Cutting Your Own Hair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting Your Own Hair

So after having a shaved head for the past year or so, I've decided to let it grow back to normal. It was great simply shaving my own head and saving the $20 (including tip) it costs for a haircut here in Chicago. I estimated I saved $100 doing this.

Now I'm trying to figure out if I can pull off cutting my own hair by doing a simple Asian haircut ... the type that 80% of current adolescent Asian-Americans have (except mine is slightly longer and not really spiked or gelled).

This leads me to looking for a better set of clippers/buzzers/trimmers like the following: http://consumer.wahl.com/product.cfm?sid=9&ID=55

My main question is ... can I use a clipper with some special adjustment or plastic guide to layer my hair simply by running it from say the side of my head up? I want my hair on the sides and back to be shorter on the bottom and gradually be longer as it reaches the top of my head. Is this what the "taper control" feature in the website will do for me?

I do my own hair with a razor comb sometimes, it's a comb with razorblades and it's an easy way to shorten your hair.
    You ate some priest porridge

Comment

I thought this thread was about pubic hair.
      Anyone shaves that?
      some are wise, some are otherwise

1: PolluX> People say I talk too much
      1: Louis XV> Dude you seriously need to stfu!
      1: Louis XV> I still love you, k?

Comment

Originally posted by PolluX View Post
        Anyone shaves that?
        You have to be pretty gay to shave it smooth in my opinion.
        You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by Zerzera View Post
          You have to be pretty gay to shave it smooth in my opinion.
          Nah. You have to pretty prude to not shave it smooth in my opinion.
          some are wise, some are otherwise

1: PolluX> People say I talk too much
          1: Louis XV> Dude you seriously need to stfu!
          1: Louis XV> I still love you, k?

Comment

How poor are you to not be able to cough up 20$ every 4-5 months to get your hair done, and get to have a hot chick rub your head while you imagine the softness of her bosom. Hell, I'll even let my beard wander off for 3-4 weeks so she has more to do.

-Well mr Crv, I think your beard could use a trim or two
            -I bet you're very skillful at trimming...beards...
            -Oh mr Crv! You are naughty today hihi...
            -You bring out the worst in me, dear

(she then starts going with her fingers through my beard)
            -I do fancy a sturdy growth, I can tell you that much tiihi

Tell me that isn't worth 20$ right there!
            Originally posted by Disliked
            However, I have a bigger problem, being an atheist for 9 years, most of it during my teenage years I've become a little addicted to masterbation. I've tried to stop and even asked God to help but I'm unable to resist the temptation and it's driving me insane with grief.

Originally posted by concealed
            when i was on incuria i took 40 mgs of adderol like an hour before every match. didnt help me that much :X

Comment

Well I get a gay dude to cut my hair because he does a way better job than retarded blonde whores.

Comment

Nah. You have to pretty prude to not shave it smooth in my opinion.
                Agreed. Hair is made for eyebrows, legs, arms, shoulders and chests. Facial is optional, since the usage of it can make or break it.

Now, i do not shave under my arms. I was stunned by an article that apparently more and more men seem to do that lately!? Anyone? And if so, why?

Comment

I know it sounds funny, but the flowbee is a great haircutting tool. Gives a nice layered look.

It's these little things, they can pull you under.

Live your life filled with joy and thunder.

Yeah, yeah we were altogether

lost in our little lives.

Comment

Originally posted by WorstPlayerEver View Post
                    I know it sounds funny, but the flowbee is a great haircutting tool. Gives a nice layered look.

hook yer hed to a vaccuum cleaner and cut it

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by WorstPlayerEver View Post

please tell me someone gets this
                      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Anyone shaves that?
                        BRAZILAIN THAT SHIT or if you're poor bald eagle it.
                        it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post

please tell me someone gets this
                          YOU'RE SUCKIN MY BRAINS OUT, MANNNNNNNNNNN

Comment

I was bald-headed twice in college (I have a big lump on my head so it's not attractive, but I do look a little thuggish). In college I cut my own hair a lot, free-handing worked for me. Free handing with a guard or using 2-3 progressively longer guards can work. It depends on how clean you want it to look. Cutting your own hair will never give you a perfect "just got a haircut" look. But who cares if your goal is to save $20.

My brother keeps his hair pretty short- a crew cut more or less- and I'm pretty sure he freehands (with a guard) also. If you sort of hold the clippers steady and brace your wrist against your head to control the distance, you can do it. If you screw up you can always go bald again. : )

Comment

my mom cuts my hair!

Seriously though I only need a hair cut once every two or so months. Why risk messing it up?

As a comparison, the gf spends roughly 60-70 to get her hair done. And she does it about twice a month... calculate in other expensive hair products, shampoos, hair bands, pins, brooches, whatever else girls put in their hair

we're talking thousands of dollars a year here people!
                              TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                              TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                              TelCat> i dont

Comment

Working...
                              X