Left 4 Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left 4 Dead

Has anyone tried this yet? I already bought this game on steam so I could access the demo, and it's amazing. The zombies has an AI that remembers how previous encounters went, so if you demolished them when they rushed you from a cellar they won't do it again. So far I've seen that they come from different positions each time, everything from storming you from a direction to jumping down from rooftops. So far this is one of the most entertaining games I've played in several years. The 4 player coop part is very well made, and the zombie AI is simply brilliant.

I'm playing this on steam, my steam name is Noah84. If you want to play this then add me and we'll blast some zombies together.
    Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Everyone I know says this is fucking amazing, haven't played it yet, definitely will be picking up a copy
    Originally posted by Ward
    OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

I went over to my friend's pad the other day and I had a chance to play a couple parts. It truly was amazing. I'm probably stepping a little far by calling it the best game I have ever played since I've only had a few plays but you guys should definitely try it out.

Comment

I love it, but like most co-op games I wonder: Will it get boring all too quickly?

I hope they add tons of FREE new levels.

Comment

Valve has already said they're releasing the source so people can create their own levels

Also the way the AI is scripted, no game is the same as the previous ones; the zombies learn from how you play and adapt

aka if you wipe out zombies that burst from a basement really easily, the next time you play through, they won't come from there- 5 might come from the left while 15 might come from behind you, all while you're aiming at the basement door
          My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

It's sooo fucking nuts. Like, I love the way it comes out like a cheesy horror movie to start out with. The "Loading Screen Posters" are a nice touch. But yeah, playing with 3 other people online (I have a demo on the xbox 360), is sick.
            DELETED

Comment

Well, Valve are gonna have to do their damndest in order convince Microsoft to allow user generated content on the Xbox 360. Maybe Randy Pitchford as an ex Microsoft employee could pull a few strings. One of the downsides of, and reasons UTIII was a failure on the Xbox 360 was the lack of user generated content.

Comment

My nephew has this game and while I was over visiting he did nothing but play it. The last game he was playing was Farcry 2, and between those two games, I have growing faith in the video game industry these days. Yeah, sure, my gaming experience for the past 8 years has revolved around a 10 year old game (Subspace), but after this season I'd seriously consider getting one of these games on the PC, or whatever the next generation of games happens to be.

Left 4 dead is intense from the beginning to the... well whatever part he's at right now. It doesn't disappoint. You actually have some sort of empathy for the CPU players on your team. Although it wasn't extremely important to have them all, he'd even restart the game to keep them if they had died - zombied, w/e. He worked his whole strategy to keep these guys, I liked that aspect.

Comment

actually its not AI, its a system where zombie locations are randomized between a set amount of locations, about 10 different ways they come at you. if u play the game long enough, ul understand the pattern
                  Call me Hadoken cus' Im down right FIERCE

Comment

you are why people hate the internet
                    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

No, it's not AI but now I shall explain exactly why it definitely is AI. Give me strength...

Comment

not only that, but "you can understand the system if you play 45 hours of it every week, it's not that hard"

Comment

obviously you fucks have no clue what an AI is...

but to make it a lil more simple for you, if i put a zombie here....and he attacks....is the SAME FUCKING THING as putting a zombie over here, and he attacks...

if you dont get the fuckin drift, stop being a smart ass...
                          AI is determined by what enemies do as your playing the game, it isnt predetermined.

for example, if you shoot and the enemy hides behind an obstacle, thats AI

if you play the same shit over and over again with zombies coming from different directions each time because its determined that theres a set amount of locations they can come from and its randomized each time, no, thats not AI.

thank you for showing your one of the imbeciles who claim they know things, be glad i took the type to break it down to you

Comment

if you play the same shit over and over again with zombies coming from different directions each time because its determined that theres a set amount of locations they can come from and its randomized each time, no, thats not AI.
                            Thanks for reading what I posted about adapting and then trying to act like you're the next messiah by repeating already known information

Just to get an idea of why we're making fun of you, think about the scientist from the simpsons and why he always seems like an idiot

hint; it's not because he is actually smarter than anyone else

Comment

u confirmed everything i needed to know when u mentioned simpsons.

thank you

Comment

Working...
                              X