Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inauguration Day- who's going to DC/watching it on TV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inauguration Day- who's going to DC/watching it on TV?

If the Red cross opens up a shelter I'll be in fairfax handing out cofee to people crazy enough to drive up to DC on Tuesday

D1stort/Face/ Bioture- any of you cats going to be in DC on Tuesday? I hear they're shutting down 66 and 395 completely. Metro will be a clusterfuck, I think 2.3 million people are estimated to be there on the big day.

Anyone from out of the DC/Metro area coming over for the event?
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

For the love of God don't go into DC. They say they're shutting down all the bridges, and with an estimated 1 million tourists coming from VA and 4 million total in the area, you might as well forget the metro.

I was reading the Express on the metro this morning and it says that WMATA can handle 120k passengers an hour. You do the math. After the inauguration there probably will be mass hysteria with everyone trying to go home at once because it will be 10 degrees outside. Not worth it.

I've thought about camping out at my office (which is in Federal Triangle already) and going in to DC on Tuesday. The problem with that is afterwards I'll still be stuck in DC because there most likely will be lines to go on the metro.

So yeah I'm going back home to philly for the 4day weekend.
    TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
    TelCat> hoes get paid :(
    TelCat> i dont

Comment

Definitely not worth going unless you are a diehard supporter. It's going to be way too much of a clusterfuck for it to be enjoyable.
      4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
      4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
      4:Geio> DEEZ?
      4:Geio> LOLOL
      4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
      4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
      4:spirit> LOL
      4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
      4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

I can only imagine how much money this will generate, especially in one day...what a day to be the guy that owns the contract of which supplies and removes all the shit and piss from DC and the porta potties up and down the mall.

Nah...staying away from that mess....will watch on TV.
        May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

I was in DC all of yesterday and last night, there's all kinds of ridiculous nonsense going on getting ready. They have the Washington Monument like totally fenced off and it looked as though there were about 500 porta-potties in several rows there. I have class on the 20th so I'll be in Blacksburg instead, thankfully.

For anyone who can swing it, use the special bus routes, they will be better than taking the rail
          USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

If I was going to stand in a crowd of 500000 rabid liberals to see a black man, it would be Samuel. L. Jackson, not Barack Hussein Obama.
            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by D1st0rt View Post
              I was in DC all of yesterday and last night, there's all kinds of ridiculous nonsense going on getting ready. They have the Washington Monument like totally fenced off and it looked as though there were about 500 porta-potties in several rows there. I have class on the 20th so I'll be in Blacksburg instead, thankfully.

For anyone who can swing it, use the special bus routes, they will be better than taking the rail
              shit at least you'll be down in VT when classes start

my room mate goes to mason and his classes also start up on the 20th. Problem is they're shutting down 66 and might be shutting down parts of 50, so getting to class is going to be a nightmare for him- unless he goes early.

metro parking lots are probably going to be full up by 4am on tuesday, no lie it's going to be insane
              My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                If I was going to stand in a crowd of 500000 rabid liberals to see a black man, it would be Samuel. L. Jackson, not Barack Hussein Obama.
                You forgot to put Hussein in bold capital italics.

Anyhoo, I won't be able to make it; but if any of you do, give Barack my best regards.
                The pleasure's all mine.

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090115...20090115180442

http://sfweekly.com/slideshow/view/222857/1

Comment

I'll be catching a connecting flight in dulles in March, if I could go right now I would.

I'd love to be there. I'll most likely be recording the CNN feed and turning it into a story for my news class.

edit: actually, just out of curiosity I might want to stay in Washington for a night or two. I can easily catch a flight a day or two later, I wanted to know how long I'll need to actually explore Washington.
                    it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

i will be there, look for me on t.v. my name is barack obama
                      Originally posted by turmio
                      jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                      Originally posted by grand
                      I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

hope obama is in the pope mobile
                        DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                        DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                        DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                        DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                        DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                        DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                        1:waven> is if im going to prison
                        1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

Originally posted by Cops View Post
                          edit: actually, just out of curiosity I might want to stay in Washington for a night or two. I can easily catch a flight a day or two later, I wanted to know how long I'll need to actually explore Washington.
                          2 days is not enough time to see Washington D.C. You can get a taste for it, but if you want to check out the Smithsonian Museums, there is so much to see and so little time. Fun town to explore! Monuments, Museums, Restaurants and so on.

Whatever time you sepnd there, will only wet your appetite to return and see more.
                          May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

I'm really digging Hi-Hostels, relatively cheap and fairly safe. I found one in Washington that is between 4 and 8 blocks from everything I'd want to see. I might just look at visiting some U.S cities this summer, instead of cutting my trip up.

404, what American cities would you recommend? I'd love to see Boston and New York, though New York is ridiculous when it comes to Hotels and I'm not sure how 'clean' or 'safe' a hostel in New York would be.
                            it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Originally posted by Jeenyuss View Post
                              i will be there, look for me on t.v. my name is barack obama
                              you are a grat man. fill me with hope jeenyus
                              Originally posted by Tone
                              Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Working...
                              X