Rome second season = <3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rome second season = <3

So recently I fell in love with Trailer Park Boys all over again (had just seen a few episodes before), and watched all 6 seasons over the past few weeks. I finished it yesterday, and finally got a chance to watch the first episode of the second season of Rome.

OMGWAD I love this show, it's going to be so badass this season. Please watch the first season and catch up with me on the second season if you haven't =x
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Originally posted by Liquid Blue View Post
    So recently I fell in love with Trailer Park Boys all over again (had just seen a few episodes before), and watched all 6 seasons over the past few weeks. I finished it yesterday, and finally got a chance to watch the first episode of the second season of Rome.

OMGWAD I love this show, it's going to be so badass this season. Please watch the first season and catch up with me on the second season if you haven't =x
    I thought the first season was great. I haven't started on the second yet.

Comment

Both seasons have been great. Sadly they're only 10 episodes each. Historically, it seems fairly accurate and the only thing that bugs me is the use of British slang (come on, the Romans never said bollocks). One of the best shows on HBO. Ever.
      The song doesn't make your hands clap,
      The hand claps make the song

Comment

Originally posted by PUNK rock View Post
        Both seasons have been great. Sadly they're only 10 episodes each. Historically, it seems fairly accurate and the only thing that bugs me is the use of British slang (come on, the Romans never said bollocks). One of the best shows on HBO. Ever.
        The Romans & the Brits were pretty tight.. even though they fought a lot.
        Claudius Caesar gives his daughter, Venus Julia (Venissa) to the British king Arviragus for his bride. Caradoc, another British king & Pendragon in the battles against Rome, around the same time gave his daughter Gladys to stay with Claudius, who later (AD 52) adopted her. She then married a Roman Senator (AD 53) named Rufus Pudentius around the era of the Claudian Treaty, which lasted about 2 years. (They're mentioned in the N.T.: Do thy diligence to come before winter. Eubulus greeteth thee, and Pudens, and Linus (Caradoc's son, who also started the first Christian church in Rome & became the 1st Bishop of Rome.), and Claudia (Gladys changed her name after being adopted to honor Claudius Caesar) and all the brethren. 2Tim. 4:21) While Britain & Rome fought, Caradoc's sister (Graecina) also married a Roman General named Aulus Plautius. The irony of the fighting between Britain & Rome was that the rulers of both were related In-Laws. Almost 300 years later, Constantine's family also came out of Britain.

Edit:> Shakespeare wrote a play around Caradoc's dad. King Cunobelinus, the Cymbeline of Shakespeare.
        Last edited by HeavenSent; 02-14-2007, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Actually not much was known of Britain around the time of Julius Cesar. Around the time he invaded the region Britain was basically on the edge of the known/civilized world, it was seen as a strange land by the ancient Romans.

Comment

Originally posted by PUNK rock View Post
            Historically, it seems fairly accurate and the only thing that bugs me is the use of British slang (come on, the Romans never said bollocks).
            But the Romans spoke English?

Comment

Originally posted by Superted View Post
              But the Romans spoke English?
              Vulgar Latin. Very basic old English didn't develop for a long time after Rome fell.

Edit: Sorry.
              Last edited by Kolar; 02-14-2007, 11:44 AM.

Comment

I was being sarcastic, but thank you.

Comment

I watched the first few episodes of rome season 1 and it was pretty awesome, but the time on which it was on tv was so horrible that I never finished watching the season.. and I lack the disc space right now to dl both seasons.
                  Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Working...
                  X