top 10 bands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cylor View Post
    It's all about personal attachment, Mr. Charlemagne.
    I just thought it was weird that you'd put those bands on your list but not understand why other people's lists didn't make sense to you.
    5:gen> man
    5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

I wanted to hear what reasons they had to place that band there so I could re-evaluate my position on said band according to the sincerity and honesty of their reply.
      Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
      i just wish it was longer
      Originally posted by Cops
      it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

president of the usa are awesome. it's pretty weird how much mileage they got out of the total of 5 strings between the guitarist (who plays with only 3) and the bassist (who has 2)
        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Cylor View Post
          I wanted to hear what reasons they had to place that band there so I could re-evaluate my position on said band according to the sincerity and honesty of their reply.
          Yeah but your answer to my question didn't answer the question that you asked those other people. I KNOW counting crows has lame lyrics, and I KNOW the only reason anyone that's not a girl would like them is because its nostalgic. I wanted something new.
          5:gen> man
          5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

1. ISRAELI F15-I ACE
            2. genocidal
            3. schope
            4. heroin bob
            5. Ward
            6. Ikrit
            7. Killer Soldier
            8. Soul Survivor
            9. Money
            10. The Hawk

Comment

face, i dig counting crows because often times their music is a bit depressing, and when i'm depressed (which we all know can happen quite a lot) i enjoy depressing music. it's sort of a "misery loves company" sort of thing.

case in point: perfect blue buildings
              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

They provided the perfect soundtrack to a childhood wraught with tragedy and misery and I think that is reason enough.
                it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

The soundtrack to my misery is Boyz II Men, rock on! I still have their tape.

Let's don't wait till the water runs dry...

Cannot get enough.

Comment

Were your parents swept away by Hurricane Opal, genocidal?

Comment

AC/DC
                      Aerosmith
                      Bad Company
                      The Beatles
                      Blondie
                      Bon Jovi
                      Boston
                      The Clash
                      Cream
                      Deep Purple
                      Alice Cooper
                      The Eagles
                      Dire Straits
                      Foreigner
                      Guns N' Roses
                      Billy Joel
                      The Kinks
                      Led Zeppelin
                      Steely Dan
                      Lynyrd Skynyrd
                      John Mellencamp
                      Tom Petty
                      Queen
                      The Rolling Stones
                      Bob Seger
                      Bruce Springstein
                      Steppenwolf
                      U2
                      The Who
                      Zz Top

o ya and Grand Funk Railroad :P

wow im really board o.o i never thought i'd be posting on a 2d spaceship game forum o.O

Comment

My List:

And I will defend this list to the end:

#1: Radiohead : The Beatles of our generation (In My Opinion), Unique sound, over all, an extremely talented band.

#2: Muse: A Band I can't ever seem to get tired of listening to. Also one of the best three-piece bands I've ever seen live.

#3: Brand New: I've been a fan of this band for awhile, and they always seem to surprise me. When most bands make radical chanegs to their sound, it usually heads down hill, but they've done it successfully with three albums. Jess Lacey is a young writer, but I expect him to gorw just as their music does with ever album.

#4: Led Zep: Not a HUGE fan, but they are extremely talented. And I have to give them that.

#5: Red Hot Chili Peppers: These guys have been at it for over 20 years, and despite the loss of original members and such, this band has done very well, and is very talented.

#6: The Smashing Pumpkins: I loved the change in sound as the band got older, and the different direction their songs went with time. Corgan's voice is unique, and an acquired taste though.

#7: Third Eye Blind: After losing their original guitarist I lost a little interest in the band, but as a whole, each CD impressed me, and I have yet to hate a song. Their Debut major record label is still my favorite of all three.

#8: The Goo Goo Dolls: Yet another impressive three-piece extremely talented.

#9: Rage Against the Machine: Bringing Radical Political Ideas into music successfully while still getting the crowd going to the sound. Zach De La Rocha researced every one of his songs lyrics throughly, and actually uses history to get his points across, unlike SoaD who can only wish they were RatM.

#10: Modest Mouse: Love these guys, I'd say they're (or were) the definition of an Indie Band. Moon and Antarctica = Best Album.

Comment

lol everyone who likes msi can fuk themselves now so
                          4:BigKing> xD
                          4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                          4:BigKing> what did i do???
                          4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                          4:BigKing> ???? why though
                          4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                          4:BigKing> xD

Comment

Sufficient: Dude's just getting started.

+/-: They're actually decently well-"buzzed." I like Trompe L'Oeil quite a bit and the one before that isn't bad either. Also... uh... why isn't +/- on your list? O_O O_O O_O O_O

I like how the first page of this thread was terrible but the second page was ok.

I have no last.fm, or list to share with this thread.
                            Originally posted by Ward
                            OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

All these damn emo bands. Something better?

Damn, a lot of you people listen to that emo shit.

1. System of a Down
                              2. Saliva
                              3. Drowning Pool
                              4. Godsmack
                              5. Audioslave
                              6. OAR
                              7. Dispatch
                              8. Nickleback
                              9. Staind
                              10. Disturbed

GG. I win. :P

Comment

Yes, you win the "I listen to some really embarassingly bad shit" award

U STUPED EMOS I LISTAN 2 NICKALBAK LIKE 30 TIMES BEtarraRR
                                Last edited by Vykromond; 12-17-2006, 07:29 PM.
                                Originally posted by Ward
                                OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Working...
                                X