ITT photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITT photography

A while back some asian (Bioture?) bought some camera gear. Let's see some new photos.

Post and critique.

Here are some from my latest outings.

Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #98: Every man has his price.

Comment

I really like the hot rod one!

My interest in the hobby (as well as the equipment list) has grown considerably since the thread I made awhile ago... I'll post some of my greatest when I have a chance - btw what image hosting service do you use that lets you retain (for the most part) the quality of a post-processed jpeg?
      TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
      TelCat> hoes get paid :(
      TelCat> i dont

Comment

Flickr (I have a pro account--only $24/year). My JPGs are usually ~2.5-5 MB, and I think Flickr has a 10 MB limit per photo.
        Last edited by Saturn V; 01-30-2008, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bioture View Post
          (as well as the equipment list) has grown considerably
          My equipment list hasn't grown considerably, but I've since gotten a 50mm f/1.8 lens and I'm about to order the Sigma 10-20mm. I've also obtained an old Pentax K1000 (with a 40mm f/2.8)--my first fully manual film camera.

Comment

inspiring cow
            LA

Comment

Originally posted by Saturn V View Post

NEW WORLD ORDER MUCH?

Comment

Can non-professionals participate? I have some cool pics to share:

Not photoshopped.

One of my favorites.

I really like the cow pic
                Last edited by MirrorriM; 01-31-2008, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Saturn V View Post
                  My equipment list hasn't grown considerably, but I've since gotten a 50mm f/1.8 lens and I'm about to order the Sigma 10-20mm. I've also obtained an old Pentax K1000 (with a 40mm f/2.8)--my first fully manual film camera.
                  Hold off on the sigma 10-20mm. Especially if you want compatability with your film camera. The Sigma's 10-20mm only comes in the DC flavor, meaning that it has the 1.5x crop for digital slrs. I made the same mistake of getting that to compliment my 24-70 and 70-200 f2.8s, however on my minolta 9 it only gives you this circular exposure on the film! The solution is to get the 12-24, which is full frame, but costs a bit more.
                  TelCat> i dont

Comment

here's a few macros I recently put up (but quality of photos got lost when I uploaded them) besides resizing, these photos have not been cropped in any way.

These tiny ants raid these small blossoms because of the dew forming on the pedals, and becoming a sort of sugar water.

blue zinfindels

This is the inside of a waterlily about the size of gatorade cap.

Equipment: sony a700, vgrip, tamron 90mm ld di macro, sony twin flash with diffusers
                    Last edited by Bioture; 01-31-2008, 05:23 AM.
                    TelCat> i dont

Comment

and one more that is cropped. I took this one by pure luck, actually. The ladybug takes a fraction of a second to take off, and there is a .2 second shutter lag from my a700. So just being able to get this (and having it be sharp) is amazing.

Here's another uncropped picture of "betsy" positioning herself to take off. RIP. After it took off betsy landed in a lamp and ended her life.
                      TelCat> i dont

Comment

wow, really cool pics

Comment

Amsterdam

What a surprise, it's grey weather in holland!

Note: The picture is taken horizontal. It's the houses that all bend out of shape

Comment

CuraƧao

Comment

Originally posted by Bioture View Post
                              Hold off on the sigma 10-20mm. Especially if you want compatability with your film camera. The Sigma's 10-20mm only comes in the DC flavor, meaning that it has the 1.5x crop for digital slrs. I made the same mistake of getting that to compliment my 24-70 and 70-200 f2.8s, however on my minolta 9 it only gives you this circular exposure on the film! The solution is to get the 12-24, which is full frame, but costs a bit more.
                              The Sigma is for my digital SLR. And Nikon and Pentax have different mounts, anyway.

But I really want that extra 2mm on the wide end--it's amazing the difference it can make.

Comment

Working...
                              X