no country for old men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no country for old men

best film i've seen this year because darjeeling was just okay. i love the coen brothers and this isn't for the faint of heart, but man was it good. great acting, superb story and absolutely fantastic directing. couldn't feasibly ask for much more.

Originally posted by jeem View Post
    couldn't feasibly ask for much more.
    Was there nudity?

I appreciate the review. I've been looking for a solid movie to see.

Comment

likewise, no spoilers please, i've been waiting for it to come out.

i thought darjeeling wasn't necessarily dissapointing. i watched bottle rocket for the first time afterwards though, and it was funny to see a much younger owen wilson playing essentially the same character (not that all his characters aren't similar.)

Comment

Originally posted by Eric is God View Post
        Was there nudity?
        negatory but in the context of the movie it may have been a little forced. you do get to see a naked man but not his bingle or butt.

Comment

great movie
          Originally posted by Ward
          OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Awesome movie. Got it last night and watched it.

I liked Darjeeling too, but I'm a big Wes Anderson fan (what can I say? I'm a whore for the tracking shot).
            Originally posted by Tone
            Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

I'm definitely going to see No Country but I doubt it for Darjleeing. The Life Aquatic was incredibly boring and it felt like Wes Anderson was trying to cliche himself. In fact, I don't really like any of his movies except The Royal Tenenbaums, which is great.

Comment

Originally posted by genocidal View Post
                I'm definitely going to see No Country but I doubt it for Darjleeing. The Life Aquatic was incredibly boring and it felt like Wes Anderson was trying to cliche himself. In fact, I don't really like any of his movies except The Royal Tenenbaums, which is great.

No love?

I personally enjoyed Life Aquatic and thought Bottle Rocket, Royal Tenenbaums, and Darjeeling were all fantastic.

Rushmore's still his best however, IMO.

And back to the thread, I watched No Country for Old Men again this morning. It's the Coen brothers best film. Yeah....I said it.
                Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

No, I didn't really like Rushmore either - but it was definitely better than The Life Aquatic.

As for Coen Brothers' best, I won't say anything definitively since I haven't seen it but it's going to be very hard to top The Big Lebowski in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by genocidal View Post
                    No, I didn't really like Rushmore either - but it was definitely better than The Life Aquatic.

As for Coen Brothers' best, I won't say anything definitively since I haven't seen it but it's going to be very hard to top The Big Lebowski in my mind.
                    It's better IMO. Lebowski, Raising Arizona, and Fargo have always been my favorites (with Fargo being the best), but I really believe this one outdoes them all.

Comment

Am I the only one who doesn't find the big lebowski that good at all?
                      Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                      You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                      There wont be another election for president.
                      Obama is the Omega President.
                      http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Da1andonly View Post
                        yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Da1andonly View Post
                          Probably not but, and I mean no offense at all, I'm not sure non-Americans will necessarily get it. Nor even people from other generations in America. A lot of humor, I think, is pretty specific to a type of American from a certain mindset. I'm sure I wouldn't get some Finnish movies because of the cultural divide.

Comment

the big lebowski was okay. the life aquatic is one of, if not the, greatest films of all time. fucking bill murray man, come on. every single line that comes out of his mouth in that goddamn movie is quotable (my friends and family will vouch). i was the one in the theater who couldn't stop laughing. you must have been one of the silent masses. the royal tenenbaums pales in comparison. even the bottle rocket short was better. definitely do not go see darjeeling because it wasn't nearly as funny and the acting was pretty shitty (two funny parts and the rest emotional bullplop). i'm really not a big fan of schwartzman at all (because he's fucking awfully annoying, just watch anything he's in not directed by wes anderson for proof. especially i hate huckabees.)

while i like wes for many reasons, one of the main ones is his movies read like a casebook in cinematic history. he steals like picasso. lots of people don't like him because they don't get it in the way that da1andonlyinmymouth doesn't get the big lewboski.

Comment

I "get" his movies and I guess my distaste for The Life Aquatic is somewhat of an exaggeration - it isn't a bad movie. I just expected more out of Wes Anderson. To each his own, though.

I didn't think The Big Lebowski was that great when I first saw it but on repeated watches it has proven to be up there with Office Space, Half-Baked, and Dr. Strangelove for my favorite comedies.

Comment

Working...
                              X