Call of Duty 4: Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call of Duty 4: Beta

Beta will be on the Xbox 360. I'm not sure if there will also be a PC beta or a PS3 beta. But, I know the 360 is in, at least. If you want in, get ready at www.charlieoscardelta.com. It should be getting unlocked around the 21st to 24th.

Make an account, talk on the forums, do some "missions", and get ready. I do know that to get a Beta pass you will have to pass a test to know if you actually know about the game. Should be just some dumb questions to separate people who know nothing and just beta whore to the people who are actually into the game.
    DELETED

Well, my date range was off by a day. Today, the 25th, the beta begins. I dunno when it ends, but I just got my invite today. Yaaay.
    DELETED

Comment

Alright, I maxed out my profile already. The multiplayer is pretty tight and I love the bonuses it gives you for successfully killing players without dying.

3 kills in a row - UAV Radar lets you see all opponents on radar for 30 seconds.
      5 kills in a row - Call in a surgical air strike to any location on the field
      7 kills in a row - Call in helicopter support. It'll circle the arena for 30 seconds laying down suppressing fire to anyone that comes within it's range. You can't control it, and it can be shot down by RPGs and gunfire.

The 'perks' your character gets going into combat also play a cool role in how you play. You can get a perk of "2x RPG" to give you two RPG rounds every life. or "2x C4" to get two satchels of C4 to place anywhere and set off remotely for traps. Then you get abilities like "Juggernaut" that gives you 2x health. "High Impact" which makes your bullets do more damage. "Deep Penetration" that lets you fire through walls with ease and no damage degradation. A personal favorite of mine is "Last Stand" which, upon dying you fall to the ground, pull out your pistol, and can fire off a few pot shots before bleeding out or being shot once more. You can, if you're lucky, finish off your attacker before he takes you.

The Three maps you play are very varied in how they are played, the tactics involved and the locations. Eastern European Forest (very Call of Duty 1-3 like), Middle Eastern City, and an abandoned Russian installation.

The 'leveling' system and the XP are cool which give you real rewards for leveling up. Such as making clans, new, better guns and attachments. You also have challenges to accomplish as you play online. They don't have to be completed in one round, just as you play online you'll eventually get it done. Like "Kill 25 enemies with [this weapon". Then you get a special scope attachment for it in "Create a Class". Or you can have "Call in your first air strike" for 50 XP point bonus.

All in all, this is a pretty kickass game, it's just a shame that it has to come so soon to Halo 3. It'll be forgotten on the Xbox 360, but I'm sure PS3 and PC owners will eat it up. Not like there's anything else good to play on the PS3 anyways .... ZING! (Just don't know how you all are gonna communicate on that without microphones. I don't think your SOCOM headsets will work on this.)
      DELETED

Comment

Working...
      X