Guitar Hero 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Hero 3

Even better than before. I was worried that without the Harmonix team the game would suffer. But, I think that because this work was done by former fans who happen to be game makers (Neversoft), it really improved the game.

My favourite addition so far is the new "Battle Mode". In GH2, your option for multiplayer was to out-score the other guy in different or the same difficulties. While that has stayed, this new battle mode really gives this game the randomness of a Mario Kart or Smash Bros. game. Instead of using "star power" you'll be gaining "battle power". You can stack up to 3 of them in your queue and when you lift your guitar you can attack your opponent with a 'broken string', where you have to press a button quickly to repair or else all those keys there won't work, or 'whammy' where all your keys won't work until you pull them back down with the whammy bar. And the one that screws me up the most is the "lefty flip" Where it turns your keys around so it's Orange, Blue, Yellow, Red, Green. So, you better learn your left hand as well.

The career mode is back and it has a bit of a story to it. Nothing amazing, but something to string your career along to make it something. That is until you get to the end. The final battle is against the Devil. The demon of rock .... his name is 'Lou'. Anyways, you battle Lou to a song that ... well, it's just perfect. "The Devil Went Down to Georgia". And when you finish him off to the end of the song giving in the final licks. It's just fun. I love the battle, I just wish the song was playable in a non-battle format. I might of just missed it when I was looking around.

Anyways, all in all, awesome game, great track selection: Metallica's "One", Iron Maiden's "Paranoid", "Black Magic Woman" by Santana, and the aforementioned "Devil Went Down to Georgia" rock mix. The online should keep it going for some time with downloadable tracks on top of the addictive leaderboard structure and www.guitarhero.com. (Make sure to pick up your "VIP Code" under your Online Section with the "GuitarHero.com" option.)

Angell Rating: 9/10 (Excellent)

Pros:
    Strong Song List with Original Masters for most
    New "Battle Mode"
    Beautiful HD Graphics
    Fighting the Devil in "The Devil Went Down to Georgia"

Cons:
    Online seems to be overcrowded and prone to lag and bad connects.
    The site isn't connecting up properly, yet. VIP Codes not accepting for all.
    Some songs can only played in Co-Op/2 Player
    The Beautiful Graphics distract me :/
    DELETED

I'm a huge fan of the Guitar Hero series.

Hoping to play this one as well.
    Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

I can't wait. My boyfriend and I are splitting the cost and getting it for our birthday.
      Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
      1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
      1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
      1:Chao <ER>> at all
      1:Mantra-Slider> chao
      1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
      Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
      Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Geeeetar Heeeero Threeee Rocks

I got it yesterday and played it for a couple hours.

\m/

Comment

I think it's dumb that they changed the object of the game from "how awesome are you?" to "how badly can you make your friend look?" in the multi-player. Your goal in multi-player is to make your opponent fail, not make yourself a "guitar hero" like in the previous two.

Overall though it's just another Guitar Hero game, nothing new, nothing special but still a lot of fun. The only people giving Guitar Hero such great ratings/reviews (after the first one) are fan-boys. I'm a big fan of the Guitar Hero games too, I just feel like the developers are slacking and ripping us off. Add something new other than songs... PLEASE.

And where the fuck is the wireless cowbell!
          (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

i suck too bad at these games to really enjoy them. people i know only play them either by themselves or when theyre getting fucked up, and it sucks to learn when youre drunk or whatever, so i've never picked it up. i always forget that you can hold notes down and that you can strum in both directions. shit is hard.

the online shit seems really badly organized, though. i was watching my friend play (who as far as im concerned is some kind of prodigy) and he'd either get opponents who literally got 100% of the notes right and he'd lose, or he'd get some complete struggler and win every time. they don't seem to do a good job of matching you up with people at a similar skill level.
            5:gen> man
            5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

1.) Kontrolz - Co-Op and Shred Off modes are still there
              2.) Facetious - The game just launched so all the "Truskill" rankings start at 0. It'll take a few for people to bubble to the top.
              DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Pandagirl! View Post
                I can't wait. My boyfriend and I are splitting the cost and getting it for our birthday.
                "our"? o_O
                Originally posted by paradise!
                pretty sure the flu is just bacteria found everywhere, just during the winter our immune systems are at its lowest, thus the bacteria aren't exactly killed off.
                1:Reaver> HALP
                1:Reaver> HELELP
                1:Reaver> SAW CRANS MOM NAKED
                1:Reaver> HELP YOU DUMB FUCKS

Comment

Mine's coming in a few days -- I'm poor, I had to get the cheap shipping.
                  Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                  sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

here I am! rock you like a hurricane!
                    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                    Failure teaches success.
                    . â–²
                    ▲ ▲

Comment

I'll be waiting for Rock Band.

Yes bitches...Rock Band comes out at the end of the month, and you should buy it instead.
                      Originally posted by Tone
                      Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Originally posted by Salubrious View Post
                        "our"? o_O
                        We have the same birthday so we're getting mutual gifts for each other that we will both enjoy lol.
                        Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                        1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
                        1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
                        1:Chao <ER>> at all
                        1:Mantra-Slider> chao
                        1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
                        Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
                        Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Originally posted by Squeezer View Post
                          I'll be waiting for Rock Band.

Yes bitches...Rock Band comes out at the end of the month, and you should buy it instead.
                          if i were coordinated enough to play either of these games i'd definitely go for rock band.
                          Originally posted by turmio
                          jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                          Originally posted by grand
                          I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

If someone wants to link up with me to get some Co-Op Achievements, my GamerTag is "Dameon Angell" Hit me up via Xbox Live Message or in SS.
                            DELETED

Comment

Working...
                            X