Do you think...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think...

When the Bush administration ends, will shows like the Colbert Report/The daily show have trouble finding good material? It seems like they relay way too much on making fun of just it.
    help: (qg) (javs): i think my isp is stealing internet from me.

What's the difference between chopping an onion and chopping a baby? I cry when I chop onions. Type ?go Jav -Chao <ER>
    MegamanEXE> Chao
    MegamanEXE> I came from watching Hockey to say this
    (Sefarius)> ....
    (Hate The Fake)> LOL
    MegamanEXE> You are sick
    MegamanEXE> Good day

Daily Show was around before Bush, it will probably be around after Bush.
    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

yeah, i was gonna say it started during the clinton admin, and it was as good if not better then. they have always been able to fall back on special reports from their 'correspondents' anyway. although, they seem to have lost all the great ones.
      Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
      apt>yes u can wtf
      apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
      apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
      apt>so i dont miss the toilet
      Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
      apt>na
      apt>ill show you pictures
      apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

Originally posted by za gophar View Post
        yeah, i was gonna say it started during the clinton admin, and it was as good if not better then. they have always been able to fall back on special reports from their 'correspondents' anyway. although, they seem to have lost all the great ones.
        I dunno, I like the new British guy....I think he's named John Oliver.
        Originally posted by Tone
        Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

I liked the Daily show yrs ago when it was John Killborn hosting it. Stewart is not all that bad, but Killborn had a certain appeal...maybe it was his prior ESPN days that did it for me, as is with Countdown w/Keith Olbermann. This has become one of my new favorites. Something about those ex-ESPN newscasters
          May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

John Oliver is excellent, he fits in perfectly.

And no, Both shows make fun of politicians who are stupid, and people who are stupid, and you'll always have an abundance of both.
            The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
            All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Trust me, whoever is in power next, they will make fun of them, regardless. Black/White, Man/Woman, Republican/Democrat ... it's still gonna be funny.
              DELETED

Comment

i like larry wilmore and john oliver
                Originally posted by turmio
                jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                Originally posted by grand
                I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell View Post
                  Trust me, whoever is in power next, they will make fun of them, regardless. Black/White, Man/Woman, Republican/Democrat ... it's still gonna be funny.
                  quoted for c&c sig
                  NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

I've spoken 1 on 1 with many different comedians. It's only making there jobs easier with what has been going on. Once Bush is gone there will be other issues, it's not like he's the only one that makes mistakes in this world. But they may be harder to find but there will be others. Btw, The Colbert report is an excellent show.

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
                    1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
                    1:Freeze> LOL FAR
                    ---
                    5:waven> freeze
                    5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
                    5:waven> you state your business with sanji
                    5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
                    5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
                    5:waven> and i will talk to ease
                    5:Freeze> LOL
                    5:waven> that's how things work around here
                    --
                    1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

Bush in the last 2-3 years has stopped being a source of good comedy in my opinion. I think people are tired of the jokes about him. Comparing the man's intelligence to that of a monkey only works so many times. Most of all though the things he does, for the most part, involve killing people or stripping his country bare of social infrastructure. Trying to make jokes about that kind of stuff is hard at best, making it appealing is even harder. The Daily Show will always have material up to and beyond 2008. The universe doesn't stop producing idiot politicians and bureaucrat because the Republicans are gonna get tossed out.

Comment

Incase you didn't know, the Daily Show used to not be a humorous show.

Comment

Originally posted by Pummel View Post
                          Incase you didn't know, the Daily Show used to not be a humorous show.
                          No Kilborn just wasn't that good.

Comment

Maybe so, but I don't recall 'The Daily Show' being on the Comedy Network when Kilborn hosted it. I dunno.. =/

Comment

The Daily Show has always been a comedy show on Comedy Central. I personally liked Kilborn better, not because I think Kilborn is great, but because I just don't think Jon Stewart is very funny on the show at all. He's preachy as hell, Kilborn just delivered the jokes. I love Colbert Report though.
                              5:gen> man
                              5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Working...
                              X