Pillars of the Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pillars of the Earth

anybody who's having a slow summer or looking for a new book to pick up, i just finished Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett, and found it to be very interesting.

its fiction, but goes through the generations exploring the story behind the building of a cathedral in medieval times. Its fairly historically accurate, and from what i understand is an atypical novel for this author.

I had it recommended to me by my dad who had just finished it, but once i was reading it i was approached by all sorts of middle aged women who had started it but 'hadn't gotten around to finishing it.' Apparently it was part of the oprah book club or whatever, but either way its worth a read.

weird. i finished it yesterday.
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

I just finished Code To Zero by Ken Follet, can also recommend that one ^^
      "... I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep." -R. Frost

Comment

http://houghtonmifflinbooks.com/cata...eNumber=590550

Best book about cathedrals ever.
        Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
        www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
        www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine View Post
          Whoa, I actually read that book back in the day when I was really into architecture.

This one is pretty sweet too, not as many words though.
          USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

I giggled when I read that book (when I was 14 years old) because it has some sexy time in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Singularity View Post
              I just finished Code To Zero by Ken Follet, can also recommend that one ^^
              I can recommend this!

I'll check out Pillar of Earth once I finish a Confederacy of Dunces (slow read...but good).
              Originally posted by Tone
              Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Hmm I have some of those cross-section books too.
                thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Working...
                X