iTunes - tell me what to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iTunes - tell me what to do

I just got about 35 gigs worth of music off a co-worker, and added them to my library on my work laptop. I found out a lot of these songs are duplicates from my own collection, so I deleted the dublicates and saved about 5 gigs of space.

Then I found out that deleting songs in the library means you still keep them in your harddrive. What should I do to remove these files? I've tried to "consolidate library" but this action actually copies all the music to your iTunes folder, not move them - and my work harddrive doesn't have that much space left.

Mac junkies, now it's your time to shine.

Worst case scenario: if I have to go through this entire list again and delete the dupes, how do I set iTunes to ACTUALLY delete when I'm deleting from my library list?
    TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
    TelCat> hoes get paid :(
    TelCat> i dont

I believe at the time you delete a song it asks you if you want to delete the original file. If you didn't do this, the copy stays in your iTunes folder.
    Originally posted by Jeenyuss
    sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

maybe I clicked on "no" earlier. Where is this option in iTunes 7?
      TelCat> i dont

Comment

When I press delete, iTunes asks "Are you sure" with Remove/Cancel/checkbox to "Don't ask again".

Then, iTunes asks, "Do you want to move the file to the Trash" with Trash/Cancel.

cmd-delete skips the first question.

PS You know about View->Show Duplicates, right?

Comment

the first couple times i got music from some friends i noticed that it was taking up a lot more space than it should be...when you put music on your computer, it copies it to your harddrive, then imports it to iTunes, so that you have it twice. if you go under your music folder, the only folder under that should be the iTunes one. if you have other shit in there, delete it. if you're IN iTunes, then you just have to select the "move to trash" option when it confirms the deletion of files.

Comment

Originally posted by geekbot View Post

PS You know about View->Show Duplicates, right?
            Yeah dupes aren't the problem. Some of the songs my coworker gave me have to be registered (is that what it's called?) and asks for a password to an email. I deleted those as well.

Plus sometimes I like having multiple copies of the song just so it's consistent with the album. Especially when there is a "greatest hits" album or "anthology" album.
            TelCat> i dont

Comment

Working...
            X