Tooth Sockets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tooth Sockets

I understand the problems or implications with seeking medical advise on an internet forum but I am very curious to know if anyone has gone through the same problem that i have had, which from what I'm told is HIGHLY unlikely.

I had my wisdom teeth removed about two months ago, it hurt like a bitch and I got a shit load of oxycon and percocets. I was out of it for a few days then I started to get back into my daily routine. After a day or two I started to notice that I had something sticking out my lower right jaw, I thought it might have been a stitch at first but later I found out that it was a piece of a tooth socket that was coming through my gums. Tooth sockets are attached to your gums, your tooth sits on top of the sockets. The sockets are made up of a strong bone like material that tends to die off and break itself down once the tooth is gone.

I've been to my dentist at least 5-6 times in the past month and a half, I've also been on more t3's, oxycon, percocets than a junkie. I've honestly gotten sick of pain killers, I'd rather deal with the pain than continue to swallow pills. I had to go back again today, and I think I might still have more pushing through my gums. My dentist told me that this is common in people who are older (80+) or have cancer. I don't fit in either category so I'm just curious if anyone else has had this problem.
    it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

My mom occasionally tells me about patients who have had the same problem. Although for them it took one extra visit back to their office and they were okay. Have you seen an oral surgeon? Dentists arent the greatest when it comes to serious things like this.

Comment

Yeah, I had my teeth removed by a surgeon, not the dentist.
      Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Use blue gems to add more stamina.
        Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

i had dry sockets, which were a bitch.
          and the pain killers made me sick, so i had to man it out.

sounds like you got screwed over big time though

Comment

Originally posted by MirrorriM View Post
            My mom occasionally tells me about patients who have had the same problem. Although for them it took one extra visit back to their office and they were okay. Have you seen an oral surgeon? Dentists arent the greatest when it comes to serious things like this.
            I know I'm asking a lot, but could you ask her if she's ever known someone who is around 20-25 that has had this problem? My gums are still a bit tender from yesterday but if the problem persists past this week I think I will try and see an oral surgeon. I can't keep going back to my dentist every week when another tooth shard pops through my gum.
            it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Originally posted by Scurvy View Post
              i had dry sockets, which were a bitch.
              and the pain killers made me sick, so i had to man it out.

sounds like you got screwed over big time though
              I was reading up on dry sockets as one of the potential conditions of extracting impacted teeth but I found no information on tooth sockets. I'm not sure if I initially had dry sockets, for the first week I HAD to be on pain killers it was honestly too much pain to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by Noah View Post
                Use blue gems to add more stamina.
                374 JEWELCRAFTER LF WORK. PST PLZ

Comment

So What I'm getting is that your only advice is to craft myself better teeth, that is using the type of technology that World of Warcraft has? Somehow I see this turning into a South Park episode where kyle, stan, kenny, and cartman all become so dependent on WOW that they think they can solve all their problems inside the game.

Although, if you were talking about Grills I'd be down with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cops View Post
                    So What I'm getting is that your only advice is to craft myself better teeth, that is using the type of technology that World of Warcraft has? Somehow I see this turning into a South Park episode where kyle, stan, kenny, and cartman all become so dependent on WOW that they think they can solve all their problems inside the game.

Although, if you were talking about Grills I'd be down with that.
                    Thank you for a much needed laugh at the end of a 12 hour shift. :wub:
                    Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

She has had patients in your age range, it isnt as rare as your dentist makes you think.

Comment

alright, thanks for asking. I went back again today, my mouth is frozen and I want a popsicle. Other than that, life is good.

Comment

From what I read, it seems like 10-15% of people get it, or some form of it.

There's no cure... just wait it out.
                          Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                          www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                          www.animeslice.com

Comment

Working...
                          X