Dungeon Siege Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dungeon Siege Movie

Is anyone planning to see this or even heard about it? I haven't seen the movie but after reading some reviews I'm tempted, just to see if a movie can really be this bad.

Director Uwe Boll (he did Alone in the Dark... enough said)

Burt Reynolds (king)
    Ray Liotta (evil wizard)
    Jason Statham (farmer and the protagonist)
    Ron Perlman (farmer's best friend)

My favorite quote from the reviews I read:

"With a Uwe Boll type of bad film, you never know when the next "wtf?" moment is coming. Hey, we're in the middle of a presumably English forest! Why not throw in some ninjas? And just like that, our hero, Jason Statham, is fighting ninjas who finally disappear and are never seen nor spoken of again."

ray liotta as a wizard? i dont get it.. can it really be as bad as it sounds?

Comment

I just found out that Uwe Boll also directed the movie Postal (based on the video game), which comes out in February.... sweet holy Jesus rofl.

Comment

Originally posted by Money View Post
        ray liotta as a wizard? i dont get it.. can it really be as bad as it sounds?
        Boll is considered by many critics to be the absolute worst director of this generation. Take a look at his resume and the rating on Rotten Tomatoes where available:

Alone in the Dark (1%)
        BloodRayne (4%)
        BloodRayne II: Deliverance
        House of the Dead (4%)
        In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale (6%)
        Postal

In negotiations to acquire the rights for:
        Legacy of Kain
        Far Cry

I know what you are thinking but those are the movies he's directed, not video games.

Quotes from Wikipedia on Boll:

Boll's movies have been critically panned. As of January 6, 2008, Alone in the Dark and House of the Dead appear on the Internet Movie Database's Bottom 100 films list. In a review of Alone in the Dark, Rob Vaux states that the movie should make all other "bad" movie directors feel better in comparison: "It's okay," they'll tell themselves, "I didn't make Alone in the Dark." Another reviewer wrote that Alone in the Dark was "so poorly built, so horribly acted and so sloppily stitched together that it's not even at the straight-to-DVD level."

When Wired published a negative review of Postal, Boll responded with an e-mail claiming that the critic "(didn't) understand anything about movies and that you are a untalented wanna bee filmmaker with no balls and no understanding what POSTAL is. you dont see courage because you are nothing. and no go to your mum and fuck her ...because she cooks for you now since 30 years ..so she deserves it"
        Last edited by Eric is God; 01-12-2008, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric is God View Post
          When Wired published a negative review of Postal, Boll responded with an e-mail claiming that the critic "(didn't) understand anything about movies and that you are a untalented wanna bee filmmaker with no balls and no understanding what POSTAL is. you dont see courage because you are nothing. and no go to your mum and fuck her ...because she cooks for you now since 30 years ..so she deserves it"
          Cool, didn't know a TWer directed Postal
          Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
          www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
          www.animeslice.com

Comment

I've heard many many bad things about Boll as well, not just his directing skills, but several ad homine attacks on critics and screenwriters who didn't agree with his every move.
            2:Displaced> k washed my nuts, hope they stop itching now
            2:Displaced> now its my fucking foot that is itching, FOR FUCKS SAKE

2:Eeks> there was this girl that had a crush on me
            2:Eeks> and she had the biggest boobs i've ever seen live
            2:Eeks> had back problems too i think
            2:Eeks> it was kinda disturbing when her boobs were bigger than her head

1:DangerGirl> spider, give your cap to era
            1:spider> Wooooohoo!
            1:spider> .*passes the hat*
            1:Erathia> <eats the hat>

Comment

I have to admit that I've never heard of this guy before today but I almost have to admire his commitment to producing crap movie after crap movie. I've never read reviews this harsh or such utter hatred from the general public at a director.

Apparently he is able to keep raising cash through a convenient loophole in German tax law (this must be how all those German schizer films are made):

"Boll is able to acquire funding thanks to German tax laws that reward investments in film. The law allows investors in German-owned films to write off 100% of their investment as a tax deduction; it also allows them to invest borrowed money and write off any fees associated with the loan. The investor is then only required to pay taxes on the profits made by the movie; if the movie loses money, the investor gets a tax writeoff."

Comment

So basically, he can keep creating crap movies.
                it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Originally posted by Cops View Post
                  So basically, he can keep creating crap movies.
                  Wow, I never knew how much of a genius Uwe Boll is. He isn't trying to make good movies to begin with, it's simple. Free money, publicity, and he gets to fuck around all day making movies with people.
                  DELETED

Comment

isnt it the game company's fault for giving him permission and the license to make a bad movie about their game in the first place?
                    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

In the business, they say "There's no such thing as bad publicity. When people stop talking about you, that's when you should worry". Look at the list of games he got for movies...

Dungeon Siege
                      Alone in the Dark
                      Bloodrayne
                      House of the Dead
                      Postal

All of those aren't AAA titles and none of them seem to be making any current projects at the times the movies were made. The publishers threw away these to Uwe Boll to get some extra cash on these games that probably didn't make all the company wanted. The only thing on the list coming out with something now is Alone in the Dark which is quite unaffected by the craptastic voyage the movie is. It probably provided that small spark to get people interested in the property again. Not a Christian Slater thing, but a "Ahh, shit, I remember Alone in the Dark..... wow, they're making a new one? Cool!" thing.

You wouldn't see "Uwe Boll" presents the following, ever, though...

Halo
                      Super Mario
                      Mass Effect
                      Call of Duty

they've got the dignity of being quality stuff.
                      DELETED

Comment

So why as an, perhaps somewhat, respected actor (black or white) would you ever participate in a Uwe Boll movie?

I mean Ray Liotta, Jason Statham? I actually like them, why soil your career with something so bad.
                        Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
                          Originally posted by Ward
                          OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

and lots of it!

edit: his movies really are bad and he's a complete tard. I'm surprised that looking at IMDB he has more than four upcoming projects.
                            it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell View Post
                              In the business, they say "There's no such thing as bad publicity. When people stop talking about you, that's when you should worry". Look at the list of games he got for movies...

Dungeon Siege
                              Alone in the Dark
                              Bloodrayne
                              House of the Dead
                              Postal

All of those aren't AAA titles and none of them seem to be making any current projects at the times the movies were made. The publishers threw away these to Uwe Boll to get some extra cash on these games that probably didn't make all the company wanted. The only thing on the list coming out with something now is Alone in the Dark which is quite unaffected by the craptastic voyage the movie is. It probably provided that small spark to get people interested in the property again. Not a Christian Slater thing, but a "Ahh, shit, I remember Alone in the Dark..... wow, they're making a new one? Cool!" thing.

You wouldn't see "Uwe Boll" presents the following, ever, though...

Halo
                              Super Mario
                              Mass Effect
                              Call of Duty

they've got the dignity of being quality stuff.
                              I think you are right Dameon. Boll wanted to get the rights for a Metal Gear Solid movie and here was the creator's reaction:

"Absolutely not! I don't know why Uwe Boll is even talking about this kind of thing. We've never talked to him. It's impossible that we'd ever do a movie with him."

He's only getting the rights to movies no one else wants so I can't see how video game companies can be hurt by accepting.

I'd recommend reading some of the online review for Boll's movies, they are hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                              X