What about books??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sufficient View Post
    Did I ever tell you about the Ender's Game movie Scurvy? I dunno if it still is in the works but at one point it was.
    no i never heard about that. i'm not sure they could pull that off....interesting though

Comment

i just read Nietzsche's "Die fröhliche Wissenschaft", dont know what it is called in englisch. A fun read.

Comment

Dean Koontz with The Taking.

Pretty awesome book, I had to look up on wikipedia to determine a genre.

Genre(s) Suspense, Mystery, Horror novel.

My friend has read more Dean Koontz than me, and he loves it. Check it out.
        Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Did you ever finnish The Great Shark Hunt, Zerz?

I read Crime and Punnishment in english once and it was quite interesting. Not much of a good story or happy ending tho.

Reading Jack Kerouac On the road right now!

Comment

Originally posted by Emaho View Post
            Did you ever finish The Great Shark Hunt, Zerz?

I read Crime and Punishment in English once and it was quite interesting. Not much of a good story or happy ending tho.

Reading Jack Kerouac On the road right now!
            Yes I did finish the Great shark hunt, all the Gonzo Papers actually.

Crime and Punishment has a nice thought, but I don't think the theory is true.

It is funny to see how history is repeating through books of different times, and how little most societies and cultures differ.

I am probably going to find myself a book of Chechov, Joyce and Scott Card then, and the art of war.

Maybe I will try the sci-fi later, I read a German sci-fi book last month, as well as de Kapellekensbaan a Belgian political book from 1950's by Louis Paul Boon and 'Everything is illuminated' by Jonathan Safran Foer.
            You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Harry Potter anyoen??? :sorcerer:
              Regency> not in for dd lol
              Regency> would rather eat some cock ;<

Comment

If you want a fun action/adventure book with some history thrown in read anything by Clive Cussler. I've read a ton of his books

Comment

If any of you have enjoyed Dune, I'd highy recomend the "A Requiem for Homo Sapiens" series by David Zindell.
                  Celibrate
                  XXX is overrated.

Comment

I Am Legend. Great book thus far.
                    Originally posted by Tone
                    Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

I'm sure it's not a surprise to anyone that I read a lot of fantasy. Some of the best series include:

DragonLance - Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman are the main authors

Over 120 books in total, but the first 6, Chronicles and Legends, are the best.

ForgottenRealms - R.A. Salvatore is the main author

Maybe 40-50 books in total, The Dark Elf Trilogy which is 13 books long and The Sellswords sweries which is 3 books long are both amazing.

Song of Fire & Ice - George R.R. Martin

Currently at book 4 of a planned 6-7 book series. The latest book A Feast for Crows was on the best sellers list for quite a while.

Shannara series - Terry Brooks

Sword of Trurth series - Terry Goodkind

Comment

Originally posted by Eric is God View Post
                        Song of Fire & Ice - George R.R. Martin

Currently at book 4 of a planned 6-7 book series. The latest book A Feast for Crows was on the best sellers list for quite a while.

i'm a fan

Comment

Originally posted by Eric is God View Post
                          I'm sure it's not a surprise to anyone that I read a lot of fantasy. Some of the best series include:

DragonLance - Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman are the main authors

Over 120 books in total, but the first 6, Chronicles and Legends, are the best.
                          I loved DragonLance... for a while. I started off reading those books with short stories in them. 30 page stories, or whatever. Dragons of Krynn, Dragons of Chaos, etc. Then I read Chronicals. The last one was the best Dragons of Summer of Flame. These "Dragons of..." titles aren't really a theme to all of DragonLance, just happened to be the ones I read. Weis/Hickman were great, especially in Chronicals.

Anyway, after I read those, I tried getting into some other story lines, charactors, authors and I hated them all and eventually fell out of love with Weis and Hickman as well. Now I intentionally avoid anything related to them or DragonLance, although I do re-read chronicals from time to time. Well, rarely, but I have re-read it. haha.

I just got back into trying to read a little more. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley was my favorite so far. It's regarded fairly well so if you haven't read that, I'd consider it.

So...

Brave New World, Aldous Huxley

I second DragonLance, just read the Chronicals though.
                          Spider
                          Formerly EEK! A Spider!
                          Former TW Moderator, still an all around nice guy

Comment

armor by john steakley was pretty good for another sci fi book. read it if you like ender's game

the song of ice and fire series is good. the sword of truth and wheel of time series are both alright i spose... theyre similar in many ways and both are incredibly long. i think im about halfway through both and confuse them often. but salright

a hilariously hilarious read was 'the illuminatus! trilogy' read that and try not to laugh at most of it. yyyep

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

infinite jest by david foster wallace
                              the new york trilogy by paul auster
                              labryinths by jorge luis borges
                              niels lyhne by jens peter jacobsen
                              the collected stories of amy hempel

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                                armor by john steakley was pretty good for another sci fi book. read it if you like ender's game

the song of ice and fire series is good. the sword of truth and wheel of time series are both alright i spose... theyre similar in many ways and both are incredibly long. i think im about halfway through both and confuse them often. but salright

a hilariously hilarious read was 'the illuminatus! trilogy' read that and try not to laugh at most of it. yyyep

didnt' the author of wheel of time die in the middle of the last book?

Comment

Working...
                                X