You're killin' me, Smalls.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're killin' me, Smalls.

It's time for another US politics thread, I apologize.

I came across a story about a speech Bill Clinton made today in Parkersburg, West Virginia. I'll quote a bit of it:

Originally posted by Bill Clinton
    I don't give a riff about all this name-calling that's going on. They've been going on ever since Iowa. I've heard them say all these things about her. Apparently it's okay to say bad things about a girl.
    Hilarious--in that brow-wiping, mouth ajar sort of way. Since when did Clinton's chivalry kick in? My fiance would like to thank you for setting equality for women back a few decades.

But it gets better... I start reading "user-generated" comments. (I know, I shouldn't have.) Some "highlights":

Originally posted by Gene from Dallas, TX
    You go Bill! All these Obama supporters cannot possibly be thinking of what will come if he's elected. Talk about affirmative action! They think they're going to get their comeuppance when one of their kind gets in. I shutter to think about it.
    I really hope "their kind" doesn't mean what I think it means. I'm "shuttering" just thinking about what kind of guy writes this stuff.

Originally posted by Neutral
    Well said President Clinton. I couldn't agree with you more. Obama have already succeeded disenfranchising voters for Michigan and Florida. We can't allow him to do this to our fellow Americans who have yet to cast their vote this primary.

I still don't know who to vote for, one thing for sure, I'd vote for a dog for President over Obama.
    Hyperbole aside (again, I really hope this is hyperbole and not someone being completely retarded), what has Obama done to personally disenfranchise Michigan and Florida voters again? I agree that the voters in those primaries were fucked, but why don't people point the finger at their state legislatures that moved the dates forward? You know, the people who (in the face of the DNC TELLING THEM that there would be penalties) did it anyway.

What did Obama do (other than trying to at least get them represented at the convention)?

Originally posted by JS
    Yes!!!!! This is the kind of BACKBONE the democrats need in the White House - not someone who can't even stand up to his racist, anti american preacher!
    Any chance we could let this "ZOMG OBAMA'S PREACHER SAID GD AMERICA! REVERSE RACISM! OBAMA HATES WHIT PEOPLE BY ASSOSIATEN" thing drop already? Look, I'm about the whitest white boy up in this mother, and even I am not moved in the slightest by this "argument." Mr. Obama has come right out and said "yeah, that was some pretty nasty shit, and I don't condone it." What more can be said? Do people want him to publicly crucify a man that has been a close friend for most of his life? Come on, from what I've seen/heard of Rev. Wright, the man's not a monster. Anybody who tries to sell you that bullshit is sadly misinformed.

Anyone else actually listen to the full course of Obama's "race speech" last week? I thought it was pretty damn spot-on. It's about time all sides involved had an honest conversation about race. Is it too lofty of an ideal? Possibly. But shit, we have to start somewhere.

...okay, I can't read any more of these things. When the fuck are people going to realize that the Obama/Clinton bickering is dumb as fuck? Why the hell are Obama/Clinton supporters even entertaining the thought of "if my candidate doesn't win the nomination, I'm voting for McCain"? How the hell does that logic work?

In closing, just as it opening, I'd like to address an open letter to the American people:

You're KILLIN' me, Smalls.
    Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Hi, I'm Gran Guerrero and I support this message!

Also, I loved the sandlot (not the sequel, fuck the sequel).
    sigpic
    All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Originally posted by gran guerrero View Post
      Hi, I'm Gran Guerrero and I support this message!

Also, I loved the sandlot (not the sequel, fuck the sequel).
      with the girl pitcher and the fat kid rip off. yeah fuck that.
      Originally posted by Tone
      Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

my mom told me she almost named me Yah Yah (before she knew what the sandlot was, being that its an iranian name, sounding like Yah-yuh) but since I saw sandlot and so did like every other kid growing up in america, I would of went with Yah Yah instead. It would of been sweet but sadly it didnt happen.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd View Post
          One night a racoon went in thru pet's door and stole the ham in my fridge
          Hey steve, America is going into a recession, possibly a depression. If I were you, I would start panicking NOW!

Originally Posted by Bill Clinton
          Apparently it's okay to say bad things about a girl.
          That guy is telling the truth, for once ...
          ☕ 🍔 🍅 🍊🍏

Comment

i was roped in with promises of a sandlot discussion, but was thwarted when concreteschlard posted some political mumbo jumbo

but the rest of the posters didnt upset me. yeahhhh sandlot!

'how can i have s'more if i havent had any yet?'

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Well conc, that one guy is from Texas..
                Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

It makes me shutter.
                  Will Thom Yorke ever cheer up? - ZeUs!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Material Girl View Post
                    It makes me shutter.
                    Is that sorta like shuddering?
                    Originally posted by Tone
                    Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                      'how can i have s'more if i havent had any yet?'
                      YOu bob for apples in the toilet, and you LIKE it !
                      .fffffffff_____
                      .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                      .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                      .fffffff\______/
                      .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                      .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                      .fffff\________/
                      .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                      .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                      .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                      .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                      .fff\__________/

Comment

Just amazes me that people will listen to the words of Bill as if they are the god’s honest truth.

This is the President that was impeached for lying. This is the President that came into office with a majority Democrat Senate and Congress and when he left office the Dem.'s became a minority in both houses.

As for Hillary to make statements noting that people can't pick their family & yet they can pick their pastors made me LOL. I guess Hillary feels that there is no such thing as divorce, especially after it has come out that regardless of the known 3 women Bill had affairs with; there had been many more that we just never heard from...perhaps they had been paid off or had been threatened in some way if they came public. Well we all know how Bill enjoyed his Monica scented cigars. I personally think Bill wants another shot at an intern again…this time though she will most likely be younger than his own daughter, rather than only a few years older as was the case with Monica.

Well you can pick your pastor and you can also divorce your cheating and deceitful husband too!

Doesn't really say much for women when she obviously doesn't care fidelity and marriage vows...how’s that going to work in her favor?

The U.S. just has too many idiots in the public population that are racists. Not to leave out that they are simply just the ultimate trash of society.

Maybe Hillary needs to have Bill send her and Chelsea into a war zone so they can run through the bullets to the secure transport that will take them to a safe zone.
                        May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Working...
                        X