Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R. R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" soon on HBO

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=14&cs=1

No text here really. I'm bereft of words at such an undertaking.
    2:Displaced> k washed my nuts, hope they stop itching now
    2:Displaced> now its my fucking foot that is itching, FOR FUCKS SAKE

2:Eeks> there was this girl that had a crush on me
    2:Eeks> and she had the biggest boobs i've ever seen live
    2:Eeks> had back problems too i think
    2:Eeks> it was kinda disturbing when her boobs were bigger than her head

1:DangerGirl> spider, give your cap to era
    1:spider> Wooooohoo!
    1:spider> .*passes the hat*
    1:Erathia> <eats the hat>

Originally posted by Burzum View Post

No text here really. I'm bereft of words at such an undertaking.
    Holy shit. If this is true, then it will be fucking amazing. An HBO series is about the only way that Martin's series could have been put on film. There is no way in hell they could have made a good quality series of movies out of it (the multiple main character plots would make it too complicated). If it was a series on basic cable, it would have been complete shit because they would have probably censored out 25% of the story.

Comment

It will be interesting to see who they will cast in the roles. The first one that comes to the top of my head would be having Patrick Stewart star as Tywin Lannister.

I am almost more excited for this series than the upcoming "Pacific War" WWII mini-series that is being produced the people who made Band of Brothers.

Oh and by the way... I checked Martin's blog and it looks like he is confirming the Variety report.

Originally posted by George R.R. Martin
      Yes, it's true.

Yes, this is the Big News that I have been hinting at.

No, the Big News was not the pizza crawl, or the delivery of the new WILD CARDS book, though of course I'm excited about those as well.

VARIETY broke the story this morning. Instead of rehashing what they said, let me just point all of you toward:

I've already gotten close to a hundred emails this morning, just off the VARIETY article. I expect that number will have swollen to several hundred before the day is out. I appreciate all the good wishes and congratulations, but I am NOT going to be able to respond to all of you individually.

I will be making my own announcement on my news page, of course, and that may answer some of your questions, but I haven't actually written it yet, so please be patient.

I appreciate all the casting suggestions too, but guys, you're getting way way WAY ahead of yourselves. Developing a television series is a long and time-consuming process, and we're just getting started here. We only closed the deal a couple of days ago.

I will do my best to keep everyone informed as the project progresses, but this is not something you will be telling TIVO to record next week.

This might be a great time to subscribe to HBO, however. Regardless of what happens with A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE, HBO still has the best shows on television, shows like DEADWOOD, THE WIRE, and THE SOPRANOS that stand head and shoulders above anything on the networks. The second season of ROME just started last Sunday, and it's fabulous; the look of it, the writing, the directing, the acting, all of it is first rate. That's why I have been saying for years that HBO was the perfect place for A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE
      http://grrm.livejournal.com/

EDIT: Martin added a bunch more info about the series to his web site on his news page here: http://www.georgerrmartin.com/news.html
      Last edited by Jonesy; 01-25-2007, 02:09 AM.

Comment

I just wish he would come out with the 5th book already.
        My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Even if he did, there's still two more books to come. I suspect the series will be done no earlier than the last book of his series is in print, and by that time we'll all be in our thirties.
          2:Displaced> k washed my nuts, hope they stop itching now
          2:Displaced> now its my fucking foot that is itching, FOR FUCKS SAKE

2:Eeks> there was this girl that had a crush on me
          2:Eeks> and she had the biggest boobs i've ever seen live
          2:Eeks> had back problems too i think
          2:Eeks> it was kinda disturbing when her boobs were bigger than her head

1:DangerGirl> spider, give your cap to era
          1:spider> Wooooohoo!
          1:spider> .*passes the hat*
          1:Erathia> <eats the hat>

Comment

Originally posted by OP site link
            Martin has nearly finished the fifth installment, but won't complete the seven-book cycle until 2011.
            My problem is that I got into the series a year ago, and I read all 4 books within like 4 months. I've been waiting ever since for the 5th book, I'll have to wikipedia the series to refresh myself when it comes out :fear:
            My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue View Post
              My problem is that I got into the series a year ago, and I read all 4 books within like 4 months. I've been waiting ever since for the 5th book, I'll have to wikipedia the series to refresh myself when it comes out :fear:
              same
              read them all quickly and got to the 4th right as it came out

so thats where im at in life

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

I'm going through the audiobooks since I'm lazy ... plus it's easier to eat and listen rather than eat and read.

Comment

Working...
                X