price of guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• price of guitars

I need to part with my barracuda black and white bass, I spent roughly $300 on it and it's done a decent job. Minor scratches and bumps but I bought an acoustic bass with pickups so that shit has got to go.

Where can I get a listing of what guitars are worth? Or does someone sell them or know what type of coin I should be looking for.
    it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Who do you plan to sell it to?

The only thing I could suggest is go to your nearest Long & McQuade (or whichever music store is closer) and see if they will appraise it for you. They people that work at L&M look lax enough that they wouldn't mind giving you a price.
    duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

I think most shops would offer me a quarter of what it's worth, I know the guys at Long & McQuade are decent guys but it's still a business. I'm hoping to list it on craigslist or sell it to someone who wants it so I kind of would rather take the long route on getting rid of it in hopes of getting a greater return.
      it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

With prices like this, expect half value of which you bought it for or so on craigslist. For some reason there are usually shitloads of people who expect to sell starter equipment for close to new prices, don't be one of those people

For the rest, do you really need the money? People usually come to regret selling gear, especially if the money gains are quite limited.
        "... I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep." -R. Frost

Comment

Not very familiar with the Barracuda Bass. I did look it up and noticed good reviews on it as far as playing and sound. Inexpensive though for the most part on the used pricing. I had seen them posted between $150 - $300.

Most call it a great Bass for beginers or for those that don' want to pay out the ass and want a decent sounding and responsive Bass.

W/o a model name or number it limits what the selling price is set at when looking for a comparison price.

Good luck though...I always hate parting with an instrument, unless it goes towards buying a new one on an upgrade scale.

I'll sell you my 10 string Chapman Stick for $1,500.00 if your interested?
          May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

im right handed, do i need my small finger of my left hand to play bass?

just wondering becasue i think i broke it too many times and it doesnt work all that well on its own... it kind of 'sticks' if i try to do too much with it.

long tiem ago buddy of mine was kinda teaching me some chords on a guitar and i was doing fine until i tried to change quickly. my little finger just wouldnt respond

but yeh, if i dont really need that good for nothing finger for the bass, i might get one adn screw around with

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Uh yeah, you kind of need it. Pick up drums.

5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
              5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
              5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage View Post
                Uh yeah, you kind of need it. Pick up drums.

thats what i did!
                sigpic
                All good things must come to an end.

Comment

yeah this is handy, thanks cops. i am looking to sell my electric fender strat. i bought it used for 300 i think, i can't remember. anywhere from 300-700. how much do you think i could get for it? i know that i'd have to check out the serial number for someone to give me a legit estimate and if you explain to me how to find it i can get right on that.
                  Originally posted by turmio
                  jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                  Originally posted by grand
                  I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Originally posted by 404 Not Found View Post
                    Not very familiar with the Barracuda Bass. I did look it up and noticed good reviews on it as far as playing and sound. Inexpensive though for the most part on the used pricing. I had seen them posted between $150 - $300.

Most call it a great Bass for beginers or for those that don' want to pay out the ass and want a decent sounding and responsive Bass.

W/o a model name or number it limits what the selling price is set at when looking for a comparison price.

Good luck though...I always hate parting with an instrument, unless it goes towards buying a new one on an upgrade scale.

would be but i just shelled out some cash for my acoustic bass, the strings still need to be replaced cause it sounds like shit.

I want to sell my electric, I don't necessarily need the money for anything but it's just sitting there collecting dust. I don't know if I should part with it, I bought it when I first decided to kick my bad habit of smoking 4-5 times a day. It's a really a good bass for the cash, it's decent sound for decent coin. If I was going to sell it I'd list it at $150 on craigslist, figuring I bought it for $300. The huge problem I had was that Barracuda's aren't the easiest guitars to find, I still can't even locate their main site otherwise I'd be able to give better specs.
                    Last edited by Cops; 05-20-2008, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                      but yeh, if i dont really need that good for nothing finger for the bass, i might get one adn screw around with
                      actually man, you can get away with playing bass with two fingers but once you start realizing you can just scale a lot of notes and that traveling from fret 1 to fret 10 is ridicilous. I remember music class a lot of kids would do so much extra work, they'd be playing some easy song and playing an E half way across the bass instead of the E right above the fret they were playing.

Comment

Originally posted by 404 Not Found View Post

maybe a trade for a 1979 6 string takamine ?
                        (RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by Left_Eye:
                        (RoboHelp)>TW Staff are looking for players who play regulary and are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and who
                        (RoboHelp)>show a desire to improving the zone. If you are interested in joining TW Staff, e-mail
                        (RoboHelp)>TWStaff@gmail.com
                        (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Left_Eye:<Message>.

Comment

Working...
                        X