3. Propagandhi
      4. Pink Floyd
      5. Bad Religion
      6. NOFX
      7. Streetlight Manifesto
      8. The Misfits
      9. Mighty Mighty Bosstones
      10. Rise Against
      it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Originally posted by Cylor View Post
        I was going to do a parody like some earlier posters but I guess I'll give a legit top10.

all-time:
        1. the beatles
        2. the shins
        3. counting crows
        4. bob dylan
        5. neutral milk hotel
        6. against me!
        7. sufjan stevens
        8. the lawrence arms
        9. my bloody valentine
        10. ryan adams

current:
        1. destroyer/swan lake
        2. the shins
        3. sufjan stevens
        4. joanna newsom
        5. beirut
        6. wilco
        7. yo la tengo
        8. mt. eerie/the microphones
        9. brian wilson
        10. bob dylan
        I like against me! I just wouldn't put them on my top list, still an awesome band. I'd say Neutral Milk Hotel deserves a spot in some ways, I still think the singer is a loon.

I went searching to see if someone said dragonforce was their top 10 so I could make fun of them, surprisingly no one mentioned them,
        it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy View Post
          1. Pearl Jam
          2. Queens of the Stone Age
          3. Tool
          4. Muse
          5. Foo Fighters
          6. Finger Eleven
          7. Something for Kate
          8. The Butterfly Effect
          9. Deftones
          0. Interpol

1-2 interchange
          3-7 interchange
          8-0 interchange
          A friend in need is a friend indeed.

1. Pearl Jam
          2. Foo Fighters
          3. Chili Peppers
          4. Cream
          5. Led Zep
          6. Incubus
          7. 311
          8. Pink Floyd
          9. The Beatles
          10. Jimi Hendrix

The Clash, The Wallflowers and even Black Sabbath also rotate in there frequently.
          5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
          5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
          5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Originally posted by Cops View Post
            I like against me! I just wouldn't put them on my top list, still an awesome band.
            Have you seen them live?
            Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
            i just wish it was longer
            Originally posted by Cops
            it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

some favorite artists/bands in no particular order:

jimmy buffet, seven mary three, lucky boys confusion, blues traveler, queen, garth brooks, pinkfloyd, dispatch, sublime, prozzak, harry chapin, dream theater, elton john, simon and garfunkel, paul simon, smashing pumpkins, sam cook, matchbox 20, nirvana, rod stewert, the beatles, weezer, silverchair, the eagles, red hot chili peppers, a new found glory, rightous bros, buddy holly, soundgarden, umphrey's mcgee, the traveling wilburys, radiohead, led zep, iron and wine, rush, guns n roses, george straight, the flaming lips, rob zombie, allman bros, the boss, john mellencamp, nitty gritty dirt band, incubus, bob seger, oasis, billy joel, the grateful dead, the who, roy orbison, OAR, badfinger, neil diamond, no doubt, matthew sweet, aerosmith, bela fleck, michael jackson, badly drawn boy, AFI, santana, DMB, styx, and disney music

ok that is enough, i could go on

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

I have heard those bands as well. Styx 4 lyfe?

Comment

Originally posted by Cylor View Post
                  Have you seen them live?
                  unfortunately not, I'd really like to. The last band that I saw was Brand New who opened for Dashboard which pissed me off because I only bought the ticket to see Brand New, I thought it was a dual show but found out during the concert that brand New was just opening for them. Everything would have been fine, I could jug back a few beers maybe talk to some people in the bar but I got into this whole mood before the show of not getting wasted at the show and left my i.d in my buddies car, stupid fucking mistake.

I'm gonna go to Ska is Dead for the first time in February, I'm pretty sure I've talked to you about a different number of ska bands in the past, what's ska is dead like if you've ever been? I really wished I went to one a few years ago when the lineups were stellar.

Comment

Omg.. there's too much indie pop shit bands in this thread, close it already.
                    Ara / AraGee / Death
                    SSCU Trench Wars Player since 1999
                    SSCU Trench Wars Staff since 2001
                    TWDL, TWL-B, TWL-D, TWL-J, TWDT-J Champion
                    ----------------------------------------------

Comment

• i didnt think i had many indi band thinjgs in my group at all-

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Cylor View Post
                        Have you seen them live?
                        Against Me! plays great live. I've seen them twice and even the crappy acoustics of an open air concert couldn't dampen their sound.
                        The song doesn't make your hands clap,
                        The hand claps make the song

Comment

• Originally posted by Cops View Post
                          unfortunately not, I'd really like to. The last band that I saw was Brand New who opened for Dashboard which pissed me off because I only bought the ticket to see Brand New, I thought it was a dual show but found out during the concert that brand New was just opening for them. Everything would have been fine, I could jug back a few beers maybe talk to some people in the bar but I got into this whole mood before the show of not getting wasted at the show and left my i.d in my buddies car, stupid fucking mistake.

I'm gonna go to Ska is Dead for the first time in February, I'm pretty sure I've talked to you about a different number of ska bands in the past, what's ska is dead like if you've ever been? I really wished I went to one a few years ago when the lineups were stellar.
                          How's Brand New's brand new cd? I heard it was just okay.

And yeah, I've been to Ska is Dead twice: once in 04 with Big D, Catch 22, Mustard Plug, and the Suicide Machines, and then the tour the year after with MU330, Suburban Legends, Voodoo Glow Skulls, and Streetlight Manifesto. Both were off the heezy but I hadn't heard of an 07 tour, who's on the bill?

And yeah, Against Me! shows are the absolute best I've been to and I've seen them four times. I didn't go to their recent tour after their last abomination of a CD, as I think their sound has changed a bit for the worst. Nothing beat singing along to all the words with everyone in a crowded coffee house at the top of our lungs on their Axl Rose tour, though, and I don't think anything ever will. Catharsis barely describes it.
                          it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

• Yeah man what you've heart about Brand New's CD is dead on, it's okay, not amazing but it's a different sound then I'm used to hearing from them. I wish I was there for either of those shows, I've seen all of those bands separately so it'd be awesome to see them together.

I don't think the bill is up for next year but Ska is Dead just finished a UK & Ireland Tour, the lineup looks like this Planet Smashers, Mustard Plug, Bomb The Music Industry, Free Fall Felix. It's not a top line in my opinion but it'd still be hella fun to go to ska is dead.

Comment

• Brand New's CD is very different. Some of it's good, but some of it is really bland as well.
                              Originally posted by Tone
                              Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

• I feel like that with a lot of the emo/punk/hardcore scene lately. Maybe it's just because I've heard too much of it or it really does all sound the same.

P.S. The Planet Smashers are just okay, although I love randomly turning on "Life of the Party" at parties and running around skanking through the house. I feel like they have another really good song but I can't think of it, but I know a majority of their stuff is pretty weak.

Comment

Working...
                                X