Hacking the planet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacking the planet

For some reason I actually think this helps me.

Note the ships hanging out in some places. Since I am an internet spaceship box, may as well come to terms with the fact, even if it makes it that much harder to suspend disbelief. http://h1.ripway.com/dugwyler/hitboxships.zip

i've seen hz people with ball proximity boxes around their ships
    USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

If you do that to the ships, you might as well do it to the bullets and bombs too, right? Not at home now but I have a pretty neat sollution

Instead of boxes, you might try just a dot in each corner of the ship gfx, à la http://www.subspacedownloads.com/ind...t=file&fid=985
      5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
      5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
      5: Da1andonly> =((
      5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
      5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
      5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

You know, I tried the dots at first, but found they were far less effective at conveying the overall idea of the ship as a box. I also made the mistake of placing those dots in the far corners just as in the link you gave -- the actual area that can be hit, as opposed to what's represented in ships.bm2, is a good bit smaller. And admittedly I'm a sucker for the red dot pointing to where the shot will fire.

Comment

I used to do that like 8 years ago when I first started TW, but it got annoying. I used to use these big square bullets for a while, but then they got too ugly, so I made them into big bullets (but round) which I still use today.
          Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
          www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
          www.animeslice.com

Comment

All my modifications are to make the game look better, no cheats thx =).

I remember one lonely night on pirates with exq, we plowed through subspacedownloads.com and just tried everything. Good times.
            ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
            Failure teaches success.

Comment

I have always had small bullets.. I have circles around mines and bombs though.
              Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

I got red dots around my ship! I also use the aim enchanter thingy!

Comment

Working...
                X