Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
    Have you heard of World War 2?
    have your heard of world war 1 and the following years, the reason another war had to start? have you ever heard of the cold war which happened after word war 2? HOW do can you still think a war was EVER a solution to anything? have you had history at all?

not to start nukes in the cold war brought peace, not to fight brought india freedome, not to fight made austia a huge country untill 100 years ago, a war lost englands its colonies... AND SO ON, you can not defeat a culture by force, not 5000 years ago and not today.

america has to stay in the middle east for at least 20 years to change anything, if they leave anytime sooner, help us god. way to make the world a better place

Everyone is concerned over global warming. Point is at the 'world' level, what our neighbors do is important.
    laugh, nice point...

Comment

Originally posted by gran guerrero View Post
      it's technically not a war, seeing as congress never declared it a war...
      You're thinking of the Vietnam Conflict.

Comment

There was a winner in this war...it was a company called Halliburton. They made billions in profits from this war on contracts given out by the U.S. Government with no competitive bids. Not only was it no-bid awards, the monies given by the U.S. Government are not accounted for and Congress & Senate approved the measure that notes that they cannot be audited to see how the monies had been spent. The only information available is the actual profits made from this debacle.

Working across from a military base and knowing a few servicemen that have served time in Iraq & Afghanistan, they all had similar feelings towards this war in noting that there is no morale as they do not know what they are fighting for anymore and that there is no actual purpose of what they are fighting for. The old Vietnam theory...we will take that hill or town and the give it back the next day, only to take it again and then give it back. Who wants to fight for that? There is no purpose to this & the troops know this. They offered $40,000.00 for my one friend to re-enlist for another tour....his comment was No...not for $400,000.00 would he do this.

So get ready for the selective service to become active and use those numbers and names of those that are required to register once they turn 18.

This global war on terror was never 1/32 the size that it is now that the Decider and Idiot invaded. Mission Accomplished...my ass.

Speaking of the Decider...anyone else gets annoyed at how he talks and notes in a speech, that he uses the term "Folks" too much. Sounds like a friggin’ cowboy wannabe to me and not a politician. I am glad to see his Ivy League education has helped him in the use of the English language and the degree of professionalism he is lacking.

Meanwhile the Bush twins are still running around South America drinking to a drunken mess every day at the expense of the taxpayers of the States, so that they can use a government jet and secret service protection at the costs of how many thousands of dollars a day. I am glad the Bush girls can keep up the family tradition of being fuckup's.

[EDIT] And Bush was noted as saying:

“I’m inclined to believe that we do need to increase our troops — the Army, the Marines,” Bush said in the Oval Office session. “And I talked about this to Secretary Gates and he is going to spend some time talking to the folks in the building, come back with a recommendation to me about how to proceed forward on this idea.”

Is it just me or does it seem odd that this War was never planned to have a contingancy plan or two in case the inital plans fell through? I am sure they did...but probably did not work the way the Decider in Denial had wanted them to. After hearing about how Bush loves the show 24, maybe he could have learned something from Jack. I think he was too enamored with the role of the actor playing the President in last seasons show to think otherwise.
        Last edited by 404 Not Found; 12-20-2006, 03:09 PM.
        May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

The footage of the Dutch troops in Afghanistan scared me. They have absolutely no leverage there. Armored transport is totally useless in that environment. They just walk around all day, they only manage to visit all the locals for a half an hour a day, the other 23.5 hours they are 'unprotected'. Everything they achieve in the region will be destroyed by the Taliban the next day.
          Anyone who supports our troops could be hanged when they return.
          These people are said to live in the stone age, but our super armies don't seem to do much better there.
          You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine View Post
            But no one did care about World War II until their own country was ATTACKED. America didn't declare war on Germany until UBoats started sinking American ships. America didn't declare war on Japan until Pearl Harbor. I don't see your point.
            USA started after 11/9, so i think you are just blind...:fear:
            Last edited by FarScape; 12-20-2006, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FarScape View Post
              USA started after 11/9, so i think you are just blind...:fear:
              Attack random countries in blind rage? A terrorist attack doesn't really compare to the bombing of Pearl Harbor.
              You ate some priest porridge

Comment

war? what war?
                offline during quicksand's victory in twld which made us the first squad to have an undefeated TWL season while winning every game 4v5.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerzera View Post
                  Attack random countries in blind rage? A terrorist attack doesn't really compare to the bombing of Pearl Harbor.
                  random countries?
                  USA is attacking countries who support the terrorisim...
                  you know, afganistan was controlled by a the taliban, who fully supported al-quaida.
                  saddam hussen was a big shit to everyone, include the arab nations around him and his own people.

i dont understand that saying "random countries". USA didnt attack austria in blind rage, they arnt stupid as you think.

WHAT did you want USA to do after almost 3000 people die in the biggest terror attack the world ever witnessed? someone is supporting this, and those countries who do, shouldnt be suprise why they are under decleartion of war...

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffz View Post
                    have your heard of world war 1 and the following years, the reason another war had to start? have you ever heard of the cold war which happened after word war 2? HOW do can you still think a war was EVER a solution to anything? have you had history at all?

not to start nukes in the cold war brought peace, not to fight brought india freedome, not to fight made austia a huge country untill 100 years ago, a war lost englands its colonies... AND SO ON, you can not defeat a culture by force, not 5000 years ago and not today.

america has to stay in the middle east for at least 20 years to change anything, if they leave anytime sooner, help us god. way to make the world a better place

laugh, nice point...

How did you come to the conclusion that I was saying that war was the only answer? Please point out where I said that. In fact, my point was that apathy ISN’T the answer. This is why I used WW2 as an example.
                    I also said that no one was offering any ideas, so what is your idea to stop countries with leaders that support expansionism, genocide, raping of the environment, harboring of terrorists?

Comment

WHAT did you want USA to do after almost 3000 people die in the biggest terror attack the world ever witnessed?
                      Not start a war that would wipe out 2.4% of the population or Iraq
                      A drunken mans words are a sober mans thoughts

LIGHT4CHAMPS

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
                        How did you come to the conclusion that I was saying that war was the only answer? Please point out where I said that. In fact, my point was that apathy ISN’T the answer. This is why I used WW2 as an example.
                        I also said that no one was offering any ideas, so what is your idea to stop countries with leaders that support expansionism, genocide, raping of the environment, harboring of terrorists?

i think there is simple solution, and its like the cold war.
                        terror groups have a strong idology base that feed them with supporters and money. its not like that terror groups wake up and get support. they invest alot of cash in education and propoganda.
                        the solution in my opinion is simple. keep fight the terror group heads, get inside the schools and the street, spend alot of money on the people and invest in education and social facilities.

its all about what those kids learn when they go to school...

Comment

Originally posted by DUMBRIT! View Post
                          Not start a war that would wipe out 2.4% of the population or Iraq
                          please go and search about iran-iraq war and understand that iraq was already shitty bloody country, much more and much before USA came.
                          remember also that the iraqies kill each others there... (yes, its USA responsbility after they captured iraq, but again, understand the way they think).

Comment

Wait: are you arguing that the U.S. was right to invade Iraq because of 9/11 despite the fact that report after report has found that there were no ties between Saddam Hussein and Al Qaeda?

Comment

please go and search about iran-iraq war and understand that iraq was already shitty bloody country, much more and much before USA came.
                              remember also that the iraqies kill each others there... (yes, its USA responsbility after they captured iraq, but again, understand the way they think).
                              Do a little check on who put and supported Saddam in power in the 1st place...can you guess? The U.S.A.! Who helped place the Shah of Iran in Power prior to the Islamic Revolution? the U.S.A., Who put Noriega in power as dictator...again...the U.S.A. The U.S. has had its hands involved in everything prior to present when it comes to the crap in the Middle East and South America.

Now the U.S. wants to give monies to Fattah in order to undermine Hamas. I am not one who is in favor of Hamas as I am sure your not either Farscape, but what will lead to another round of mistrust towards the U.S. is that we supported the free democratic elections of the Palestinians, yet as soon as Hamas won, the U.S. has a problem with this. The U.S. wants a new election and many more if the government that is not to the U.S.'s liking is not the winner. I guess that is what a real free election and democracy and freedoms for peoples are about?

The U.S. also had intention of invading Iraq long before 9/11, Do yourself a favor and read up on the declassified documents relating to this. 9/11 was a great excuse to rally the peoples of the nation to invade Iraq. The U.S. was blinded by the actions of its own government.

Post-Saddam Iraq:
                              The War Game

"Desert Crossing" 1999 Assumed
                              400,000 Troops and Still a Mess

National Security Archive Electronic Briefing Book No. 207

Introduced by Roger Strother

Posted - November 4, 2006

The U.S. has been very hypocritical in almost every stance, dating back to the treaties with the American Indians. This government is far from being a government for the people and by the people. It's a nice facade and nothing more when you look at the amount of negative crap that has transpired in covert actions against the peoples of the world and it's own nations peoples.
                              May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Originally posted by gran guerrero View Post
                                it's technically not a war, seeing as congress never declared it a war...
                                I wish idiots like this would just cease to exist.

Also, for the record....how many people in this thread (aside from me) have actually been to Iraq (twice) to see what it is actually like? Yes, we are losing this WAR, but its because of reasons that none of you (or very few) have seen. The news doesn't report the rediculous politics that soldiers are required to abide by. The Rules Of Engagement have been altered since March 2003. Its no longer "shoot anything that moves" or even "Shoot in defence" Now its all based upon making Bush look like a good Commander. us soldiers are NOT allowed to return fire without the proper authorization from somebody higher in command. terrorists bombs us...shoot us...then run away because we are no longer allowed to "Shoot to kill" even in the interest of self preservation. The way I see it, the rules that govern today's military need to be adjusted again in order to suit the needs of the mission, which is to eliminate the threat of global terrorism. Discuss.

Comment

Working...
                                X