X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Bike

http://konaworld.com/08_heihei_c.htm

unf

i hate disc brakes. They make incredible noise when wet, give you trouble mounting and unmounting a wheel and after a while they start to rub against the brake. too bad they dont give you a choice most of the time.

and if you buy a fully make sure you can lock the back without stepping off, preferable with a switch on the fork.

Comment

Did ya change the pedals yet to a clete type? I put Egg Beaters on both of my mnt. Bikes...they are indestructable, plus nobody can jump on it and ride away w/o the cletes needed to pedal the bike.
      May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

GET A MOTORCYCLE

just got back from monterrey, mexico!

SO HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 404 Not Found View Post
          Did ya change the pedals yet to a clete type? I put Egg Beaters on both of my mnt. Bikes...they are indestructable, plus nobody can jump on it and ride away w/o the cletes needed to pedal the bike.

you can ride clips with normal shoes easily if you arent completely retarded at riding bikes, but yeah, I am putting clip pedals on, but only for races, when im just fucking around ill use some plastic ones

Comment

clips with normal shoes, easily?

imo, not really. then again it's not difficult enough that it would hamper people from stealing your bike..

also disc-brakes are a pain imo, would take me forever to change a tire.. then again i'll forever be an idiot when it comes to repairing my own bike.

Comment

I've only noticed that you have to unmount the whole diskbreak when switching a tire on cheaper ones. My bike is a Specialized and I've never had that problem. And about the sound when you break.. yeah a bit. But isn't a reason enough for me to switch back to V-breaks because they bite so much better, if you know how to break right!
              And I find it hard if you have shoes that are too big, to ride with spd's. But it's not like your not going to be able to ride the bike. Like if im just going down town really quick i wont put my cycle shoes on..
              Looks like a good bike, even if i personally don't really like fully. I'm glad Kona now have realized that Shimano dealers and Sram shifters isn't a good idea! ^_^

Comment

i have a cube which is kinda ok for its price. There is one drawback tho, duno if thats just my bike but in winter when it gets realy cold the suspension doesnt work propperly. Maybe i could change the oil or something but if you live in a very cold place it probably is a good idea to check that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Pummel View Post
                  you can ride clips with normal shoes easily if you arent completely retarded at riding bikes, but yeah, I am putting clip pedals on, but only for races, when im just fucking around ill use some plastic ones
                  I use the egg beaters on my mountain bike...I wish you luck if you ever try riding them w/o the cleets. Only reason I like the Egg Beaters, is that they are a self cleaning pedal as you ride. No mud and crap buildup.
                  May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

404 I just looked up egg beaters I just thought it was ordinary spd peds but they seem a bit more tricky then the ones I have.

peace

Comment

Working...
                    X