Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone interested in Spotify? Got 5 invites to give away.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone interested in Spotify? Got 5 invites to give away.

.. to non retarded people.

What is Spotify?
    Spotify offers you legal and free access to a huge library of music. All you need to do is create an account and download our streaming music player.

https://www.spotify.com/en/

So basicly it's a program where you stream music, and it's pretty good quality too. Has most songs, but it lacks J-music.
    DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
    Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
    Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
    -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Unfortunately, due to licensing restrictions we are not yet available in your country. We understand that you are currently in Canada (your IP address xxx). If you believe we have made a mistake, we apologize and ask that you please contact us at support@spotify.com.

Well ain't that a bitch.
    sdg

Comment

Basically if you're retarded, you're bang outta luck for getting a Spotify account from RATTY. You have been warned!

Comment

canada's got some seriously fucked up copyright laws now if i'm not mistaken. sharing any type of music whatsoever has now become illegal? is this correct? someone who knows their shit shed some light on this situation.
        Originally posted by turmio
        jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
        Originally posted by grand
        I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeenyuss View Post
          canada's got some seriously fucked up copyright laws now if i'm not mistaken. sharing any type of music whatsoever has now become illegal? is this correct? someone who knows their shit shed some light on this situation.
          I hope they don't enforce these laws too seriously or I'm fuckered.
          7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
          7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
          7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
          7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
          1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

If you use some proxy service that hides or alters your IP, it's possible to evade that country restriction and register an account. Try to get an UK proxy with

http://www.hide-my-ip.com/dlink.cgi

(it's a program).

Get on Spotify, register, and use "SW1A 2AB" as postal code. Turn off the IP program and get on Spotify again, and edit profile to whatever you like.

Spotify works much better than I thought, it's pretty good.

EDIT: UK proxy only?
            Last edited by RATTY...; 01-19-2009, 09:08 PM.
            Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Comment

It also says it won't work for me and I live in the US. So I guess it's a UK thing only.

Comment

Originally posted by RATTY... View Post
                If you use some proxy service that hides or alters your IP, it's possible to evade that country restriction and register an account. Try to get an UK or US proxy with

http://www.hide-my-ip.com/dlink.cgi

(it's a program).

Get on Spotify, register, and use "SW1A 2AB" as postal code. Turn off the IP program and get on Spotify again, and edit profile to whatever you like.

Spotify works much better than I thought, it's pretty good.
                speaking of proxies, anyone know of one that will support hulu?
                Originally posted by turmio
                jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                Originally posted by grand
                I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

They were considering changing the laws, but haven't done so as of yet. As it stands, sharing music and files is still completely legal in Canada.
                  Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
                  -Buddha

Comment

This is odd, didn't think there were so much trouble getting into Spotify. But I'm pretty sure what I wrote earlier works.

Comment

http://www.jumptags.com/tag/web%20proxy%20uk

Internetbased UK proxy thing. Someone test this and tell me how it goes.

Comment

They were going to pass Bill C-61 but it died when Harper called the last election (39th parliment). Bill C-61 did improve on C-60 but it's still pretty bad.
                        I don't know where the Liberals stand on this, I emailed my MP (a Conservative but we gave him the boot in October) before the election but got back a cookie cutter response. The NDP oppose it I think.

Major details from Bill C-61:

-It would have forced tivo and other PVR technologies to delete media after a set date (no permanent recordings). Libraries which can provide digital copies of books and other media would have to ensure the copies self-destruct within 5 days of initial viewing. I assume this makes torrenting/downloading of freely broadcasted content over the airwaves also illegal because it allows for archiving.

-circumvention and removal of copy protection (even rootkits) would become illegal, copying of a single backup would be allowed (for non-viewing purposes) but beyond that it becomes copyright infringement.

-ISPs would no longer be held liable for copyright infringement which happens on their network (some say this is meant to put the burden on the prosecution or suing party, exempting ISPs might remove them from being responsible for providing evidence, others say it's a move towards straight criminal prosecutions as individuals would be held completely responsible).

-500$ per download, $20,000 per case of removing DRM locks. No exemption for research or educational purposes.

-"Making available" or distributing copy written work, on any medium (no mention of fair use) would become illegal (regardless of the default in Bittorrent and other P2P technology).

-Unlocking cellphones; illegal.

-Multi-regional devices and media; illegal.

-Commercial circumvention of DRM would at most net you 1 million or more in fines or 5 years in jail.

-Tariff on blank media would remain.

All of this is meant to metaphorically lock Canadians up in a digital age of mass-communication and digital commerce. It ultimately opens the door for the MPAA and RIAA to start suing en-mass. Instead of locking people up the Feds should be working to provide broadband internet access to all Canadians, putting money towards improving wireless coverage and cost (we are one of the worse in the developed world), ensuring Bell and Rogers are doing the same. It's a DCMA clone (US copyright law) and it's being written and directed by US media interests without concern or input from the Canadian public or leading IT professionals. So much more could be done if people would see that the proliferation of information and media isn't such a bad thing and its effect on the bottom line is at best positive if not non-existent.

Edit: I mentioned in the BSG thread that the CRTC doesn't regulate online content so the problem with services like Spotify and Hulu not working in Canada probably has more to do with lacking broadband infrastructure (new price gouging bandwidth capping and packages and the resentment and apathy the large ISPs hold towards improving on infrastructure) and economic viability for those companies to provide their service in other regions.
                        Last edited by Kolar; 01-20-2009, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Holy shit Kolar, what do the laws stand at right now? If that thing passed, I seriously would highly consider leaving this country. I know that may sound extreme, but damn that law is toooo much for me. I love Canada, I do, but that's just not going to work with me.
                          7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
                          7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
                          7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
                          7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
                          1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

Prior to 2004 it was implicitly legal to download music, for all other media types that were copy written it was still illegal. A 2005 case set the precedent that for personal use it was explicitly legal to download music and upload, placing a mp3 file into a shared directory did not amount to distribution. The case was BMG Canada Inc. v. John Doe, it was appealed and thrown out eventually but the appeals court stated it was inappropriate for the court to decide that uploading didn't constitute distribution, as in mass/commercial distribution. The suits goal was to have ISPs divulge personal information of their clients based on IPs culled from P2P networks much how it works south of the boarder. Both the legality of downloading, uploading and the issue of ISPs releasing private information hasn't been resolved. The RCMP has said (I don't remember where) that they won't investigate individuals for non-commercial copying but that still leaves the option for civil lawsuits assuming they can legally get their hands on ISP info.
                            Last edited by Kolar; 01-20-2009, 02:10 PM.

Comment

What's J-Music?

Jew music?

Comment

Working...
                              X