No announcement yet.

Let's Talk About Ron Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Past President's off the top off my head (I saw Nickanme tried it, and I only caught Nixon but I knew he was a former President)

Ford (Thank you Simpons)
    Washington
    Jefferson
    Bush
    Bush II
    Regan
    Nixon
    Clinton
    Carter
    Lincoln

Canada's PMs, PM stands for Prime Minister Izor, we don't have a President

Trudeau
    Chretien
    Harper
    Mulroney
    Martin
    Lester B. Pearson
    John. A Macdonald
    it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

• Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
      there is this thing in the constitution called the bill of rights, its like the most important part of what america is. our current president and other potential nominees think its in our best interest to do away with this dated document in light of how scary terrorists are, some others like paul think its possible to keep it and still be as safe as can be. so when we say he supports the constitution and bush doesn't, we're mostly talking about that. the patriot act eliminates the bill of rights if you are deemed an enemy combatant.
      Yep. The Bill of Rights died with Habeas Corpus :bye2:
      The Constitution now is just an illusion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reaver View Post
        Hello? What you're implying is that there hasn't been any unconstitutional laws passed and no current politicians have voted against anything constitutional. Patriot act anyone?
        It doesn't agree with whatever your definition of 'constitutional' is. But if it were so blatantly unconstitutional, the supreme court would have struck it down by now or will be soon, as basically every rights group would be running court cases to overturn the law. It's a stupid law yes, but I trust supreme court justices to know much more about US constitutional law than either you or me.

Besides other candidates don't support the Patriot Act either, so singling out Paul as the single guy who is 'for the constitution' is pretty silly. As silly as voting for someone because they are 'stronger' or 'more patriotic' or 'better looking' than someone else.
        Last edited by Epinephrine; 12-22-2007, 03:19 AM.
        Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
        www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
        www.animeslice.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Epinephrine View Post
          It doesn't agree with whatever your definition of 'constitutional' is. But if it were so blatantly unconstitutional, the supreme court would have struck it down by now or will be soon, as basically every rights group would be running court cases to overturn the law. It's a stupid law yes, but I trust supreme court justices to know much more about US constitutional law than either you or me.

Besides other candidates don't support the Patriot Act either, so singling out Paul as the single guy who is 'for the constitution' is pretty silly. As silly as voting for someone because they are 'stronger' or 'more patriotic' or 'better looking' than someone else.
          Laws have been passed and later taken away that were deemed unconstitutional. So unconstitutional laws have been passed, just later repealed.

I expect supreme court justices to know more than you or I (at least at this point in time) on the matter as well, but like everyone else, they're human.

Other candidates do support the patriot act, not all of them, but some of them.

I agree with Ron Paul on more than the constitution. I've never implied that I'm voting for Ron Paul just because he's a constitutionalist. In fact I'd encourage people to look at the bigger picture and always advise against straight party voting.
          1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
          3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
          3:Best> see it coming
          3:Best> sad

Comment

It doesn't agree with whatever your definition of 'constitutional' is. But if it were so blatantly unconstitutional, the supreme court would have struck it down by now or will be soon, as basically every rights group would be running court cases to overturn the law.
            I think you're entirely too trusting towards the government. In the past administrations have had no problem invading our privacy and infringing on our rights if they think they can get away with it. Sure, eventually some of their acts might get repealed and the damage is corrected, but just waiting for that to happen isn't a good idea.
            help: (qg) (javs): i think my isp is stealing internet from me.

What's the difference between chopping an onion and chopping a baby? I cry when I chop onions. Type ?go Jav -Chao <ER>
            MegamanEXE> Chao
            MegamanEXE> I came from watching Hockey to say this
            (Sefarius)> ....
            (Hate The Fake)> LOL
            MegamanEXE> You are sick
            MegamanEXE> Good day

Comment

• Well it's not like Ron Paul is perfect too. He'd remove rights that have been around for over 30 years by allowing states to vote on it (i.e. abortion) and move the country backwards.

But go ahead, go back to the gold standard (LOLOLOL), abolish the military, healthcare, and the rest of the government by removing income taxes, pull out of all international organizations, and let states decide everything (abortion, gay marriage, how about women's rights, race rights and so on as well?). Turn the USA into the EU with each state being a mini-country and a federal government which doesn't really do anything, it will be funny to watch.

My anime blog:
              www.animeslice.com

Comment

But go ahead, go back to the gold standard (LOLOLOL), abolish the military, healthcare, and the rest of the government by removing income taxes, pull out of all international organizations, and let states decide everything (abortion, gay marriage, how about women's rights, race rights and so on as well?). Turn the USA into the EU with each state being a mini-country and a federal government which doesn't really do anything, it will be funny to watch.

Comment

• This is the direct result of foreigners knowing nothing about America, and posting here like Ron Paul is going to turn America into Europe. Soon, everyone will know I am right that they shouldnt comment on our politics

Checks and balances: please learn what they are and understand that the president cannot get that much power to change everything about the country
                  I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                  I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Well it's not like Ron Paul is perfect too. He'd remove rights that have been around for over 30 years by allowing states to vote on it (i.e. abortion) and move the country backwards.

i think its about time everyone seriusly questions your sanity. Abolish the military? seriously though, do you know what a questionable cause argument is? Here's an example. Ron Paul: "lets get out of iraq" Epi: "dissolve the military are you crazy?" Ron paul: "I am skeptical of the UN we shouldn't follow them blindly" Epi: "leave all international organizations thats suicide!" Ron paul: "the dollar is losing value and people are losing faith in it, perhaps we should go back to when people believed in it because it was actually backed up by something real like gold, a mineral in finate quantity that other countries care about collecting but we don't seem to anymore" Epi: "LOLOLOLOL i don't know anything about such things but it just seems funny to me!" Ron paul: "well i checked and it turns out all income tax pays for is the federal reserve's interest from borrowing so much money from a private firm, maybe we should just make the money ourselves" Epi: "the way it is now is the ways its always been and it will never change!"

Jesus christ Epi will you stop bringing up womens rights, its not on the table ok, its a non issue. He has never talked about it, no one has but you, its just so fucking stupid for you to try to get us to think that since he is trying to bring the constitutional rights back that we just lost then he must be trying to take away rights from women and blacks just dumb dumb dumb.

Truthfully, I think you make some good points. Ron paul is planning on bringing home a lot of troops, probably closing some bases, and I think china will swoop right in to fill the vacuum. Not sure what to do about that, can't keep bases open in the world forever.

edit: good point by izor bringing up checks and balances, give the man 5 points, ding!

Comment

• I understand the frustration you can feel that people from other countries are coming to forums and telling you how to vote, its your country and you decide how the government is going to look like and what the future should be like.
                      However I fail to see how you can not understand that whats going on in your country is of everyones interest (specially your foreign affairs), and that people want to express their views and opinions on how they would like USA to be in the future, specially when you keep posting over and over how powerful and great america is compared to everyone else.
                      Originally posted by Tyson
                      There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                      Originally posted by HeavenSent
                      Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                      Originally posted by Izor
                      Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

i think its about time everyone seriusly questions your sanity. Abolish the military? seriously though, do you know what a questionable cause argument is? Here's an example. Ron Paul: "lets get out of iraq" Epi: "dissolve the military are you crazy?" Ron paul: "I am skeptical of the UN we shouldn't follow them blindly" Epi: "leave all international organizations thats suicide!" Ron paul: "the dollar is losing value and people are losing faith in it, perhaps we should go back to when people believed in it because it was actually backed up by something real like gold, a mineral in finate quantity that other countries care about collecting but we don't seem to anymore" Epi: "LOLOLOLOL i don't know anything about such things but it just seems funny to me!" Ron paul: "well i checked and it turns out all income tax pays for is the federal reserve's interest from borrowing so much money from a private firm, maybe we should just make the money ourselves" Epi: "the way it is now is the ways its always been and it will never change!"

Jesus christ Epi will you stop bringing up womens rights, its not on the table ok, its a non issue. He has never talked about it, no one has but you, its just so fucking stupid for you to try to get us to think that since he is trying to bring the constitutional rights back that we just lost then he must be trying to take away rights from women and blacks just dumb dumb dumb.

Truthfully, I think you make some good points. Ron paul is planning on bringing home a lot of troops, probably closing some bases, and I think china will swoop right in to fill the vacuum. Not sure what to do about that, can't keep bases open in the world forever.

edit: good point by izor bringing up checks and balances, give the man 5 points, ding!
                        This is how Epi argues. I've been trying to steer away from directly coming out and saying it but you're absolutely right. I figured he would get the drift when I proved everything else he had put up as an exaggeration or just completely wrong. The only thing I didn't really defend in depth is the gold standard, but I'm prepared to.

Oh forgot to add, anyone else notice how he's trying to sway people's opinion of Ron by saying things like "Oh you won't be the superpower of the World anymore!" Such a sensationalist
                        1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P

Comment

Ron paul: "the dollar is losing value and people are losing faith in it, perhaps we should go back to when people believed in it because it was actually backed up by something real like gold, a mineral in finate quantity that other countries care about collecting but we don't seem to anymore"
                          I think this quote stands for itself as by far the stupidest idea of this campaign cycle. There's really nothing more to say because it is so monstrously stupid it doesn't even deserve a real response.

My anime blog:
                          www.animeslice.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Mantra-Slider View Post
                            I understand the frustration you can feel that people from other countries are coming to forums and telling you how to vote, its your country and you decide how the government is going to look like and what the future should be like.
                            However I fail to see how you can not understand that whats going on in your country is of everyones interest (specially your foreign affairs), and that people want to express their views and opinions on how they would like USA to be in the future, specially when you keep posting over and over how powerful and great america is compared to everyone else.
                            I wouldnt have so big of an issue if people understood how America works. The vibe that I get here from you foreigners is that the next president is going to change everything about America as he sees fit. This isnt a dictatorship and thats not how our country works. If you look at what we've done under Bush, yes we have changed quite a bit in the last 7 years, but it's not like all of his beliefs have been passed down in legislation.

I dont know what they teach you in schools or what books you read that say the president has as much power as you think he does, but the president is really a representative of the general direction we want this country to take. He will try and pass legislation that he believes in, but congress isnt going to pass something just because the president wants it done.
                            I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                            I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

• I can see why Epi couldn't care less about spending time typing out a well thought post anymore, because Ron Paul and his ideas are a non-issue. Epi's expressing his beliefs on the subjects without sitting down and getting all uppity about it. I'm surprised you guys are arguing more with one liners than the real thought out posts.

Well... maybe I'm not.

Comment

• Hai guyz i just wanted to attack what ur sayin by callin it moronic but i dont wanna say anything else, cuz then you might have somethin to debate

Comment

Working...
                                X