X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 7 Wonders of the world chosen

The Story

Here's the website http://www.new7wonders.com/

I don't like some of these selections but meh.

especially seeing how the great pyramids of Egypt were once a wonder and now not...
    sigpic
    All good things must come to an end.

I'd want to go see some of those places, boo! =(
    (Paradise)>dj sage
    (HELLZNO!)>is he good, ive never heard his music
    1: Dynasty> LOL
    1:vue> LOL
    1:Cap> LOOL

Comment

the pyramids will always be one of the seven ancient wonders of the world.
      Originally posted by Tyson
      There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
      Originally posted by HeavenSent
      Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
      Originally posted by Izor
      Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

There are many lists of 7 wonders out there including modern & natural ones, but as Mantra said the pyramids will always be on the 7 ancient wonders list.

A couple of the new ones don't exactly fill me with 'wonder'

Comment

Acknowledges achievements of slave labor. GG

Comment

Originally posted by gran guerrero View Post
            The Story

Here's the website http://www.new7wonders.com/

I don't like some of these selections but meh.

especially seeing how the great pyramids of Egypt were once a wonder and now not...
            Actually, the Pyramids were on the list, but Egypte objected and the organisation decided to already declare them a world wonder and have you vote for 7 others. So the Pyramids are still a world wonder.

Besides, the unfairness is that some of the stuff on the list lies in countries were like 1% has internet, so they hardly stand a chance opposed to China or Italy etc.
            Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

I must be out of touch because I haven't even heard of 3 of those choices (although the Petra looks very similar to the ruins in the 3rd Indiana Jones movie). And is it me or does "Christ Redeemer" sounds like some kind of lame sword in a Christian RPG?

Comment

i prefer the 7 'natural' wonders of the world.

OR

the 7 wonders of the world (that still exsist, no babylon gardens pls)
                The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

That temple in Petra looks like where Indiana Jones found the Holy Grain. Whomever put that on the top 7 chose "wisely"
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

That IS where they filmed Indy 3.
                    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                    www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
                      That probably was the prevailing theory on their construction when you went to school Eph. Today it's widely believed that slave labour was not used.
                      Last edited by Kolar; 07-08-2007, 10:51 PM.

Comment

I totally called Machu Picchu before I clicked on the link, it's kind of sad that it's getting ruined.
                        it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar View Post
                          That probably was the prevailing theory on their construction when you went to school Eph. Today it's widely believed that slave labour was not used.
                          Hot weather, big rocks, and you have a crap load of slaves who you decide aren't fit to push big rocks in the hot sun all day? <_<
                          it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

I voted for Chichén Itzá, The Great Wall, Machu Picchu (def. going there, so fucking awesome!), Petra (wanna go here too, old gf has been there, really nice and cool place) and The Taj Mahal myself.

Kolar, find me a theory who says that there was no slave labour involved with the construction of the great wall.
                            Originally posted by Tyson
                            There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                            Originally posted by HeavenSent
                            Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                            Originally posted by Izor
                            Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
                              If I were a slave and put my entire life into building something, I'd like to see it added as a wonder of the world.
                              Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Working...
                              X