Discussion about gun laws.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
    TK, I'm just gonna get this off my chest right now: When I see your name in the "Last Post" area of a thread that I recently posted in, a shiver runs down my spine and my asshole tightens up because once TK zings your post, nothing can save you. You can try, but the moment you fight back you only further cripple your own chances of recovering. The black hole that your reputation falls into is almost the same as the existential blackhole formed by the mere existence of this post, as the post realizes that as soon as it is posted, it is open to quotation and one-line-ation by you, TK. Thus the very continuation of my typing is not only completely superfluous, but equally dire, in that it adds mass and volume to the post so when you come along and blow me down, it will seem ridiculous that you were able to tie this entire post up with one mere utterance. Jesus christ why am I still typing seriously, I am only fucking myself over. Why can't I ever LEARN TO LISTEN TO MYSELF I SWEAR TO GOD I WI
    I'm so blazed right now that your nonsensical rant makes perfect sense.

like a sensicle rant. Good point mate.
    Originally posted by Tone
    Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Originally posted by Squeezer View Post
      I'm so blazed right now that your nonsensical rant makes perfect sense.

like a sensicle rant. Good point mate.
      holy shit. I think we're both high together. this is weird.
      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

holy shit. I think we're both high together. this is weird.
        sssshhh....just let it happen my firend.just let it happen.

NoW onto English!
        Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Originally posted by Squeezer View Post
          sssshhh....just let it happen my firend.just let it happen.

NoW onto English!
          oh christ this is mindblowing
          NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

oh christ this is mindblowing
            dude don't make me miss my english class.

I gotta pretend to learn stuff. Gosh gollie.

Comment

How exactly do I do that here? All I stated is that I don't keep up with the European laws so I couldn't answer 404's question, and I never tried to answer his question in regards to whether or not there is a European law on gun control.
              Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

These are all the policy areas of the EU.

Agriculture - Audiovisual and Media - Budget - Competition - Consumers - Culture - Customs - Development - Economic and Monetary Affairs - Education, Training and youth - Employment and Social Policy - Energy - Enlargement - Enterprise - Environment - External Relations - External Trade - Fisheries - Food Safety - Foreign and Security Policy - Fights against Fraud - Human Rights - Humanitarian Aid - Information Society - Institutional Affairs - Internal Market - Justice, Freedom and Security - Public Health - Regional Policy - Research and Innovation - Taxation - Transport

The only mention of guns I can find is in the Fight against organised crime, and that is only about the gun trafficking. Nothing about gun possession.

As far as I know, Europe has no Criminal Law section. It only describes the basic rights everyone has in EU, but nothing like about murder, the punishment for it, etc. That is all still left up to the countries to do.

So as I said earlier, EU regulation is still MOSTLY Economic. The Justice, Freedom and Security part deals with Basic Human Rights within the EU. The cooperation between police, customs and judicial within the EU and the fight against terrorism, drugs, organised crime, etc. Not specific laws on what is or is not criminal, is or is not illegal, etc. EU Regulation mostly has to do with the Economy within the EU (restrictions, rights, freedom of stuff within the EU, import/export stuff) and Human Rights and freedom within the EU (open borders) And the cooperation of the judicial system of each country.

Isn't it so in the U.S. (I am asking not stating) that for example Murder is handled on national basis (when is it first degree, second degree, manslaughter, etc. The years in prison for each category, etc) and the States only decide if they are for or against the Death Penalty?
                Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
                  Isn't it so in the U.S. (I am asking not stating) that for example Murder is handled on national basis (when is it first degree, second degree, manslaughter, etc. The years in prison for each category, etc) and the States only decide if they are for or against the Death Penalty?
                  No, nothing like that at all. It's a jurisdictional thing but all murder cases are tried in state courts unless it occurs in multiple states or something like that (i.e. suspect flees to another state). Death penalty laws vary from state to state, as do all other punishment laws, like incarceration. A notable exception to the jurisdictional thing is hate crimes - they are always federal.

Comment

the fact that anyone is trying to compare the european union, a collection of different countries, each with different languages, histories and laws, to the UNITED STATES of america, is truly mind boggling to me.

if you had tried to compare english law with welsh, scottish or irish, then you may have been on the right track, but as yet this is truly laughable.

So far I have gatherd that the united states, arent really that united after all, and are infact countries in their own right?

EDIT: i already know that you will now jump on what i have said, but i just couldnt sit by and read this thread with Galeleo being the only one talking up for how you truly cannot compare one large country, with a union of others.

Comment

If a wacked up kid didn't have a gun he would've found a way to grow a ricin tree, extract the toxin from the beans and put it in the punch at the local prom or something similar.

Being in a country with a no-gun law sure as hell makes you creative :fear:
                      "... I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep." -R. Frost

Comment

austria passed a stricter law on guns in 1997, since then 24% less people were allowed to carry a weapon, suicide by gun rate decreased by 26%, murder by gun rate decreased by 67%.

so much 4 that, just because the NRA lists swiss austria and other countries with high gun count and low homizide figures in their favour doesnt mean they do not talk out of their ass. more guns=more deaths. less guns=less deaths

also how much 'freedome' can you americans possibly have, if you need to keep a gun in range to defend it?

Comment

Working...
                        X