Final Fantasy Retrospective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Fantasy Retrospective

This in-depth look at the progression of the FF's from how the inspiration of FF1 came about, to how the game has evolved to what it is today about to release 13 for ps3.

Gametrailers.com developed this retrospective, and I believe they did an excellent job on the analysis. It gives you plenty of background information that you may not have known about the series that you still love today, which you may find very interesting.

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/4831.html

The series is up to its 4th video, and they seem to release on every Sunday. Don't miss next week's no matter what! They pay homage to FF7 =D
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

If you like that, check out the "Legend of Zelda Retrospective" series that does an awesome job of summarizing the storyline into a way that actually makes sense.

And yes, it appears that the games do follow a certain order.
    DELETED

Comment

aaaah, Final Fantasy VII, now there was 5 months of my life very well spent
      Jarlson of> if this game was a girl i would jerk off to it every night

nopcode> sometimes get mates round, have a few beers and play this yes
      oNe-t> YEAH
      nopcode> before going out
      funfunfun> god the fun never stops does it

MageWarrior> I'm so sexy, frog makes me lapdance for him daily

Comment

Fantastic Find
        The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
        All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

FF8 is the best. EASILY
          4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
          4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
          4:Geio> DEEZ?
          4:Geio> LOLOL
          4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
          4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
          4:spirit> LOL
          4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
          4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

This was a pretty fun series so far. Good videos.
            DELETED

Comment

Nice find. FFIX is easily the best.
              DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
              Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
              Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
              -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

I have to go with X. I found 8 to be boring, and i stopped playing REPEATEDLY because absolutly nothing was happening. My friends kept saying 'keep going until they attack the woman' (i forget, was she a queen or something? i dunno, seifer was her bodyguard and you tried to snipe her) and i said fine, played till that, was still horrifyingly bored and gave it up.

VI and X were the best. Worst is probably either I (i love what it was, but my god, it's long and redundant) X-2, which was glorified dress up, or maybe even 8.
                The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

FF VIII was the best and FF VII a close second imo
                  2:Cig Smoke> why u challengin me to a duel
                  2:Cig Smoke> When i clearly am better
                  2:Miksel> becouse you think you great
                  2:Cig Smoke> how many titles have u won
                  2:Cig Smoke> im guessin 0
                  2:Cig Smoke> thdx
                  2:Miksel> elim 3
                  2:Cig Smoke> lol elim
                  2:Morgane> LOL
                  2:Enflame> haha
                  2:Cig Smoke> IM TALKIN ABOUT TWL

Comment

This Final Fantasy Retrospective thing is really well made and exciting! Must see!
                    DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
                    Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
                    Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
                    -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

Nicely done.

Choosing one as a favorite is like a child chosen as a parent's joy - they are all unique little butterflies. I really want to play 7 again, though. The leaps may have been big from famicon to super famicon but nothing will touch the fantastic voyage into 32 bits.
                      Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
                      i just wish it was longer
                      Originally posted by Cops
                      it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

Same, I love the series and all of the innovating elements that have been added to each step in the series.

For the FFVII fans, though.... The "Compilation of Final Fantasy 7 Project" may be coming to an end soon with "Crisis Core" for the PSP. That's the new Action-RPG that will repent upon Dirge of Cerebus' mistakes and hopefully give us a nice, original story in the series.

But .. while it's the last 'announced' game in the Compilation, it's not the last game for the Compilation. Final Fantasy 7 - PS3 Special Edition anyone? Square has been a fucking cock tease with the "tech demo" that it's about time they show us what they got cooking.
                        DELETED

Comment

the only major problem with the final fantasy series, especially 7 and 8 imo, was the lack of sleep you got
                          keep sayin to your self, "ill turn it off when i find another save point", but by the time you do the stories advanced further and you want to know more

truly compelling and cheaper than drugs
                          Jarlson of> if this game was a girl i would jerk off to it every night

nopcode> sometimes get mates round, have a few beers and play this yes
                          oNe-t> YEAH
                          nopcode> before going out
                          funfunfun> god the fun never stops does it

MageWarrior> I'm so sexy, frog makes me lapdance for him daily

Comment

FF7 is up! And it doesn't disappoint =D
                            ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                            Failure teaches success.

Comment

IX is easily the best
                              TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Working...
                              X