Troll King- Dynasty Warriors 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troll King- Dynasty Warriors 6

Just found out about it maybe 12 minutes ago, not sure if you know about it or not.

http://download1.gamecity.ne.jp/smusou5/index.htm

I'm excited because not only are alot of characters getting redesigns, but they're also switching up some weapons. Check out the characters they have up so far, specifically Lu Bu. The weapon he has is pretty ridiculous.

EDIT- Woot here are some of the changes-

"-New features

+For the first time, you are able to swim in water and climb latters. The actual usefulness in these features during battle, is unknown.

+Most characters are getting a weapon upgrade or change. Every character is getting new movesets and looks.

+Horses can be selected pre-battle, and have experience like in SW2.

+Combo system is totally changed. Basic attacks are now an infinite repeating combo - think Gundam Muso at a high level but never ending. The number of moves before the loop repeats is determined by the level of that new extra gauge, (from level 1 ro 3, then infinite).

+Charge moves, rather than changing depending on where the basic moves are interrupted, are now also just a different, stronger combo of moves which also adds extra moves as the guage increase.

+Pressing basic attack or charge while holding block does a new close "grab" style move.

+System of picking up items that increase defense, attack etc. perminantly by defeating bosses seems to be gone. Characters gain experiance in real-time and can level up during the battle.

+Equipping weapons remains, but not sure about items. Rather each character now has a complex skill tree with multiple branches from which different paths appear to be able to be selected / moved along.

+Rather than killing gate defenders most gates how have to be smashed through using attacks.

+Press down on the directional pad when on foot to call your horse over to you. From looking at your map your horse "teleports" in out of physical sight but nearby and then runs up.

+Enemies seem to drop less health.

+It seems all characters now attack on one side of the horse.

+Duels have returned. Instead of being isolated in a unknown place, like in DW4, you duel in the middle of battle with the officer while the troops create a circle around you.

+The Renbu System (See below)"
    Last edited by Liquid Blue; 12-10-2007, 02:54 PM.
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

(TK, here's a picture of Lu Bu- http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/...167.html?gs=23
    )

-The Renbu System

The newly introduced combo system, Renbu, allows players to connect together an unlimited amount of attacks! Quick attacks, a powerful attack, and an avoiding attack. And with the cool kung-fu motions, the player can execute the attacks in many situations!

1. The gauge and rank.

The 2 above, the gauge and Renbu rank, are displayed in the bottom left corner. The gauge corresponds to the gauge itself. And the number corresponds with the gauge as well.

The Renbu ranks up when the gauge becomes full. How this is achieved is simply by attacking the enemies.

2. The relationship between the number of Renbu and the Renbu gauge itself.

The number which is displayed as u›››‚ƒ‚ˆ‚‚‰‚Žv is the number of Renbu. This number shows how many times the player has continously fought the opponents. Bearing in mind, the higher the number, the quicker it will rise. Making the number rank up even further.

3. The basic style of Renbu.

Attacking the player strongly, with a strong attack, makes the number reset. And will also make the gauge fall.

The recommended style of play is to attack the enemy without stopping. How you will do this is by forcing the enemy attacks to a halt and by using the avoiding technique, allowing you to progress without receiving damage.

4. Additional Information.

There is a limit at the start, and that is the number 2. The rank will rise as you progress through the game using that character. However, there is an item which allows the rank to rise up past the limit.

5. Individual character special skills.

By obtaining an item which appears during any battle, the player can use his or her special skill. Each character has his or her own unique move. It enables a stirring forceful attack which is different from normal attack and critical attacks.

2 of those characters as seen in the latest scan, Zhao Yun and Lu Xun, have these attacks:

Zhao Yun's is Shinsoku which means God speed. It enables him to dash for a certain amount of time. But that's not it! He can also use strong moves that can only be used during this dash!

Lu Xun's, Kakei, a fire stratagem, produces pillars of flaming fire for a limited amount of time on the battlefield!

-Confirmed Characters

SHU:

Liu Bei - No facial hair
    Guan Yu - Spiky hair
    Zhang Fei - Topknot and robes
    Zhao Yun - More heavily armored
    Zhuge Liang - More military-style costume, uses more magic based attack from what it seems

WEI:

Cao Cao - Longer sideburns, but overall the same
    Xiahou Dun - Shorter hair
    Dian Wei - More armor and decoration
    Xu Zhu - Looks similar to past versions
    Sima Yi - More military-style jacket, pants, and boots
    Zhang Liao - Heavily armored
    Zhang He- Still beautiful!

WU:

Sun Jian - Much larger with white hair
    Sun Shang Xiang - Longer hair and more ornamental costume
    Sun Ce - No ponytail and wears a cape
    Zhou Yu - Has a ponytail and more military-style armor and boots
    Lu Xun - Long, flowing sleeves and facial make-up
    Zhou Tai- Much the same as DW4
    Taishi Ci- Looks more grunty, less armor
    Huang Gai- White Mr.T-like hair
    Gan Ning(?)

OTHER:

Dong Zhuo - Larger and more grotesque
    Diao Chan - Longer hair and more revealing clothing
    Lu Bu - Much larger and heavily armored
    Zhang Jiao - Wild hair
    Yuan Shao- Only has a mustache, no helmet, has a cloth on his head
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

why not link to a page instead of COPYIT ALL!

what is it an rpg? :/

Comment

The page I got it from has alot more info than that

It's not an rpg, an action game.

Comment

I can summarize Dynasty Warriors pretty quick for ya'll right here.

Asian guy with weapon kills 1000's of generic henchman. Press X a million times and you win. </game>
          DELETED

Comment

yea but it's mad fun (DW5 doesn't count)

Comment

lool not for pc :/

Comment

If you can get 16 players to do this online, on a battlefield. That would be fun and revolutionary to the game. At this point, they better at least keep the "Risk" style cards and territory battles to keep the campaign interesting.

Gundam Wing Dynasty Warriors worked, because of it's target audience and the amount of fan service that was poured into it. You didn't mind the mindless battles as much, because of the characters and the story, the voices, etc.

I'd call this one a rental for Achievements and that's about it.
                DELETED

Comment

DW5 was worth a rental at best, simply because it had next to no innovation and just some lame new characters with limited movesets added.

Sadly, I bought that game. Thank god for trade-ins.

DW3 and DW4 I have easily put 70 hours into each, simply because they were fun mindless brawlers and I loved building up those fresh characters into killing machines. DW6 not only has new weapons for most returning characters, but completely new movesets for all characters, a new combo system, new experience/ skill tree branching system, and duels have returned (woot woot). Item system looks like it's going to be different as well. So yes, it may be only worth a rent to some, but to fans of DW like myself, I'm going to buy it. Simply because most new games don't hold my interest for more than 2 hours and this is exactly what the Dynasty Warriors series desperately needed.

Gotta wait until Feb. though <_<

Comment

How can they change Lu Bu's weapon? It's totally ignoring the source material.

Comment

great game to play when you are high. It is so much to only have to press one button and still have as much fun as anyone else you're playing with.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King View Post
                        How can they change Lu Bu's weapon? It's totally ignoring the source material.
                        IIRC didn't Xaihou Dun historically have a club or spear? And they gave him a scimitar? I just hope for one of his mouso (I actually don't think they're even called that anymore :P ) attacks he still has the stomping rage of doom and destruction. Or something similar.

Zhao Yun looks ridiculously badass as always. I hope Zho Yu kicks ass with the staff they now have given him. Lu Xun still looks like a faggot.

Comment

x, x, x, x, x,x,x,x,x,x start, x,xx,x,x,x,x,
                          Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                          sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Working...
                          X