genocidal meets Euroland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• genocidal meets Euroland

Yes, I am going to take my genocide to Europe this summer. I will probably be in Switzerland or the Benelux area for the Euro Cup at some point in late June.

The plan so far is to be in Barcelona from May 30-June 27 (I'll definitely hit up Switzerland during that period). Then afterward, the potential plan is to trek around Europe - probably through France, Germany, Denmark, Benelux and Prague. After Germany I'll head down to Italy to stay for a week or say with some friends and then fly home.

If you're cool and are going to be any of those places let me know, I'm not too proud to see subspace buddies on my vacation. Also, if you have any recommendations those are also extremely welcome. I'm basically just going over there and planning on getting cheap airline tickets and train tickets to get around knowing no languages other than English and some Spanish.

PS: Sorry Brits and Scandinavians, doesn't look like I'll make it your way this time.

go visit galleleo and have a good time not drinking
    5:gen> man
    5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Originally posted by Facetious View Post
      go visit galleleo and have a good time not drinking
      I heard he doesn't smoke either!
      sigpic
      All good things must come to an end.

Comment

There is some kind of pass you can buy which allows you to jump on most of the trains for a certain time inside the EU for a one time charge. I'd look that up because it's a cheap way of getting around if you're not in a rush.

Comment

Originally posted by Emaho View Post
          There is some kind of pass you can buy which allows you to jump on most of the trains for a certain time inside the EU for a one time charge. I'd look that up because it's a cheap way of getting around if you're not in a rush.
          I second this notion.

I'd also recommend a place that bloodzombie recommended to me a few years back, just in case you make it down to Italy: Cinque Terre. It's a strand of five small villages along the Mediterranean. Tiny towns linked by this cool little footpath in the cliffs. We ended up staying in a town called Monterroso, renting a condo for like five days (super cheap place, but had this deck that overlooked the Med--fucking beautiful).

As a plus, there are also usually lots of very fine-looking women from other parts of Europe who go to vacation there. (This was also the case in other towns we went to, but the women here were somehow hotter.)

Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

That looks gorgeous, I'll definitely check it out because I'll be spending a decent amount of time in Italy as compared to the rest of my stops.

The only thing about a Euro Rail pass is how expensive they are. I know of some discount flights that I can get for like $40 so I'll probably try to do those and maybe look into some type of rail pass that's a little cheaper than the ones I've seen. I'm not exactly in a hurry but I'm a very impatient person and sitting on trains forever and changing trains would irritate me a lot.

Comment

im from austria, if u bring beer you are invited to the party.

Interrail: http://www.oebb.at/pv/en/Travel_with...Rail/index.jsp
              Flight: http://www2.skyeurope.com/en/

Comment

Its actually way sadder if you need to drink or smoke to have fun, but whatever.

And Geno, those plane tickets, companies might advertise for 40 Euros or whatever, but there is like 100 to 150 Euro extra on top of that for taxes and stuff. So yeah, the ticket itself is 40 Euro, all the tax and shit on top of that is A LOT. I would recommend sticking to the railway. We have a pretty good railway system in Europe.

I have been to that place that Conc just recommended when I was somewhere around 11 or so, and I still remember how frikken awesome that place is beauty wise and stuff. So yeah, definitely something you wanna go too.

For the rest, I am willing to do help if I can in anyway getting you some info or whatever, just hit me up if you wanna.
                Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd View Post
                  I second this notion.

I'd also recommend a place that bloodzombie recommended to me a few years back, just in case you make it down to Italy: Cinque Terre. It's a strand of five small villages along the Mediterranean. Tiny towns linked by this cool little footpath in the cliffs. We ended up staying in a town called Monterroso, renting a condo for like five days (super cheap place, but had this deck that overlooked the Med--fucking beautiful).

As a plus, there are also usually lots of very fine-looking women from other parts of Europe who go to vacation there. (This was also the case in other towns we went to, but the women here were somehow hotter.)

my gf spent last summer in italy and absoulely gushes about this place. brought back a few pics almost exactly like this, plus some with some very hot euro chicks in the background....

so...even though its second hand, i guess i'll third this notion, which means its non-negotiable for you.

Comment

double post, oh well...but yeah, looks pretty gorgeous.

Comment

travel cuts has student discounts, you might be able to find a cheap euro rail pass here.

http://www.travelcuts.com/us/index2.asp

I also like lonelyplanet, it's great to see comments and stories of travelers.
                      Last edited by Cops; 04-26-2008, 01:33 AM.
                      it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
                        Its actually way sadder if you need to drink or smoke to have fun, but whatever.

And Geno, those plane tickets, companies might advertise for 40 Euros or whatever, but there is like 100 to 150 Euro extra on top of that for taxes and stuff. So yeah, the ticket itself is 40 Euro, all the tax and shit on top of that is A LOT. I would recommend sticking to the railway. We have a pretty good railway system in Europe.

I have been to that place that Conc just recommended when I was somewhere around 11 or so, and I still remember how frikken awesome that place is beauty wise and stuff. So yeah, definitely something you wanna go too.

For the rest, I am willing to do help if I can in anyway getting you some info or whatever, just hit me up if you wanna.
                        I've taken a few travel and tourism classes, the euro rail is insanely convenient and accessible. I wish Canada adopted something similar to the Euro Rail, we have the Via Rail but it costs $2000 to go from Southern Ontario to B.C. For $2000 I could fly to B.C and stay in a hotel for 14 days. It might be beautiful to trek across Canada, but it's economically stupid to do so.

edit: my bad on the double post.

Oh by the the way go to kayak.com, enter in your traveling dates and it gives you a comparison of all flights and their costs. I don't believe it gives you charter prices but this is a great starting point for finding a cheap flight (not sure if you found one yet). Travelcuts has some awesome deals as well.
                        Last edited by Cops; 04-26-2008, 01:39 AM.
                        it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Please also notice that the USD-EUR exchange rate has risen once more these past days. Right now it's around 1.56, so your trip might be a bit expensive.

On the other hand, I just found six Euro cents and a bit of pocket lint in my pants. Going to New York for 3 weeks.
                          2:Displaced> k washed my nuts, hope they stop itching now
                          2:Displaced> now its my fucking foot that is itching, FOR FUCKS SAKE

2:Eeks> there was this girl that had a crush on me
                          2:Eeks> and she had the biggest boobs i've ever seen live
                          2:Eeks> had back problems too i think
                          2:Eeks> it was kinda disturbing when her boobs were bigger than her head

1:DangerGirl> spider, give your cap to era
                          1:spider> Wooooohoo!
                          1:spider> .*passes the hat*
                          1:Erathia> <eats the hat>

Comment

I stayed in Savona for 2 weeks when I was in highschool thanks to an exchangeprogram. That part of Italy is indeed awesome conc, recommend it!

Then again I love everything about Italy and would probably recommend everything :wub:

oh btw, you trip sounds awesome and Im jealous gen, fuck you.

also, try not to make some silly schedule where you try to fit in all the "must see's and must do's" cos usually you will end up enjoying yourself alot more when you just chill and end up at places that "no one else has been to" (obviously this is impossible but you get the picture). Experience the locals and the "hidden" surroundings, it will be more fun!!
                            Last edited by Mantra-Slider; 04-26-2008, 07:32 AM.
                            Originally posted by Tyson
                            There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                            Originally posted by HeavenSent
                            Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                            Originally posted by Izor
                            Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

If you're going to be in Spain at all besides Barcelona (which is a great city in its own right), drop by Ronda. It's not the sort of place I could spend a lot of time at but the town itself overlooks the hills & mountains so it's a very beautiful place to stop by for a day or so.
                              Originally posted by Ward
                              OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Working...
                              X