Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Three Bailout- Will you be affected?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Squeezer View Post
    sigh, this is why I don't argue shit with you. All I say is that maybe we shouldn't leave all the auto industry workers out high and dry. Maybe we should have some sort of plan in place for all the unemployed that are about to drive our taxes through the roof.
    well then plan away, comrade squeezer! i'm sure sectreas paulson would love to hear from you.

i'm not saying we're gonna become the next russia, or the next germany. i'm saying that this is america, and if you keep looking at photographs of lenin and moscow, you might forget your own country.
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
      i'm not saying we're gonna become the next russia, or the next germany. i'm saying that this is america, and if you keep looking at photographs of lenin and moscow, you might forget your own country.
      So when you look at a $20 bill, do you see Jackson and then feel as if you should tear up every treaty with the native americans and want to recreate the trail of tears again?

I do not forget about the U.S. and its censored history of what is pushed into the minds of children in such a manner that it's almost brainwashing when we learn of our own history. The U.S. history is not something to be all that proud of when one looks at how this government has neglected as well as abused its own citizens and many foreign nations not to leave out our placing dictators to rule such peoples.

The theory of what America stands for, is much much more than what the actions of it governments have shown in 232 years.
      May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Originally posted by Squeezer View Post
        Consumer disinterest is only one part of the reason these companies are failing. Mismanaged loans, corporate benefits for CEO, Poor technological development, inflated unionized wages, etc. Of all the things I listed above, only one could possibly be attributed to the wrongdoing of your father and other autoline workers. The average slag pays his union dues because he gets more pay, not because he's a union zealot. He's just trying to support himself and his family family, so I fail to see why he should be held accountable because the guys above him decided to squander the company's money on private jets and 14-year-old boy Cambodian love slaves. I don't think it's fair to say, "well tough luck, you should have seen it coming." If you've ever been stuck in a job to make ends meet you know that sometimes a steady paycheck is the only thing you can count on.
        I think you've misunderstood me. My dad has nothing to do with the auto sector. I'm just saying his company is going under due to the economy, but the government isn't going to bail him out. So why should I pay and bail out the auto workers? Who's more important to me, my dad or random people I don't know?

If the government is going to help certain companies because they have political clout, screw that. And no, I don't think they should bail out every company either because that would be impossible and silly.
        Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
        www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
        www.animeslice.com

Comment

404, I'm with you 110%. Every time I hear things like "this time we really need it", i think about the thousands of other times it's been said, and everything that's happened as a result.

when I look at jackson on the 20, i just feel angry. putting the one president who vowed to destroy the central bank on the face of a Federal Reserve note... it's like spitting on a grave
          NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue View Post
            Let's look at this example of a mechanic shop, which by your last paragraph I can tell you've never worked near one.
            I was under the impression that mechanics affiliated with the Big 3 aren't exactly part of the UAW? I mean aren't dealers just franchises? They have their own bosses and their own structure.

I'd say mechanics who work in a dealer would have a bit of a disadvantage because they only know how to fix the cars of only one company and not the others. Meanwhile those with full experiences for all cars would do better. Obviously if you have a really good mechanic who's smart and willing to learn that's different.

My anime blog:
            www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine View Post
              I was under the impression that mechanics affiliated with the Big 3 aren't exactly part of the UAW? I mean aren't dealers just franchises? They have their own bosses and their own structure.

I'd say mechanics who work in a dealer would have a bit of a disadvantage because they only know how to fix the cars of only one company and not the others. Meanwhile those with full experiences for all cars would do better. Obviously if you have a really good mechanic who's smart and willing to learn that's different.
              True but if their shop only works on one of the Big 3 cars, and suddenly their main source of income/funding goes out the window, everyone isn't going to keep their jobs.

That being said I hope (hope) there are plenty of people out their either with contingency plans, or people that started formulating them once this economy really started getting shaky back in august/september.
              My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue View Post
                True but if their shop only works on one of the Big 3 cars, and suddenly their main source of income/funding goes out the window, everyone isn't going to keep their jobs.

That being said I hope (hope) there are plenty of people out their either with contingency plans, or people that started formulating them once this economy really started getting shaky back in august/september.
                Well I'm just saying that the whole 'high pay, good benefits' thing is a misnomer, because that may be true of SOME big 3 related mechanics, but most likely not even close to all. The high pay, good benefits thing only applies to factory workers.

My anime blog:
                www.animeslice.com

Comment

Good point
                  My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Working...
                  X