Ubuntu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xog View Post
    once i somehow manage to get wine on there it should be a breeze.
    What exactly are the Windows apps you think you'll need on Linux? Aside from games (and photoshop? - which I've had moderate success running in wine but the gimp is good enough for a loser like me.) Linux has competitive, open source options for pretty much everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
      you should check out JACK.
      I've tried JACK and Pulse and everything ever and blah. It just takes too much time to get one thing working and then it breaks everything else and then something starts causing latency and then an input stops working and then you have to reconfigure everything and then and then and then.

I just plug stuff into my macbook and it works perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by castromarx View Post
        I've tried JACK and Pulse and everything ever and blah. It just takes too much time to get one thing working and then it breaks everything else and then something starts causing latency and then an input stops working and then you have to reconfigure everything and then and then and then.

I just plug stuff into my macbook and it works perfectly.
        jeez, i didn't even get far enough to get one thing working :/
        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

i'm having extreme difficulty installing ANYTHING on ubuntu... i thought u said it's as easy as clicking a button? WTF! the only thing i've been able to do on ubuntu so far is surf the web and download continuum 50 million times. i have like 3 GBs used up already just trying to install continuum over and over with failed attempts. i'm so fucking confused about the command line prompt bullshit. I wish this shit had a fucking install button and everything could work out perfectly. But no, I have to follow 5 pages of directions to install the fuckin thing, half way, then get lost. FUCK !

oOo, let me install the linux AIM version... that should be easy cuz it's a popular program....

but WAIT! there's instructions on there TOO! Again.. no install button. gotta open up the damn terminal and type shit i've never heard before let alone understand. I think the only thing i've figured out is
          tar = target.

I demand an install button. :annoyed:

Comment

listen, i'm retarded and figured all this out. it's really simple to install anything, especially with the newest ubuntu, i really don't know where you are fucking up.
            Originally posted by Jeenyuss
            sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

just requested a cd, GONNA CH-CH-CH-CHECK IT OUT

Comment

For you noobs, I recommend using Wubi. It's a Windows installer and installs Ubuntu like a program, but allows you to boot into Ubuntu and keep your Windows installation without any partitioning.
                Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #98: Every man has his price.

Comment

linux sucks balls and is a waste of time unless you're some programmer twat

Comment

Over the summer I plan to blow away the desktop I'm currently running linux on and setting up VirtualBox on a fresh Gentoo stage 1. Inspired by this blog entry

On a side note, I've found it way easier to do what I want in Gentoo than other distros. (I've tried Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora and most recently Sabayon which is a Gentoo variant that I ended up liking less) Your mileage may vary, of course.
                    USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

Originally posted by Saturn V View Post
                      For you noobs, I recommend using Wubi. It's a Windows installer and installs Ubuntu like a program, but allows you to boot into Ubuntu and keep your Windows installation without any partitioning.
                      Yessss.. finally I can try it without having to deal with partitioning!

Currently using it. It looks much nicer than XP too. If I'm gonna game though, I'll switch over to Windows because I don't want to deal with Wine.

P.S. Shift+Alt+Up ftw

Edit: Apparently I'm running Firefox 3. Interesting..
                      Last edited by Edify; 05-05-2008, 08:47 PM.
                      thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Working...
                      X