NBC Writer's strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBC Writer's strike

A casual aquaintence of mine (who's credibility is questionable) just told me that there has been a writer's strike, and consequently, The Office (among other shows) will no longer be airing.

I immediately dismissed this, obviously somebody from nbc would have informed me personally if this was the case. but she seems pretty damn insistent, and she's not somebody who would lie about something like this for shits and giggles. i couldnt find anything after a quick google search--has anybody else heard about this?
    Last edited by Scurvy; 11-13-2007, 10:21 PM.

It's not just NBC/The Office that are affected.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Wr...America_strike
    USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
    ---A few minutes later---
    9:cool koen> you scorereseted
    9:Kim> UM
    9:Kim> i didn't
    9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
    9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
    9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
    9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Originally posted by Scurvy View Post
      A casual aquaintence of mine (who's credibility is questionable) just told me that there has been a writer's strike, and consequently, The Office (among other shows) will no longer be airing.

I immediately dismissed this, obviously somebody from nbc would have informed me personally if this was the case. but she seems pretty damn consistent, and she's not somebody who would lie about something like this for shits and giggles. i couldnt find anything after a quick google search--has anybody else heard about this?
      It's just that the shows will be airing reruns for the affected shows until it ends- and there are rumors it might last longer than the 5 month strike back in 1988 or whenever it was.
      help: (qg) (javs): i think my isp is stealing internet from me.

What's the difference between chopping an onion and chopping a baby? I cry when I chop onions. Type ?go Jav -Chao <ER>
      MegamanEXE> Chao
      MegamanEXE> I came from watching Hockey to say this
      (Sefarius)> ....
      (Hate The Fake)> LOL
      MegamanEXE> You are sick
      MegamanEXE> Good day

Comment

well the office is the only show i watch. this weeks is the last produced script, so that will be the last episode to air until the the strike is over, i guess. and i have all the previous ones already....fuck.

Comment

well the office is the only show i watch. this weeks is the last produced script, so that will be the last episode to air until the the strike is over, i guess. and i have all the previous ones already....fuck.
          Now is the perfect time to pick up a show that you haven't watched. Like Arrested Development?

Comment

Originally posted by Sufficient View Post
            Now is the perfect time to pick up a show that you haven't watched. Like Arrested Development?
            just finished the entire series on dvd. amazing.

Comment

Time to realize that there's more to life than what's on tv?
              Celibrate
              XXX is overrated.

Comment

It's been said, but it's a Writers Guild of America strike. It affects a wide range of television programming, especially shows that haven't started their seasons yet because all the scripts might not have been written yet and they'd have to just STOP in the middle of the run. Also late night stuff like Conan. I've already seen him interview Daniel Radcliffe twice, as if he was that amazing.

Edit: There's also a Stagehands strike, but this applies to most Broadway shows in NYC. They're not really connected besides the fact that they're both strikes.
                thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Originally posted by Ayano View Post
                  Time to realize that there's more to life than what's on tv?
                  this coming from a dude with a LOTR avatar.

Comment

this coming from a dude with a LOTR avatar.
                    roflcopter
                    Celibrate
                    XXX is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayano View Post
                      roflcopter
                      this coming from a dude who replies to a post within 3 minutes

Comment

this has been on national news every day for days and days, on all radio stations, all TV stations, every news paper, and constantly shoved down our throats, but you start a thread asking if anyone's heard of it

Comment

this coming from a dude who replies to a post within 3 minutes
                          And responds with "roflcopter."

Comment

i'm pretty surprised you couldn't find anything about it on google. i had known about this for a week or so and when i went to find more information about it it took me about a minute on wikipedia. coincidentally i was about to make a thread about this earlier tonight but got sidetracked with studying.

the effects this'll have could be pretty big. considering the screen actor's guild and the director's guild contracts are ending in july 2008, if the writers hold out until then there could potentially be a complete standstill. i sure as fuck hope not, for one, because i rather enjoy tv and movies. the fact that they'll just be shoving re-runs down our throats and the possibility of more reality tv shows kills me. i sincerely hope they reach an agreement as soon as possible. the scrubs' series finale potentially might not be aired on tv, that sucks. as for the office, i've heard that there's the possibility of bringing in the british version. i also heard there's the possibility of bringing in british writers.
                            Originally posted by turmio
                            jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                            Originally posted by grand
                            I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Don't quote me on this but I heard that both sides of the conflict aren't buckling down at all and that there is a strong chance that it can last as long as 2009.

Comment

Working...
                              X