Dance with Dragons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dance with Dragons

i know several of you are familiar with the series by GeorgeRR Martin--i just finished rereading the first four installments and when i googled the release date for the fifth, all i got were updates by the author from a year ago saying he expected the book to be out soon. Since then...what? did he pull a Robert Jordan and die in the middle of his series?

anybody who knows more than me or is willing to put in more than 30 seconds of research feel free to reply

nevermind, i found the most recent update posted on january first. The book is scheduled to be released fall of 2008.

in my defense, he DID acknowledge that he hadn't updated in forever

Comment

Actually I was in a bookstore earlier today and saw that he's released some bullshit 2-volume set of his old short stories. I too was a fan of the series, until "A Feast for Crows", which focused on the stories of every character I don't like.

Anyway, no idea when he's actually going to push out Dance With Dragons, I must have bought AFFC at least 2 years ago.
      My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue View Post
        I too was a fan of the series, until "A Feast for Crows", which focused on the stories of every character I don't like.
        the next book is a parallel with all the other characters.

Comment

Oh believe me, I know. I knew this when reading the intro to AFFC, where he whines and makes excuses about why the most badass character of all time, John Snow isn't in the hardbound, expensive at the time, book I had just bought.

Sigh.
          My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

its a fun series.

feast for crows wasnt that bad.

i am currently rereading the books kinda. i downloaded all the audiobooks and im on the road alot. so yeap. currently halfway through storm of swords. yeahhhhhh. at the pace im going, it will be about fall when im done with feast for crows again. so that might line up pretty decent.

and i concur, john snow is a badass.

so is the dragon chick. danerys... i cant remember how to spell her name

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

DAENERYS TARGARYEN

And I still deem the closing paragraph of aGoT to be the best ending of a book ever written. Even though it's not the real end, you know.
              2:Displaced> k washed my nuts, hope they stop itching now
              2:Displaced> now its my fucking foot that is itching, FOR FUCKS SAKE

2:Eeks> there was this girl that had a crush on me
              2:Eeks> and she had the biggest boobs i've ever seen live
              2:Eeks> had back problems too i think
              2:Eeks> it was kinda disturbing when her boobs were bigger than her head

1:DangerGirl> spider, give your cap to era
              1:spider> Wooooohoo!
              1:spider> .*passes the hat*
              1:Erathia> <eats the hat>

Comment

Martin is known for taking an insane amount of time to write his novels. I believe it took him 3-4 years to get Feast for Crows out and I won't be expecting book 6 until 2010 and book 7 until 2012. I love this man's take on "political fantasy" but please move the pen or hit the keys faster!

And my favorite character is probably Tyrion Lannister.

Comment

Tyrion is the midget right? Yes he's my second favorite character; another reason I was mad at AFFC.

Comment

Hey liquid, nice drawing you got on your site. I really liked the first drawing with the beard man but all were very good!

Comment

thanks, I haven't been able to update my site since I graduated college due to my job and the workload.

Going to update it very soon though, keep an eye out

Comment

LB, I still have a voice to whore out.. are you ever getting to that?
                        Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

yes, you and Nick are always on my balls about that.

All will become clear when I redesign my site. Which will be soon.

Comment

A Game of Thrones, Bantam Books, 1996
                            A Clash of Kings, Bantam Books, 1999
                            A Storm of Swords, Bantam Books, 2000
                            A Feast for Crows, Bantam Books, 2005
                            A Dance with Dragons, forthcoming/Bantam Books
                            The Winds of Winter, forthcoming/Bantam Books
                            A Dream of Spring, forthcoming/Bantam Books

Yeah... it's a great series but he takes forever. He's like 60 and fat so he might die at any point really which would suck.
                            TWL-J champ season 5 (Elusive)
                            TWL-D champ season 6 (Elusive)
                            TWL-D champ season 8 (-FINAL-)
                            TWL-D champ season 10 (Syndicate)

Comment

Working...
                            X