• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doomsday?

Story
    sigpic
    All good things must come to an end.

Are you related to that fellow with the sign on the street corner?
    Celibrate
    XXX is overrated.

Comment

Story

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j50ZssEojtM
      Last edited by Fluffz; 09-08-2008, 05:55 AM.

Comment

I first read the title of that vid as: Large Hardon Rap.
        Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

I have avoided this LHC rap for a while now, expecting it to be terrible. But it's actually really good. I hope the LHC will find something unexpected.

Comment

i wish they would find the solution to the universe any time soon, following this stuff gets more and more confusing.

Comment

I was expecting a black hole that would destroy the planet. Since it failed I'll have to wait for 2012 now.
              Regency> not in for dd lol
              Regency> would rather eat some cock ;<

Comment

darn thing was a success
                sigpic
                All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Not yet it isn't. They've only tested the ability to fire particles in either direction. The real thing will be when they do it at the same time to force a collision.

Comment

Originally posted by Dant-Zu View Post
                    I was expecting a black hole that would destroy the planet. Since it failed I'll have to wait for 2012 now.
                    i am looking forward to this party already.

Comment

and when it works, they'll have accomplished the amazing task of verifying their hypothesis and finding that pesky boson -- all to the tune of an ungodly amount of time and money.

well i guess they'll go to any lengths to prove a theory that as far as i can tell, no one's refuting.

i didn't look at that video, but i have been reading up on this for a bit. even learned more than i wanted to about all those things they skipped in physics. i didn't think it was to test the "big bang" but to prove the existance of some neutral boson that should exist in theory, but not in the physical world outside of the big bang (requires too much energy, highly unstable). but it was like a month ago so maybe i'm just confused. That and to find the relationship between weak, EM, and Strong (nuclear) forces.

Too bad after all these years, they still don't know how gravity fits into the equation, and that's the first force we found.
                      .fffffffff_____
                      .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                      .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                      .fffffff\______/
                      .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                      .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                      .fffff\________/
                      .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                      .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                      .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                      .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                      .fff\__________/

Comment

http://www.hasthelhcdestroyedtheearth.com

Comment

lol, give it time

and the nazis
                          .fffffffff_____
                          .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                          .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                          .fffffff\______/
                          .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                          .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                          .fffff\________/
                          .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                          .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                          .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                          .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                          .fff\__________/

Comment

Originally posted by DankNuggets View Post
                            and when it works, they'll have accomplished the amazing task of verifying their hypothesis and finding that pesky boson -- all to the tune of an ungodly amount of time and money.

well i guess they'll go to any lengths to prove a theory that as far as i can tell, no one's refuting.

i didn't look at that video, but i have been reading up on this for a bit. even learned more than i wanted to about all those things they skipped in physics. i didn't think it was to test the "big bang" but to prove the existance of some neutral boson that should exist in theory, but not in the physical world outside of the big bang (requires too much energy, highly unstable). but it was like a month ago so maybe i'm just confused. That and to find the relationship between weak, EM, and Strong (nuclear) forces.

Too bad after all these years, they still don't know how gravity fits into the equation, and that's the first force we found.
                            Quite coincidentally it's the very boson you're referring to that they want to find. It's the prime suspect in the question "why does stuff have mass" and how mass transcends to gravity. You may have confused it with the neutrino which is well-documented nowadays.
                            2:Displaced> k washed my nuts, hope they stop itching now
                            2:Displaced> now its my fucking foot that is itching, FOR FUCKS SAKE

2:Eeks> there was this girl that had a crush on me
                            2:Eeks> and she had the biggest boobs i've ever seen live
                            2:Eeks> had back problems too i think
                            2:Eeks> it was kinda disturbing when her boobs were bigger than her head

1:DangerGirl> spider, give your cap to era
                            1:spider> Wooooohoo!
                            1:spider> .*passes the hat*
                            1:Erathia> <eats the hat>

Comment

Who gives a shit? We're stuck to the Earth. We're not floating off any time soon. How about we stop global warming before we figure out where mass comes from.

And before I get called a hippie, don't solve global warming, solve hunger, cure Cancer, or AIDS (if anyone cares anymore, "Eric Clapton couldn't come, we got Jimmy Buffet",) or any of the problems actually affecting the human race.
                              Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                              Message has been sent to online moderators
                              2:BLeeN> veh yes
                              (Overstrand)>no
                              2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                              2:BLeeN> ok then no
                              :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                              (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Working...
                              X