deleting threads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deleting threads?

So now the requirement to have a thread deleted is to have it disagree with what the moderator believes in? Please stop deleting shit at random thank you.
    I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
    I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

I think people are looking at this right now.
    Last edited by kthx; 12-11-2008, 11:37 PM.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

General Discussion forum. Conspiracy theories, campfire stories, homebrew recipes, and the one date you went on back in '79 that ended in court all gets told here. Oh, and Jason...if he's lucky.
      sigpic

Im gonna slash and gash, rip another hole in your ass.
      I'll smear blood on the walls and then play
      tennis with your balls, and if the phone rings dont answer the caLL.
      im gonna slit yo throat, fuk u like a goat
      i'LL rip yo fore skin off and make a winter coat. PEACE!

Comment

8:Lrim> you guys take this game too seriously

Comment

My "obamanopoly" thread was deleted for no reason lol.
          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
            My "obamanopoly" thread was deleted for no reason lol.
            I was surprised to see that deleted as well.
            May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

wait wait wait...

really?

i showed the log to a couple coworkers who thought it was pretty funny

it seriously got deleted? it was in useless crap

you can have a thread with nothing except random symbols in useless crap and not have it deleted

ahahah

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

wow they seriously deleted obamopoly...

i thought it was funny.

also as i believe 404 said why is it they make threads useless crap but allow asians ftw thread in general section. If your gonna make a rule apply it to all, or at least list them so the general public knows that anything disagreeing with your political views gets removed from forums.
                Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
                2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
                2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

man you know you got a little rush of indignation-fueled adrenaline when your thread got deleted because then you know youd get to make this awesome, thought-provoking thread
                  5:gen> man
                  5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Originally posted by Facetious View Post
                    man you know you got a little rush of indignation-fueled adrenaline when your thread got deleted because then you know youd get to make this awesome, thought-provoking thread
                    but...

why was it deleted?

there are other threads that i would have considered much stronger candidates to remove

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

I said this on staff chat last night when I asked about it as well, the fact that one of my threads was deleted, specifically a joke thread like that one obviously was wasn't really a big deal to me, but the fact that this isn't the first time one of my threads was just randomly deleted is a cause for some concern on my behalf. It wasn't really justified, and considering the amount of time and effort I do put towards writing serious posts, and creating serious threads, as well as writing HoN, and Featured articles I would just expect there is be a certain level of professionalism on forum staff to not go around making retarded choices.

Even if you personally don't enjoy reading my forum posts I know there are plenty of people who do find what I say about TWL games, distension, and politics insightful and interesting. So would you rather me just roll over and have my posts deleted for no reason, in which case writing HoN and Featured articles would pretty much be a useless decision for me to do if posts and threads written by me are just open to be deleted for no reason. I am sure that if this were to happen to you that you wouldn't just say oh well, sometimes threads that break no rules get deleted sometimes.
                      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

uh why was that thread deleted?

we seriously need some forum mods who arent total nerds

brb reporting kims thread, it offends me

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                          but...

why was it deleted?

there are other threads that i would have considered much stronger candidates to remove
                          There was no reason given in the deletion of the thread. Personally, when a forum moderator gives a warning or bans a user, there is a reason noted as to why this was done as well as the moderator who made such changes. This rule should also apply to deleting threads.

Forum threads IMHO, should not be deleted, unless they are breaking the rules of the forum set forth or are just so old that a pruning is necessary for forum space on the server.

I really do not do all that much moderation on the forums, as I find they somewhat run themselves. If someone posts a thread in Gen. Discussion about music, I have moved it to the Music category and the same can be said/applied to Sports & any other category set forth.

If a thread that poses no harm to the forum set forth in the rules we all know, then it should not be deleted. If it is deleted, there should be at least some accountability as to why and who deleted the thread.

It does come across as a personal attack on the one that posted a thread when it is removed for no apparent reason and or violation of forum rules.
                          May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Before everyone jumps on every forum mods ass, a few forum mods talked to me about this last night and were just as pissed off as I was about the fact that someone deliberately deleted this thread. Lets not make this a "we hate forum staff" kinda deal, it was just one moron who will probably get his powers removed.
                            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=112604531

obamanopoly lives on
                              8:Lrim> you guys take this game too seriously

Comment

Working...
                              X