Achtung: Deutschen in Bayern?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Achtung: Deutschen in Bayern?

I'm traveling to München for a week. Any suggestions on what to do, despite the oncoming rain? I plan on going to Augsburg and Tegernsee. Other than that I have a day or two to play with. Anything better than Neuschwanstein?

Vielen dank!

Kindrn des Lichts
    LAME - http://lame.twzone.net

Eat some bratwursten and have some beerie's B)

Comment

I'm not sure what Tegernsee is, but if you like castles like Neuschwanstein there's a whole 'Romantic Road' going through the province Bavaria. There's probably a bit too much to visit in just a week, but Rothenburg should be nice (a medieval town)

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romantic_road)

But if you get bored easily of visiting historical sights, and would rather experience the real German culture I found this after a quick google-search:

"Strong Beer Weeks in Munich, from 22 February - 31 March 2007.
      Every year, during Lent, Munich celebrates Strong Beer Weeks, so from Ash Wednesday to Easter, you might want to head to Munich for Munich's special Starkbier served in the Paulanerkeller and other breweries around town. Starkbier is just that - extremely strong beer that was originally brewed by Monks to get them through the Lent season."

(http://www.beerfestivals.org/article...ong_beer.htmla)

Eventhough I study history, I'd especially advice you to do the latter! (especially if it's gonna rain it's much better to be drinking beer)

Comment

I'm going to Salzburg, München, and Rothenburg as well this summer. If anyone knows of anything that I've got to see in any of these places, hit me up!
        Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
        1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
        1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
        1:Chao <ER>> at all
        1:Mantra-Slider> chao
        1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
        Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
        Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

eat some sauerkraut

Comment

check out some Festivals if you can.
            Frequency 15.08 Salzburg
            Sonnemondundsterne 10.08 Erfurt
            Southside 22.06.2007 Stuttgard

and dont bother trying to score some drugs in the swiss, that doesnt work so well anymore.
            Last edited by Fluffz; 03-14-2007, 05:49 PM.

Comment

I heard that there are actually Japanese people who take the plane to Germany to rent a car and go crazy on the German Highway.
              Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandagirl! View Post
                ...hit me up!
                5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

You got to eat some Döner kebab with saurkraut in it! Oh my the Döner in Berlin were so damn good!

Comment

Take a good look at the city, go to the olypmic stadium (Allianz Arena) and drink A LOT OF BEER in the Brauhaus. There should be a bigass tent somewhere in the city where you can eat Sauerbraten, Haxen and drink the finest beer.

Dont forget to visit the Chiemsee. Its a very historical and nice place.
                    Neuschwanstein is one of the most beautiful castles in the world but dont just visit the castle, take our time for a walk around.
                    Beautiful view.

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
                      I heard that there are actually Japanese people who take the plane to Germany to rent a car and go crazy on the German Highway.
                      Just read that the Autobahn speed limit is going to be lowered from 140Kph to 80kph. This is due to environmental laws that they wish to pass in limiting wasted fuel and energy...not to leave out the typical greenhouse emmissions that are present regardless of speed. Has not happened yet, but looks like it will be implemented soon.
                      May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

80kph? That's insane. I can legally go faster than that on my road.
                        Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                        1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
                        1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
                        1:Chao <ER>> at all
                        1:Mantra-Slider> chao
                        1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
                        Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
                        Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Originally posted by Pandagirl! View Post
                          80kph? That's insane. I can legally go faster than that on my road.
                          Roughly 50MPH. If the sole purpose was to eliminate fuel waste and create a more "Green" policy towards such fuel waste, it makes sense. I really cannot see it dropping to such a minimal speed on a highway. 55MPH (88Kph) - 70MPH (120Kph) perhaps.

The entire debate over the idea of lowering the maximum speed is all based upon the EU meeting certain energy concerns.

It's not that bad an idea.

For those who live in Finland...I am curious to know...do you still regulate the maximum speeds new drivers can go by having the oval "80" stickers on the cars? Back in the 70's the new drivers would be restricted from driving too fast. I always wondered why that was not done on a larger scale world wide.
                          May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

rawr. thats what we get for voting green and being such carebears about nature i guess.

on a 30km short 4+4 lane Autobahn the radar has flashed 3000 times resulting in 1300 speeding tickets and more to come. thats in TWO days with a speed limit at 1oo kmh. the first 37kmh to fast sell at 29€. add that to "secton control" where you get a photo taken when you enter the autobahn and one when you leave it. they calculate the time you have to need and if you drive too fast you get your ticket.
                            link

Comment

Holy Fuck, CoL.

We had some good times mate, hope all is well in your life now, sounds like it is. Would love to talk to you, if you have AIM (jackkiefer1982) or dsnappiii@hotmail.com is my e-mail mate.

Later, hope life is LAME.

Comment

Working...
                              X