USA court states torture is expected, prisoners are not 'persons'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bolt View Post
    a friend of mine got tazered a few months ago for "assaulting a police officer." he was drunk as hell, passed out, and the police try questioning him. so he gets up in a stupor and knocks one of the cops gloves off. the officer then pulls out his tazer gun and stuns him three times. my friend is then arrested and charged with assaulting a police officer. he said all he remembers is being waken up by a tazer and begging them to stop and telling them he did nothing wrong.
    Yes but the police man doesn't know that in that moment. He could also continue attack the police officer no?
    And that guy who asked a question and got shocked, was told to come out, but he didn't want, he kept doing a noise and interfere with the convention. He deserve it.

Anyway bolt, torturing people in investigation is surely wrong, especially when they don't have anything to do with anything related to terrorism. BUT, how you gonna get vital information from those who does?
    Do you think if American soldier will be captured by Taliban in Afghanistan, he wont be tortured to tell what he knows?
    Cutting their beards is kinda dumb in my opinion, but long investigation with psychological pressure is alright. The world is bad, and the situation is like this. I trust that people who want to avoid those kind of things will just stay out and live their normal life.

Comment

Originally posted by FarScape View Post
      Yes but the police man doesn't know that in that moment. He could also continue attack the police officer no?
      The way it was first introduced into law enforcement was as a last step before using lethal force; they were only to be used where lethal force was the only availaible alternative. Do you think it would be considered acceptable to shoot bolt's friend and every other drunk who is unable to respond and bumps into an officer? Or shoot someone when they interrupt public meetings? People have been doing these things a long time before tasers were available, and cops always managed to control them. The fact of the matter is, getting shot with a taser has a much higher chance of killing you than does getting roughed up with a baton.

Comment

Someone make the "joke."

Comment

Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
          The way it was first introduced into law enforcement was as a last step before using lethal force; they were only to be used where lethal force was the only availaible alternative. Do you think it would be considered acceptable to shoot bolt's friend and every other drunk who is unable to respond and bumps into an officer? Or shoot someone when they interrupt public meetings? People have been doing these things a long time before tasers were available, and cops always managed to control them. The fact of the matter is, getting shot with a taser has a much higher chance of killing you than does getting roughed up with a baton.
          The question is if by the law the taser is considered as lethal force? For the officer it will be much more safe to use taser than using baton. If a police officer is feeling a threat, yes I assume he should fire with taser gun to knock the man.
          Do you think its acceptable to trust the acts of drunken man and let him knock the officer and take the gun to shoot him?
          If some police individual is using any force for no good reason, he should be reported and get is punishment.

I have a good example of how a strong police can really do magics for the majority of the population who are not involved with crime. You can say whatever you want, but the fact is that a strong police with less forgivingness, supported by law (and yet in moderation) is effective way to fight crime.

Funny that those people who actually go against the police are usually mess with them (like they smoke drugs for example). For the old lady who cross the street, a police that do their job will be more important.

Comment

It's safer to shoot first, and ask questions later.

Why not just headshot anyone they don't know? That's even safer for the police officers!
            Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Originally posted by Noah View Post
              It's safer to shoot first, and ask questions later.

Why not just headshot anyone they don't know? That's even safer for the police officers!
              Thats depend on the laws of your country. maybe in Africa or some radical Islamic countries, that how things work. If your government will apply a rule that allow the police force to shoot your head if you are suspect, than it will be like that.

fortunately, we live in countries where people life are precious, so we try to keep the people alive... :turned:

Comment

Nothing like thinly veiled Israeli racism.

Comment

Well it didn;t take much time to find out that Bolt was right, and although there are many instinces of appropriate taser use, there is also a growing trend of using it in jails as a form of intimidation and torture:

http://www.alternet.org/rights/44455/

Comment

Originally posted by genocidal View Post
                    Nothing like thinly veiled Israeli racism.
                    Where is the racism in my message?

Comment

Well it didn;t take much time to find out that Bolt was right, and although there are many instinces of appropriate taser use, there is also a growing trend of using it in jails as a form of intimidation and torture:

http://www.alternet.org/rights/44455/

Lets take guns also from cops, it kills when they use it.

Comment

Originally posted by FarScape View Post
                        Lets take guns also from cops, it kills when they use it.
                        do you have a point, or are you just trying to appear dumb?

Comment

do you have a point, or are you just trying to appear dumb?
                          I think its you who appearing dumb here because you don't understand that IT should be used when need. If someone abuse it on others and torture him then he is a criminal himself. what so hard to understand?! :-(

Comment

well i gave an article showing that it isn't only used in life and death situiations, and in a lot of cases, its used just to hurt people when the cops aren't at risk. then you say "lets take their guns too" and i'm not sure what that has to do with anything we're talking about

Comment

Shut up Farscape.
                              You ate some priest porridge

Comment

World is overpopulated anyway, lets just kill all the prisoners and terrorists.

Comment

Working...
                                X