Final Fantasy Tactics (PSP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Fantasy Tactics (PSP)

There are these events where you do a Co-Op raid with your party and a friend's party (two people, Ad Hoc) to complete a quest to get some high level equipment and money. My friends with PSPs don't like RPGs, so if anyone out there wants to partner up over the net on it, lemme know. I wouldn't try it til you're in Chapter 4, though. It's more end-game stuff. I'm just starting Chapter 3 myself after I finish this boss fight.
    DELETED

is it any different (FFT) than the PS version? I ask because FF1 was wayyyyyy different (better)
    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

The only thing that's changed is they added two high level classes - the Onion Knight and Dark Knight. Also there are a couple extra battles and two extra, secret characters in the end game. That's on top of the Co-Op and Versus modes that I mentioned before. And lastly they fixed some of the translations in the dialogue that makes it easier to follow the story.
      DELETED

Comment

Fuck that shit, they changed up some names

They changed Algus

Algus of all people. What is he now, Algranth or some shit? It's fucking disgraceful to my dear FFT :fear:
        My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

why would they change his name?!

All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Because they like to rape my childhood, that's why.
            My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Apparently it was to match with certain names in Final Fantasy Advanced and 12, because it's now part of the "Ivalice Alliance" Series in Final Fantasy. The timeline goes like this...

1.) Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced (GBA)
              2.) Final Fantasy 12 (PS2)
              3.) Final Fantasy 12: Revenant Wings (DS) (unreleased RTS RPG game)
              4.) Final Fantasy Tactics Advanded 2 (DS) (unreleased turn based RPG game)
              5.) Final Fantasy Tactics (PSP/PSX)

Ivalice was originally created in Final Fantasy Tactics for the Playstation 1. Little did they know they'd revisit the place in an updated fashion in Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced for the Game Boy Advanced. After that game a lot of the places were renamed and the maps redrawn and new characters and races introduced. From there, Final Fantasy 12 was born which I believe is in the Future from Advanced being that your Moogle Friend from Advanced is now in 12 as a big shot in the world of competitive Bounty Hunting, while he was just starting out in Advanced. That's right, the clan you made in Advanced is presumably the one you would rejoin as Vaan in Final Fantasy 12.

Revenant Wings is coming out for the DS which is going to be sort of like an RTS game, but in an RPG format following a lot of the story arc after FF12 and using lots of touch-screen stuff to command Vaan's party on the battlefield. Should be a direct sequel to the end of 12 which would make it right after FF12 on the list.

Moving on to, Final Fantasy Advanced 2, it's going to be taking place sometime closely after the events of FF12, but a lot of the story is still unknown at this point. Expect another turn-based RPG that is very FFTA-like, but no more snowball battles, I believe.

And lastly, our classic favorite, Final Fantasy Tactics is the original game, but takes place at the end of all of this (you may argue the beginning, too). I can argue either way based on one single character's words in Final Fantasy Tactics (PSP/PSX). Later on, you meet this "Machinist"-class character who carries a pistol (signature weapon of that class). Later on when you ask him about it he says that under the ground there are tons of old, archaic pieces of machinery, entire cities of them. Also he states that in the past "airships used to fill the sky". That is a very real sounding statement that would go back to Final Fantasy 12's multitude of airships and mechanical things in that world. Now, if you go on that, you must conclude that Final Fantasy Tactics (PSP/PSX) takes place many, many years after the adventures of Vaan and Penelo in Final Fantasy 12 and is the ending to the "Ivalice Alliance" Series.

So, in closing, did they rape your childhood? No. Did they "ruin" FFT? No. They simply created a world far larger in scope than we realize with more mythology in the background that makes it much more interesting of a place since we've been to Midgar in Final Fantasy 7, The Gardens of Final Fantasy 8, or back to the ruined world of Final Fantasy 6.
              DELETED

Comment

No, they raped my childhood.

FFTA was unbalanced and had a poor storyline, and FF12 (although fun to play), had a mediocre storyline with a few enjoyable characters. Instead of trying to tie a few mediocre games (FFTA, FF12) to a great game (FFT), they just need to go off on seperate ideas and keep the games seperate. I don't need to know that Vaan is the great great great grandfather of some faggot you kill in FFT, keep that shit apart. I don't care if they're trying to sell PSP's, his name is Algus and I don't need or want two extra classes and some anime cutscenes. I want original games, original games that don't tie into past successes. No more FFVII-18:Tifa's Got Breast Cancer, or FFT Advanced 3rd Strike: Seriously Delita is a Shemale!!- Just some original stories in some original universes.

Move the fuck on and get creative again.

Comment

Dude, chill. It's an alternate name spelling.
                  DELETED

Comment

Algus is still a bastard, i'm glad his family is disgraced.

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell View Post
                      Dude, chill. It's an alternate name spelling.
                      Changing the names of important characters of an old game in a supposed "remastered" addition is silly. That's like Square releasing a "remastered" edition of Final Fantasy 7 where Cloud is now named Teddy and Sephiroth is JoJo from Queens. I don't have nerd rage over this, but it is stupid enough to make me badmouth the port whenever I see talk about it.

It's Algus for pete sakes, Algus. Let's change Cid to Billy Bob Thorton while we're at it.

Comment

Actually, I'd like to go back onto my timeline and say that it's still 100% certain, except if it weren't for this slight problem. Balthier from Final Fantasy 12 is a secret character for Final Fantasy Tactics (PSP Version). This wouldn't make much logical sense, but due to the fact that he's only a "secret" character, much like Cloud from Final Fantasy 7, it shouldn't make much of a difference.
                        DELETED

Comment

I know this is off topic Dameon, but if you haven't played Portal yet you need to

it's fucking :wub: in a can

and GlaDOS, the computer

she promises you that you get cake at the end of the tests

cake :grin:

Comment

I need some money first, lol. I'll be picking it up for my 360 since my PC is garbage these days.
                            DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell View Post
                              Apparently it was to match with certain names in Final Fantasy Advanced and 12, because it's now part of the "Ivalice Alliance" Series in Final Fantasy. The timeline goes like this...

1.) Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced (GBA)
                              This is pretty fun. I'm playing it right now.
                              thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Working...
                              X