Grand Torino

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a fucking +

how did this movie not get any awards....
    Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
    2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
    2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

Clint Eastwood won Best Actor by the National Board of Review and he has been nominated in several other awards as well. However, I too, am surprised that Gran Torino has gotten virtually snubbed out of the Academy Awards in every respect. But hey, I'm sure Clint Eastwood is proud at the fact that he made over $100 million dollars for a movie that only cost $33 million to make.

Comment

I'm pretty sure he doesn't give a shit about the Academy or Awards because he probably has a house full of awards next to the house he actually lives in

that and he's fucking clint eastwood
        My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Clint did a great job. I think way too many people just label him as racist. That's not really his character. He's a classic 50s American. Worked in a factory his whole life. Fought in the Korean War and was decorated. Yeah he calls asians "fish heads" and blacks "spooks" but to solely define him as a racist is to misunderstand his character completely. He's worked hard his whole life, and is intolerant of selfishness and meekness, and doesn't take and shit from anyone about anything. I think what is great is that he also embodies that ignorance in a lot of people. Using racist terms until he actually gets to know people of a minority and even liking them. Yeah he still calls the kid a zipper-head, but it's almost in an endearing, nickname kind of way.

That said I have to agree that the acting of the neighbors is subpar in parts. It's really noticable but Clint keeps it together. Also, I was really hoping for a big shootout at the end, but I like the ending as it is. It shows that he's changing even as old and set in his ways as he is.

4/5
          Last edited by L1 TW; 02-01-2009, 02:27 PM.
          IF YOU EVER DREAM OF BEATING ME, YOU BETTER WAKE UP AND APOLOGIZE.

1:Vermillion Flame> crap, why is it so hard to grab just one newbie lol

1:Vermillion Flame> i've noticed that. a real lack of supply of players here

1:Vermillion Flame> i never thought a single newbie could be so precious
          yo dog, I heard you like driving, so we put a car in your car so you can drive while you drive
          Originally posted by tone
          no you son of a bitch debunker

Comment

People are going to see this movie and think that it's alright to be openly racist. They won't realize that Clint Eastwoood's character is the one that deserves the most mocking. He refused to change with the times and inevitably got left behind.

I really liked the movie, I'm just worried how people will interpret it. It's the same way after Chappelle's show came out and white racists thought that it was now okay to say ******. They completely missed the point of the satire, it depresses me.

Come to think of it, it's just like people that watch the Colbert Report and don't get it.

The movie had very good dialogue and good acting for the most part, I would recommend it to most of my intelligent friends, the dumb ones should see Taken instead.

And the title of the movie was Gran Torino if I'm not mistaken.
            Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Working...
            X