The Darkness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Darkness

Coming out june 29th for the xbox 360 and PS3. Based on the comic books of the same name, in The Darkness you play Jackie Estacado, a mafia hitman who learns on his 21st birthday that he can command the forces of darkness.

* Summoning Darklings: Estacado's main Darkness ability is the summoning of Darklings, and as such there are twenty different darkling types (kamikaze, interrogator, ceiling ninja, fetcher, and more). Essentially they are malformed hellspawn which spring from the tainted souls of the sickest, most inhuman individuals. Darklings have spindly, muscular bodies and pointed, animalistic faces with glowing eyes and wicked fangs, and serrated claws on the tips of their limbs. They attack in packs, swarming over buildings and through windows and doorways. Though they are deadly even when unarmed, these sickening beasts often carry fearsome close-combat weapons like hacksaws and pneumatic drills, ready to tear Estacado's enemies apart at close quarters. An added benefit of the Darklings is that they can draw enemy fire away from Estacado, allowing him to progress more easily through well-defended areas.

* Summoning Dark Tentacles: Dark Tentacles are huge, incredibly strong appendages which grow from Estacado's back when summoned. They can lift and throw heavy objects with ease, allowing them to smash through barricades and tear down walls to allow Estacado access to difficult-to-reach areas, and of course they have no difficulty in crushing enemy characters to a pulp. Their tough, resilient surfaces mean they can also form an effective bullet shield in front of Estacado, protecting him from harm.

* Summoning Maw Tentacles: Maw Tentacles are smaller versions of Dark Tentacles and are summoned in the same way, but are used more for close combat than moving objects. They consist of long, writhing tendrils with bulging eyes that can change color and gaping jaws filled with huge dagger-like teeth, capable of ripping through flesh and bone with ease. They can be sent snaking round doorways and through air vents, their eyes feeding pictures to Estacado's eyes like spy cameras, seeking out alternate routes and enemy strongpoints.

* Creating Black Holes: One of the more devastating Darkness abilities, this allows Estacado to open whirling vortices in realspace, pulling enemies and objects out of reality and trapping them forever in Hell itself. A single Black Hole opened in a room full of enemies can clear the area in moments, making it an excellent weapon when assaulting defended buildings.

Trailers - http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1762

I highly, highly suggest you watch the TGS 06 trailer in HD if you can, if not just watch the normal version. Most of the trailers are badass but that one is just fucking ridiculous.

Screenshots- http://thedarkness.ca/darkness_screenshots.html

Previews- http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/thedarkness/

Things to note-

-The Darkness is being made by Starbreeze, the people behind Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay

-The voice of 'the darkness' in-game is done by Mike Patton

June 29th folks, June 29th.

EDIT- Not sure about multi-player but the story is being done by the same guy who writes the comic, so it should be good.
    Last edited by Liquid Blue; 05-22-2007, 01:39 AM.
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

I was really hoping this was about the band. The game looks cool too, though.
    PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

I really don't see the point.. do you just go around slaughtering people? Is there a story?

Comment

go draw me my cartoonz
        The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
        All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

If there is an actual, cool mobster story with this "darkness" twist, it will be fun. But, if they rely purely on "look at these flashy graphics and blood" ... it might be weak.
          DELETED

Comment

black holes lead to hell?????
            jee

Comment

Didn't you see Event Horizon?

Also LB you forgot to mention
              * Summoning Dark Testicles: After brutally destroying his enemies, Estacado can call forth these huge sacs of darkness to deliver a massive teabagging of pure evil.
              USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

lol

game is going to be sick as hell though

The Darkness
                Left 4 Dead
                SSB: Brawl

summer is good
                My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell View Post
                  If there is an actual, cool mobster story with this "darkness" twist, it will be fun. But, if they rely purely on "look at these flashy graphics and blood" ... it might be weak.
                  Originally posted by Liquid Blue View Post
                  EDIT- Not sure about multi-player but the story is being done by the same guy who writes the comic, so it should be good.
                  Which means there will be a story similar to the comic, so they're not just relying on ownage graphics and gore. Learn to read :P
                  9:Basti> any1 want pw for squad BlowJob?
                  9:Inaphyt> no basti i want you to give me the password to your room so you can give me a blowjob
                  9:Basti> sure
                  9:Basti> we can take a basing duel in my bed
                  9:Inaphyt> hahahaha
                  9:Basti> i'll score
                  9:Basti> i'll ride my ship into ur cram
                  9:Basti> and take the flag
                  9:Inaphyt> ROFL
                  9:Basti> and finally lay a mine there

Comment

Working...
                  X