Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just got my ubuntu cd!

lets see what she does

so im on it now and w/e and i went to go get back on windows cuz im using the cd now and it says my win/sys32/config is missing or corrupt wtf? now i gotta put the xp cd in and fix it.. for no reason

Comment

god

Comment

lolz

Comment

guess i lose alllll my photos and EVERYTHING ELSE

how can booting from a linux disk cause this to happen...and no my xp cd wont boot LOL nice

Comment

i would have recommended trying it out on something other than your main computer if you're a first timer :P

keep at it though and you'll figure it out. it's a different OS than windows but ultimately easier and more intuitive.
            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

yea my bad, is it possible to take this HD Out and connect it to another computer and access it that way and get my photos off it? i mean really the first 2 years of my daughters life are on here lol i havent gotten them put on cd and havent had them ALL printed..i like ubuntu but fuck i tried installing wine...i think i need to install ubuntu first and not run it off cd for wine? i dunno i googled all this shit been searching on my own i did what they say i cant even watch vids in youtube i figured that out now i got video but no sound..i mean jesus

Comment

You might be able to still get the photos. Connect the HDD on the slave cable on the second computer (put the HDD pin to secondary) and try to boot it up. It will probably work because from the way you described the problem the hard drive doesn't sound physically broken but you should be careful about doing this so you don't destroy the other computer.

You should install Ubuntu before trying to do too much through the cd. It only offers limited access to your hard drive (from what I found anyways) and system control on the Live CD.

Comment

so why didn't you just download it? :P
                  lemar> im seriously gonna get someone to hack your name and disolve that shit sqd of yours

Comment

cool thats what i thought kolar, nothing wrong with my hdd at all its just windows registry is corrupted

anyways if i get my photos off it i think i might run with this ubuntu for a while its pretty nice

Comment

I also just got my Ubuntu 8.04 CD from the direct from Netherlands

Comment

You guys do understand you can download the ISOs right?

Comment

yea bu t i wanted the cd, ive dl'd it before and for some unknown reason my dvd burner isnt working either and hasnt been for a few months :/

Comment

Why burn? Get a program like Daemon tools or isohunt or whatever and mount them. I am a complete tool when it comes to computer (its why I am not even gonna touch ubuntu, because I will fuck it up beyond belief), but even I know how an iso works!
                            Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Gah why didn't you just use what Saturn V or somebody recommended.

http://wubi-installer.org/

I'm on Ubuntu right now solely because of Wubi. It was so freaking easy. Just have the ISO or the CD in your drive while running WINDOWS, run the executable, and voila there isn't even a step 3.
                              thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Working...
                              X