Death redefined?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong again Noah.

The lungs are where oxygen exchange happens within the body. Blood from the pulmonary circulation goes from the right ventricle, up the pulmonary artery into the pulmonary capillaries where oxygen and carbon dioxide are exchanged in the alveoli (the air sacs within the lung), and then it is then sent into the pulmonary veins into the left atrium where it is pumped in the left ventricle into the aorta and into the rest of the body.

The lung's job is to have ALL THE BLOOD in the body pass through it, so that the carbon dioxide in the blood can be blown off and extra oxygen can be taken in. Therefore the lung is supposed to be continously full of blood, or else you would never get any oxygen into your body.
    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
    www.animeslice.com

Comment

I wasn't sure about the lungs and blood thing.. I know the exchange between oxygen and blood etc. goes on somewhere around there, but not if it was really in the lungs, or just in some part or whatever.
      Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

I would say that for me personally, it's usually more important that all my blood goes through my liver. This is especially the case on nights and weekends.
        USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine View Post
          Wrong again Noah.

The lungs are where oxygen exchange happens within the body. Blood from the pulmonary circulation goes from the right ventricle, up the pulmonary artery into the pulmonary capillaries where oxygen and carbon dioxide are exchanged in the alveoli (the air sacs within the lung), and then it is then sent into the pulmonary veins into the left atrium where it is pumped in the left ventricle into the aorta and into the rest of the body.

The lung's job is to have ALL THE BLOOD in the body pass through it, so that the carbon dioxide in the blood can be blown off and extra oxygen can be taken in. Therefore the lung is supposed to be continously full of blood, or else you would never get any oxygen into your body.
          I've never disagreed on that.

With wikipedia around, even 12 year olds can sound like experts by copying stuff of it.

Normal forum goers considers lungs as the 2 sacks you always see in your chest when you're looking at a childrens anatomy picture. We're just arguing on definitions and wording here.

Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
          Blood is not supposed to go into the lungs.. I am pretty sure that is a bad thing.
          The way Galleleo put it was that blood is not supposed to go into the lungs, and you aren't supposed to get blood INSIDE your lungs so it fills them up.
          He didn't say "blood is not supposed to go to the lungs", or anything that ruled out the possibility of a part in the lungs dealing with the exchange. He also said this in the post he made after your reply.

Anyway, I'm not going to go into a longer discussion about how each post were written, and the meanings behind the words. We've all basically agreed on the same thing all the time.
          Last edited by Noah; 05-03-2007, 02:33 PM.
          Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold View Post
            DMT releasing substances like Mescaline - found the in San Pedro cacti, Aminita Muscaria etc - which are somewhat intense and life changing from what I remember of them years ago.) .
            Glad no druggies came in here and bashed me for this... those two things are Mescaline producing plants, not DMT, my bad.

Now it's coming back to me. I remember having to drink some sort of nasty terrible plant remedy that contained MAOI's (which are incredibly dangerous themselves if you don't fast and can be fatal if you eat the wrong thing a day before or after, I feel bad for the really bad for depressed people that are on MAOI prescriptions daily), and then the Ayahuasca tea. An old friend of mine, who I've since lost contact with, used to grow the stuff and go on all sorts of road trips to visit hippies; otherwise I'd think it'd be near impossible to get your hands on the stuff.

Ah well, if you want to see the scary side of death, just smoke some high potent Salvia... as some TWers that know me, back in the day, the last drug that I ever did was Salvia, and it changed my life forever (in an incredibly positive direction). Now, I see it being sold at gas stations and such, so it's probably legal, but seriously... treat it with respect, it's not some pussy weed substitute.

Comment

Originally posted by Noah View Post
              With wikipedia around, even 12 year olds can sound like experts by copying stuff of it.
              Just wait until you copy something from a vandalized article. :detective
              Originally posted by Tone
              It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
              Originally posted by the_paul
              Gargle battery acid fuckface
              Originally posted by Material Girl
              I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

I didn't read all of it but doesn't the brain get pretty fucked by just getting too little oxygen..? =/ I dunno
                2:Entertainer> Supreme Auth> we should all be like: Morh> EIN REICH EIN VOLK EIN FUHRER and then jones and logain would be "SIEG HEIL o/"

Comment

Originally posted by LoGGi! View Post
                  I didn't read all of it but doesn't the brain get pretty fucked by just getting too little oxygen..? =/ I dunno
                  Doesnt need oxygen if its dead $$

Thats why zombies are so hard to kill :fear:
                  Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                  Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold View Post
                    Glad no druggies came in here and bashed me for this... those two things are Mescaline producing plants, not DMT, my bad.

Now it's coming back to me. I remember having to drink some sort of nasty terrible plant remedy that contained MAOI's (which are incredibly dangerous themselves if you don't fast and can be fatal if you eat the wrong thing a day before or after, I feel bad for the really bad for depressed people that are on MAOI prescriptions daily), and then the Ayahuasca tea. An old friend of mine, who I've since lost contact with, used to grow the stuff and go on all sorts of road trips to visit hippies; otherwise I'd think it'd be near impossible to get your hands on the stuff.

Ah well, if you want to see the scary side of death, just smoke some high potent Salvia... as some TWers that know me, back in the day, the last drug that I ever did was Salvia, and it changed my life forever (in an incredibly positive direction). Now, I see it being sold at gas stations and such, so it's probably legal, but seriously... treat it with respect, it's not some pussy weed substitute.
                    When you mentioned DMT earlier I was compelled to talk about it, not because I've ever taken it but I've heard some stories about how insane it is. Supposedly it's like a really intense dream, and our brain has small amounts of it naturally, for our own dreams. As soon as the drug wears off, you awake from the dream and unless you immediately write down or talk about what just happened you completely forget. Isn't DMT one of the most expensive/illegal drugs on the market?

Edit: Interesting
                    1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                    3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                    3:Best> see it coming
                    3:Best> sad

Comment

Woo Epi knows where its at. if blood didnt travel to the lungs and back to the right atrium via the pulmonary veins then we'd all be dead. Everything has to do with diffusion and partial pressure
                      the price is right, bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver View Post
                        Hilarious, but that's exactly how I felt.

Comment

You can get DMT legally from chemical distributors.

Comment

Working...
                          X