Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (DS).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (DS).

I just had the extreme pleasure in playing the best DS game I've ever played. This game raped my face with graphics and awesome.

This game has more of a Diablo co-op feel to it than the standard RPG feel you get from the other Final Fantasy series. Still it retains its Final Fantasy feel to the the items/equipment/fighting/crafting/bosses/puzzles/etc, while making good use of the touch screen. The touch screen itself has more of a support role, which is my preferred way of playing on the DS.

The co-op feels very well done in this game. You can interact with each other in a limited extent, where the limit isn't a problem. You got instances for just plain old hack'n'slash like Diablo, and you got questgivers that can give you some different quests that varies vastly. There's co-op quest where both works for the same goals, and you got quests pitting you up against each other. The quests also comes in stages, so you can complete the same quest multiple times at higher difficulties. Like every decent RPG, you get nice fat loot for completing one. There might be more to it than this, but I've only been able to play it for 2 hours for now. Not to mention, you're able to share items with each other, and you got a save feature that saves the session for both players.

Japanse gameplay video.

Positives:
    • Keeping the Final Fantasy feel intact.
    • Good combat system.
    • Good graphics and sound.
    • Feels natural on the DS.

Negatives:
    • Some classes may lack some variation in the attack animation (subject to change when I level up).
    • The friendly fire is on! You only deal a small amount of damage to each other, but it's still annoying.
    • A few small annoyances with the crafting system.

I'd give it a 91/100, and I'm jumping right back into it as soon as my hands are cool with it. I get tired in my hands playing too much DS at once, I need that extra grip + battery thing ASAP.
    Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

is it DS only? I ask because I have a PSP and am out of games to play
    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

99% sure it's DS only.

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Right after the 1st boss, it said thank you for playing and restared my game, i did it again and got further, but it did it again... good game tho, trying to fix this problem

Comment

Did you pay for the game?
          sigpic
          What is even the elblow?

Comment

Yes.

I've calculated that I payed about 1 or 2 cents for my connection while I were downloading it.

Comment

Originally posted by Noah View Post
              This game raped my face with graphics and awesome.

that good huh

Comment

down loaded it

Comment

i think squaresoft did this thing on the game to prevent people from dling the game and play it

cause now.. sometimes when i enter a new map or something.. the screen "Thanks for playing" shows up.. and it's supposed to reset your DS.. however, if u use R4 or Supercard it seems it freezes in the black screen and u have to turn it off and restart from where u last saved.. the game do continue to run where u the thanks for playing screen shows up.. however... it gets annoying if it happens all the time.. =/
                  Last edited by Nimrook; 03-13-2008, 09:39 PM.
                  9 TWL Titles - 5 TWLJ 3 TWLD 1 TWLB

4:Akuun> Did Neth tell u about his Sims game?
                  4:Nimrook> No?
                  4:Nethila> omfg.. i have babies with your girl in Sims!
                  4:Nimrook> ooo.. well i understand Neth, it's not your fault that u cannot make real ones.. cause u were born like that.. i guess u will have to make babies in your Sims game
                  4:Akuun> ROFL
                  4:Akuun> Hahahahahaha
                  4:Thundermare> Neth = owned
                  4:Nimrook> lol

3:Zell> popped boners a couple of times, couldnt aim at the cue ball

Comment

Yo can someone link me the ENG version of this? I can only find the Japanese version =[

To priv message!
                    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                    Failure teaches success.
                    . â–²
                    ▲ ▲

Comment

msg me on msn or on squad chat newb Kim.. i got the link
                      9 TWL Titles - 5 TWLJ 3 TWLD 1 TWLB

4:Akuun> Did Neth tell u about his Sims game?
                      4:Nimrook> No?
                      4:Nethila> omfg.. i have babies with your girl in Sims!
                      4:Nimrook> ooo.. well i understand Neth, it's not your fault that u cannot make real ones.. cause u were born like that.. i guess u will have to make babies in your Sims game
                      4:Akuun> ROFL
                      4:Akuun> Hahahahahaha
                      4:Thundermare> Neth = owned
                      4:Nimrook> lol

3:Zell> popped boners a couple of times, couldnt aim at the cue ball

Comment

I just put this on my Gamefly list, because I hate downloading DS games. But this seems pretty badass from what I hear.
                        DELETED

Comment

not to try to hijack this thread or anything, But I heard God of War: Chains of Olympis for the PSP is fucking awesome. Anybody played it? Compare it to the first god of war (which was the only one i played)
                          The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                          All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

I have not gotten to play it yet. But, you can download a demo to put on your Memory Stick and try out on the PSP website. I've heard it's awesome, though.
                            DELETED

Comment

Working...
                            X