No announcement yet.

Let's Talk About Ron Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you phrase that in the form of a YouTube link, please?
    Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeavenSent View Post
      There are 3 types of people in the world now:
      1. The deceivers
      2. The deceived
      3. The Rebels
      STORM TROOPERS!
      it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

• Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd View Post
        Can you phrase that in the form of a YouTube link, please?
        ConcreteSchlyrd a prison of urban schools
        obviously children suffer when parents are seeking jewels
        needs become primal
        careful behavior is survival
        reexamination justifies purpose in life
        eluding it will only lead to strife
        topical studies sharpen awareness
        evidence ignored is just careless
        Showing respect can get you far
        contemptuous attitudes deepens scars
        harkening the experience
        leaving the ignorance
        y'all do the right thing
        really give it a lot of thought
        distracted by the sting leaves the cure for naught

Comment

• STOP AVOIDING ME
          Originally posted by Jeenyuss
          sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

• Not that I believe everything tone or heavensent have to say, but that would be pretty crazy if something came up around the time president Bush was about to leave office where he declared an emergency of some sorts and stayed in power... Or did anything really to stay in power

Quote from Kolar "I think he argues for state rights so much because he knows 90% of them would pass laws in line with his idealogical views, but not so friendly to a free and open society."

Think what you like, but he's claimed to be a strict constitutionalist and he's voted every time in congress against everything unconstitutional and for everything constitutional. He's also been a strict constitutionalist in times where it wasn't as favorable for increasing votes for himself, but I guess we won't look at it from that angle because that would be silly.

Quote from DotheFandago "Guys, can anyone answer that?
            Why is a man, so pent up on exposing the hypocrisy and lying in Politics when he himself is full of shit.

He doesn't support legalization of drugs, but certainly likes to sound like he does. He supports personal liberties, but certainly doesn't care if States take them away -- It's not his job to tell them not to, duh. He basically has an entire forum dedicated to making people "believers". Believes in strict Constitutionalism but also has his personal beliefs as an OB/GYN lead him to be Pro-Life and has that affect his political stance."

Wait...so he doesn't support legalization of drugs, but certainly likes to sound like he does...You're going to have to cite references and be more specific.

How do you make the baseless claim that he doesn't care if states take them away without any references? He's never made any claims like that as far as I know, and I've looked. He's for states holding more power and federal government holding less. It makes sense to me, instead of a federal government applying laws to a much larger group of people, thereby ignoring more specific needs of different states, he's letting certain things up to the state so that they can better cater to the states needs.

"Believes in strict Constitutionalism but also has his personal beliefs as an OB/GYN lead him to be Pro-Life and has that affect his political stance.""

Are you trying to say he's human? What's the point here, that he leans one way or another through personal experience...guess that's better than leaning one way or the other because some lobbyist took you out to dinner a couple of times and slipped you some cash.

I'm not going to sit here and defend Ron Paul, especially with baseless claims like these, unless you take the time to actually make some points and back them up with facts. Why should I waste my time if you don't put any in.

People miss this over and over again. Go back to before Bush was president, look at what he was saying. He was telling the nation we need to stop being so involved over sea's and less involved in "nation building" and he completely flip flopped while in power. What good is anything a candidate says or plan to do if they can't be trusted to do as they say.

Oh and what's up with the video spam heavensent.
            1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
            3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
            3:Best> see it coming
            3:Best> sad

Comment

• So I watched this video of 'preparing for martial law' and it just looked like the army had set up shop in some neighborhood practicing all their procedures for when they take occupy a town..I dont get why thats so bad, outside of the fact that a few peoples days are being interrupted. Would you rather our troops be less prepared?
              OBama/Biden 08

Comment

• He raps now too?
                Originally posted by Tone
                Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

• Originally posted by Soul Survivor View Post
                  So I watched this video of 'preparing for martial law' and it just looked like the army had set up shop in some neighborhood practicing all their procedures for when they take occupy a town..I dont get why thats so bad, outside of the fact that a few peoples days are being interrupted. Would you rather our troops be less prepared?
                  Originally posted by Reaver View Post
                  Oh and what's up with the video spam heavensent.
                  When I saw those videos I was absolutely outraged. Our constitutional rights during those times (in the videos) were completely thrown out the window, with no regard for anyone's right to privacy among other rights.

In the video surrounding the aftermath of Katrina, troops were storming into people's homes whether they were home or not to search whether they had any weapons at all. ..And this was done in neighborhoods that were not damaged by the storm... that were in 'well to do' communities. So this is what we have to look forward to from now on in cases of national disasters? or cases of social crisis?

In another video, during the 2004 Republican National Convention in NYC, there was 20,000 police overseeing the event. People were being arrested left and right for just being in the streets speaking their mind. Cops were telling people that if they didn't clear the streets by 11:30 pm, they would be arrested. The media reported that few were arrested but they didn't mention the couple thousand people that were detained and thrown into an old bus depot full of automotive oil on the floor along with asbestos and other dangerous materials. They kept those people inside in plastic restraints for at least 24 hours, without reading them their Miranda rights or giving them an opportunity to call someone. Many became sick from the conditions.

In the training for marshal law videos, whole law abiding communities, for no reason at all other than 'practice' for troops were sectioned off. Troops had no problems breaking into homes (whether anyone was home or not) and cars (most of these cars were just parked in their driveway) doing searches at their own discretion and confiscating whatever they wanted - no questions asked.

This is America damnit!

Wake the fuck up people! We have been invaded and taken over by fascist rulers! Our constitution has already been destroyed. What's left of it is only an illusion. If we wait for the shit to hit the fan, it's going to be too late. They've already had their practice on what to do with those who don't comply.

The videos, in my opinion speak much louder than words possibly can. Seeing someone's constitutional rights being completely ignored & abused just absolutely infuriates the hell out of me.

Another case in point is the kid at the university of Florida tasered for asking the wrong question and standing up for his right to know why he was being apprehended. Sen. Kerry had no problem with the kid. He wanted to answer his question. Many present documented the incident on video. So just googling it brings up many angles to watch. Several have made commentary videos expressing their disgust. The 'media' played it off like the kid deserved it. Outrageous! Absolutely outrageous!

God ain't gonna help us on this one! We have to help ourselves... and the sad truth is, like so many here on this forum, do not give a rat's ass... right now. When it does finally hit home, it's going to be too friggin' late. :bye2:
                  Mad as Hell
                  Last edited by HeavenSent; 12-07-2007, 06:06 AM.

Comment

• You fucking asshole, listen to me.

Unless you read my shit and answer my fucking question, your babbling nonsense about this fucknugget doesn't mean shit. How am I suppose to take you, of all people, seriously?

So, I ask you again, how does giving States the ability to remove the right to choose or for gay people to get married coincide with being an advocate for personal freedoms? How?!
                    sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

• He's high every time he posts, he has the attention span of a 2 year old, give it up, you don't have to win (you already have).

Comment

• While police should not be given the option to use a taser in a pain compliance capacity the actions of the police in the "Don’t Tase me bro" video were found to be justified after the fact.

You don't cite anything by posting a video, personal youtube videos are pieces of media that can be subjective they can be misleading and most of all they don't ever in my experience cite any sources. Nothing can be taken at face value especially on the internet. Just because someone has figured out Final cut, Adobe premier, youtube or has a static html web page doesn't mean that their shit is worth looking at or is even slightly correct. Factual events require citation and sourcing and independent analysis. You, Tone and a lot of others would do a lot better on this forum if you understood that and toned it down on the sensationalism a bit.

I think Naomi Wolf said it best, when a society becomes closed and restricted chaos doesn't ensue. Rather when freedom dies life still goes on.

"In every closing society, at a certain point there are some high-profile arrests - usually of opposition leaders, clergy and journalists. Then everything goes quiet. After those arrests, there are still newspapers, courts, TV and radio, and the facades of a civil society. There just isn't real dissent. There just isn't freedom. If you look at history, just before those arrests is where we are now."

--> Just found this on digg front page
                        Last edited by Kolar; 12-07-2007, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• this deserves to be closed about 36 hours ago
                          it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

• Ron Paul raises a record breaking 6 million dollars in one day!

http://wrongpolicy.blogspot.com/2007...oney-bomb.html
                            These aren't political pledges, these are credit card receipts!
                            B)

Comment

• I saw a Ron Paul bumper sticker the other day and giggled.
                              Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                              1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
                              1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
                              1:Chao <ER>> at all
                              1:Mantra-Slider> chao
                              1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
                              Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
                              Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

• this man is just like every other politician. power hungry and money thirsting. you guys just don't see it because you have the veil over your eyessss.
                                <_<

Comment

Working...
                                X