Fish-and-Chips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish-and-Chips

Wouldn't the sentence 'I want to put two hyphens between the words Fish and And, and And and Chips in my Fish-And-Chips sign' have been clearer if quotation marks had been placed before Fish, and between Fish and and, and and and And, and And and and, and and and And, and And and and, and and and Chips, and after Chips?
    Last edited by Ewan; 02-14-2007, 09:38 AM.
    USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
    ---A few minutes later---
    9:cool koen> you scorereseted
    9:Kim> UM
    9:Kim> i didn't
    9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
    9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
    9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
    9:pascone> lol?

This is what happens when British people have too much time on their hands - shitty food and silly dialogue.

Comment

I disagree, A+++ for both food and dialogue: that's some funny shit.

Moved to Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by Ewan View Post
        Wouldn't the sentence 'I want to put two hyphens between the words Fish and And, and And and Chips in my Fish-And-Chips sign' have been clearer if quotation marks had been placed before Fish, and between Fish and and, and and and And, and And and and, and and and And, and And and and, and and and Chips, and after Chips?"
        First of all, the sentence, "Wouldn't the sentence 'I want to put two hyphens between the words Fish and And, and And and Chips in my Fish-And-Chips sign' have been clearer if quotation marks had been placed before Fish, and between Fish and and, and and and And, and And and and, and and and And, and And and and, and and and Chips, and after Chips?"" should not end in double quotes.

Secondly, wouldn't the sentence, "Wouldn't the sentence 'I want to put two hyphens between the words Fish and And, and And and Chips in my Fish-And-Chips sign' have been clearer if quotation marks had been placed before Fish, and between Fish and and, and and and And, and And and and, and and and And, and And and and, and and and Chips, and after Chips?"" have been clearer if "before" or "after" had been used referring to "Fish", "And", and "Chips" (as opposed to a listing of each word "Fish", "And", "and", and "Chips". I certainly think so.

Comment

I think my brain just crashed.
          thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Originally posted by geekbot View Post
            First of all, the sentence, "Wouldn't the sentence 'I want to put two hyphens between the words Fish and And, and And and Chips in my Fish-And-Chips sign' have been clearer if quotation marks had been placed before Fish, and between Fish and and, and and and And, and And and and, and and and And, and And and and, and and and Chips, and after Chips?"" should not end in double quotes.

Secondly, wouldn't the sentence, "Wouldn't the sentence 'I want to put two hyphens between the words Fish and And, and And and Chips in my Fish-And-Chips sign' have been clearer if quotation marks had been placed before Fish, and between Fish and and, and and and And, and And and and, and and and And, and And and and, and and and Chips, and after Chips?"" have been clearer if "before" or "after" had been used referring to "Fish", "And", and "Chips" (as opposed to a listing of each word "Fish", "And", "and", and "Chips". I certainly think so.
            The " was my error of copying and pasting, corrected!

Using before and after might be easier to understand, but takes the whole fun out of the sentence!

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

Valid sentence!
            USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
            ---A few minutes later---
            9:cool koen> you scorereseted
            9:Kim> UM
            9:Kim> i didn't
            9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
            9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
            9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
            9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Originally posted by Ewan View Post
              Wouldn't the sentence 'I want to put two hyphens between the words Fish and And, and And and Chips in my Fish-And-Chips sign' have been clearer if quotation marks had been placed before Fish, and between Fish and and, and and and And, and And and and, and and and And, and And and and, and and and Chips, and after Chips?
              ¿La oración ' no desearía poner dos guiones entre los pescados de las palabras y y, y y y las virutas en mi muestra de las Pescado-Y-Virutas ' haber estado más claro si la cita marca había sido colocado antes de pescados, y entre los pescados y y, y y y y, y y y y, y y y y, y y y y, y y y las virutas, y después de virutas?
              Originally posted by paradise!
              pretty sure the flu is just bacteria found everywhere, just during the winter our immune systems are at its lowest, thus the bacteria aren't exactly killed off.
              1:Reaver> HALP
              1:Reaver> HELELP
              1:Reaver> SAW CRANS MOM NAKED
              1:Reaver> HELP YOU DUMB FUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by Salubrious View Post
                ¿La oración ' no desearía poner dos guiones entre los pescados de las palabras y y, y y y las virutas en mi muestra de las Pescado-Y-Virutas ' haber estado más claro si la cita marca había sido colocado antes de pescados, y entre los pescados y y, y y y y, y y y y, y y y y, y y y y, y y y las virutas, y después de virutas?

Ante todo, la oración, "Hace no la oración 'quiero poner dos guiones entre las palabras Pescan y Y, y Y y las Pastillas en mi Pez Y Pastillas firman' ha sido más claro si las comillas habían sido colocadas antes de Pez, y entre Pez y y, y y y Y, y Y y y, y y y Y, y Y y y, y y y las Pastillas, y después de Pastillas"?" debe El doble cita.

En segundo lugar, hace no la oración, "Hace no la oración 'quiero poner dos guiones entre las palabras Pescan y Y, y Y y las Pastillas en mi Pez Y Pastillas firman' ha sido más claro si las comillas habían sido colocadas antes de Pez, y entre Pez y y, y y y Y, y Y y y, y y y Y, y Y y y, y y y las Pastillas, y después de Pastillas"?" tiene O "después de que" hubiera sido utilizado refiriéndose para "Pescar", "Y", y las "Pastillas" (en comparación con una lista de cada "Pez" de palabra, "Y", "y", y las "Pastillas". Yo ciertamente creo que sí.

Comment

Working...
                X