brain teasers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brain teasers

if you like this sort of thing... ive got a bunch of them... though alot come form a book copyrighted in 1946... so the prices are sometimes a bit..off

but here is one.

Three boys recieved a nickle each to spend on candy, The stock offered by the candy store comprised of lollipops at 3 for a cent, chocolate bonbons at 4 for a cent, and jujubes at 5 for a cent. each boy made a different selection, but each spent his entire 5 cents and returned with jsut 20 pieces of candy. what were their selections?
    Last edited by Zeebu; 06-19-2007, 11:47 AM. Reason: sdfsadg

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
    if you like this sort of thing... ive got a bunch of them... though alot come form a book copyrighted in 1946... so the prices are sometimes a bit..off

but here is one.
    Jack Handy was sorry to have to discard last year’s license plate from his car, for the numbers made a beautiful poker hand—a full house. He was disgusted to note that on his new plate all five figures were different. To top that, he inadvertently screwed the plate on his car upside-down, with the result that he increased his registration number by 78,633 until he noticed the error.

What was the number on Mr. Handy's license plate?

he used to have the license plate: 11888 and now has the license plate: 12509...
    So if he turns the license plate upside down, he gets 90521 which equals: 11888+78633...

no harm done
    Last edited by PjOtTeR; 06-19-2007, 11:32 AM. Reason: Not spoiling it for others...
    TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
    TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
    TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
    First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

but here is one.
      Three boys recieved a nickle each to spend on candy, The stock offered by the candy store comprised of lollipops at 3 for a cent, chocolate bonbons at 4 for a cent, and jujubes at 5 for a cent. each boy made a different selection, but each spent his entire 5 cents and returned with jsut 20 pieces of candy. what were their selections?

1st one bought: 6 lollipops, 4 chocolate bonbons and 10 jujubes
      2nd one bought: 20 chocolate bonbons
      3rd on bought 3 lollipops, 12 chocolate bonbons and 5 jujubes

6+4+10=20
      3+12+5=20

Damn easy
      Last edited by PjOtTeR; 06-19-2007, 11:32 AM. Reason: not wanna spoil it for others

Comment

Originally posted by PjOtTeR View Post
        he used to have the license plate: 11888 and now has the license plate: 12509...
        So if he turns the license plate upside down, he gets 90521 which equals: 11888+78633...

no harm done
        good reasoning but nope... look into the wording more

EDITh yeah, reposting the first one that i took off

Jack Handy was sorry to have to discard last year’s license plate from his car, for the numbers made a beautiful poker hand—a full house. He was disgusted to note that on his new plate all five figures were different. To top that, he inadvertently screwed the plate on his car upside-down, with the result that he increased his registration number by 78,633 until he noticed the error.

What was the number on Mr. Handy's license plate?

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

good reasoning but nope... look into the wording more

EDITh yeah, reposting the first one that i took off
          Gah, I ment he used to have 11888 and now has 15206.. cus if you turn 90521 upside down you get 15206...

And if im wrong... pm me the solution please... cus that was Like the only way I was able to solve it... I must be dumb...

Comment

Working...
          X