Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sorry T0ne

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=...-saucer&sc=rss

"He anticipates that the craft's body will be made from a material that is an insulator such as ceramic, which is light and a good conductor of electricity."

Ehh?

Also, I bet the power requirement for this is so huge it's not possible at the moment. At least he admits finding a power source will "make it or break it" though.
    USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
    ---A few minutes later---
    9:cool koen> you scorereseted
    9:Kim> UM
    9:Kim> i didn't
    9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
    9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
    9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
    9:pascone> lol?

Comment

So basically its a 'lifter' big deal. They arent efficient at all, and they do not work in space. The biggest payload one has ever lifted was a hamster... And the power supply isnt onboard for any current ones.

The only way this will work is if we use wireless electricty, tesla's idea, that was proven and ignored for so long.

Comment

kind of interesting to see the ideas though, even though it may never end up happening. The same with BMW's new concept car, Gina.

Comment

Originally posted by riske View Post
          So basically its a 'lifter' big deal. They arent efficient at all, and they do not work in space. The biggest payload one has ever lifted was a hamster... And the power supply isnt onboard for any current ones.

The only way this will work is if we use wireless electricty, tesla's idea, that was proven and ignored for so long.
          weird i was reading about tesla's wireless electricity like 3 days ago...
          .fffffffff_____
          .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
          .ffffff|ff __fffff|
          .fffffff\______/
          .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
          .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
          .fffff\________/
          .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
          .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
          .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
          .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
          .fff\__________/