Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox 360: Project Sylpheed

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...lph/index.html

Fox McCloud wishes he could look as good as this ... no joke, the dude told me during a drunken stooper. This Space Combat game for the 360 was originally released in Japan to moderate success and now it's coming to the States this summer. Square Enix isn't known for it's action games, so the bar isn't set too high for this game. But, by the looks of it, the arcade style shoot-em-up, like Star Fox on crack, should be good for those who haven't had a good space shooter in quite some time.

And also, if you think the name sounds familiar, it is an old school top down shooter if I remember correctly.

Edit: (Debaser)>correct your thread, game arts made project sylph, SE is just publishing it, just like how game arts made the original silpheed and sierra just published it here
    Last edited by Dameon Angell; 04-06-2007, 03:36 AM.
    DELETED

Silpheed (put out by Sierra a looong time ago) was great. I still remember that the title music was Moonlight Sonata.
    Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon
      like Star Fox on crack,
      Sorry no

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthread.php?t=29659
      My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Fine fine .. It's a very highly polished, Star Fox-esque game, though.

It also reminds me of this Spaceship sim for the PC. Tachyon: the Fringe. It was starring the voice of Bruce Campbell and was the shit. I need to go buy that, lol.
        DELETED

Comment

The original Sylpheed was awesome! Too bad my 5.1 floppies were somewhat corrupt. When I got to the last level, the thing just crashed, it was extremely sad considering there's no save game so I just played really really really really well. I bought the damn thing too!
          Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
          www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
          www.animeslice.com

Comment

Working...
          X