Second Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Life

I am debating whether or not to take a Computer Science course this Fall that integrates the MMOG Second Life and I was wondering if anyone has played or plays it. It seems pretty interesting, check out secondlife.com if you've never heard of it.
    Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
    i just wish it was longer
    Originally posted by Cops
    it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Islands are priced at US$1,675 for 65,536 square meters (about 16 acres). Monthly land fees for maintenance are US$295.

:|

Comment

I must say second life is0 fucking ridiculous. If I want to meet people I'll go outside, not into some 3D world... Because that is the point of it. Our fucking government payed good money just to build a embassy in there... 40 000 € actually...

Comment

People play it for virtual prostitution, nothing more. Second life consists of thousands of sick bastards in chicks willing to blow virtual genitalia for real life convertible money.
        Celibrate
        XXX is overrated.

Comment

Some people did become millionaires from playing it.
          Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

2D space ship players get laid more.

2ndlife is beyond the word nerd. Maybe "dweep" would be appropriate. Serisoully i'd rather people played WoW than second life and everyone know how dumbass i think WoW is.

You can pretty much do everything in continuum that you can in second life and it looks prettier in continuum with less lag.
            Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
            Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Flabby View Post
              You can pretty much do everything in continuum that you can in second life and it looks prettier in continuum with less lag.
              No, you can't.

That said, Second Life is terrible.

That said, the Comp Sci course might very well be good. I wouldn't decide to take it or not to take it based solely on its inclusion of Second Life. Do you have any more details about it Cylor? Teacher, covered topics, etc.?
              Originally posted by Ward
              OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Originally posted by Ice-Demon View Post
                People play it for virtual prostitution, nothing more. Second life consists of thousands of sick bastards in chicks willing to blow virtual genitalia for real life convertible money.
                that sounds easy... i think ill sign up
                Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                apt>yes u can wtf
                apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                apt>na
                apt>ill show you pictures
                apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

Yeah, I downloaded it when it first came out, but it was waaaay to process-intensive to run on my (then) laptop.

It seems interesting, and I like the concept, but I'd never personally do it... wouldn't have the time. But if I ever had the money and the computer for it, yeah, I'd try it
                  NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

I tried it when it came out, but it was really buggy and didn't seem all that fun unless you wanted to invest monies.
                    thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Course to be offered Fall 2007

CSCI 1220 Virtual Worlds: An Introduction to Computer Science

Professor: John Bennett

MWF, 12:00PM-12:50PM

This course introduces the fundamental principles of computer science

using an on-line virtual world called Second Life as the "laboratory"

for the course. Second Life is distinguished from other MMPOG (massively

multiplayer online games) in that everything about the virtual environment

is entirely programmable. That is, a desired object is created in

Second Life by learning how to program the appearance and behavior of

that object as opposed to learning some trick or gimmick envisioned

by game creators. Students in CSCI 1220 will learn how to program by

creating objects of interest in Second Life. In-class and in-world

discussions and readings will introduce the student to important ideas

and concepts that shape the field of computer science. The course is

open to all undergraduates and assumes no prerequisites.

P.S. The new Okkervil River is a lot better than Black Sheep Boy and that album was most excellent.
                      Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
                      i just wish it was longer
                      Originally posted by Cops
                      it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

It's another "AlphaWorld".

This was popular about 5+ yrs ago. So this is another similar Virtual world.

Alphaworld did have some cool apsects to it. For people working in AutoCAD they could convert the .dwg files and import them into AW and make some nice presentations. What I saw most people use this for was a glorified IRC with avatars that will do movement functions...was kind of lame, but for some I guess it fills a void.

AW also let you rent or buy a Virtual World Server and run as well as link your work from there...has some real interesting possibilities if tied into a business website, such as Architects displaying the possibilities to a client and so on.

The idea of a possible virtual tradeshow that would always be online was something that was attempted a few yrs ago. Not sure how well it worked though, but it has many possibilities as noted...other than a jerk-off session to some idiot avatar talking dirty to you LOL
                        Last edited by 404 Not Found; 08-15-2007, 02:34 PM.
                        May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

This pretty much sums up Second Life:

The individual attached a script to ... that would ... uh.

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
                            Some people did become millionaires from playing it.
                            this is how America got all its immigrants
                            jee

Comment

Working...
                            X