No announcement yet.

Attn Jerome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont understand why you wouldnt pm him or IM him or anything. Why would u make a thread about this, doesn't make sense.
    4:BigKing> xD
    4:Best> i'm leaving chat
    4:BigKing> what did i do???
    4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
    4:BigKing> ???? why though
    4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
    4:BigKing> xD

Comment

because I hold no secrets
      sigpic
      All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Originally posted by paradise! View Post
        i dont understand why you wouldnt pm him or IM him or anything. Why would u make a thread about this, doesn't make sense.
        actually it does make sense. don't hold your own intelligence as the standard of rationality or else you will be very disappointed, continually, throughout your life.
        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

First I would remove "72% of US troops say to end the war now" because you're arguing from a political point of view. I would try to characterize the dissatisfaction of the war with more precise statistics, 57% of the public want the troops removed. The other 43% can not entirely be for the war. I would say cite some figures about how the public views the foreign policy situation.

Look over game theory also for the concept of human nature being evil and how it has failed. I think the core idea is alright given that idealism (not to mention conservativism and tradition) has lead to an overpowering executive. Bush Co. believe in a unitary executive so that is why they've accelerated a lot of these crises. Making the connection between pursuing ideal and "good" goals through peaceful democratic Government to America's manifest destiny extending to the rest of the world is not easy.

I would define 'realism' better and at the beginning before going into the history lesson and main points.

Edit: I also don't think Bush exactly wooed people with idealism, he rallied Christian fundamentalist to his base and never looked back. I wouldn't harp on that issue so much generally, maybe cite failures not pertaining to the economic situation. Also focus on and explain changes that are needed.
          Last edited by Kolar; 04-22-2008, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Good essay, it had an overwhelmingly good message. I agree about the statics being a bit confusing, I think the dissatisfaction of this war is a lot more than 57%, I think this downplayed people's feeling towards the war. I think you needed to expand on the 'conflict' of pulling out, you did talk about the consequences of pulling out and related it to Vietnam but I think it was a bit bushy.

It's a B+ for sure.
            it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Working...
            X